Login

russian armor

Jäger Armor is still the same BS than before

24 Mar 2021, 19:03 PM

The last changes made Jäger Armour even more popular in team games as the AT-strafe is generally more useful than the Stuka dive bomb. The ability is also bugged and there are usually no sound cues. In combination with Spec Ops flares, it's almost impossible to keep arty pieces alive as you have to constantly have your camera on them to have a chance to dodge the ability.

Every single 3v3 has Jäger Armour in it, the balance patch tried to fix this but totally failed at achieving its goal.
24 Mar 2021, 20:02 PM

The last changes made Jäger Armour even more popular in team games as the AT-strafe is generally more useful than the Stuka dive bomb. The ability is also bugged and there are usually no sound cues. In combination with Spec Ops flares, it's almost impossible to keep arty pieces alive as you have to constantly have your camera on them to have a chance to dodge the ability.

Every single 3v3 has Jäger Armour in it, the balance patch tried to fix this but totally failed at achieving its goal.

Do you mean the At strafe that keeps hitting trees and buildings and killing nothing? and i think that every game has Jäger Armour in it because it's the only thing that still somewhat viable for Ostheer i mean tigers are dead to any amount of TD > 2, ostruppen and ass gren got nerfed, static art can be destroyed with off-map and recon combo, there is really nothing for Ostheer to do aside from playing like you have no commander until you get to make that elefant/Brumbar combo or go for meme commanders like encirclement which again you play like you have no commander until you get to close the pocket.
24 Mar 2021, 20:05 PM

Yeah it's almost like the Ostheer have the most viable base roster in the game and commanders only enhance it or something.
24 Mar 2021, 22:25 PM

The ability is also bugged and there are usually no sound cues.

I hope this is true because I've lost a couple tanks to that ability when I thought they were safe and I swear I had no indication the ability was even being called in until I physically saw the plane. Thought I was hallucinating

If this is true they need to fix that asap. Cause that's 10 times worse than having a stuka bomb

Edit: also how the hell are the Soviet replacement abilities fair in comparison? Those strafes are absolutely useless in comparison to the AT strafe
24 Mar 2021, 22:28 PM

24 Mar 2021, 22:33 PM

I hope this is true because I've lost a couple tanks to that ability when I thought they were safe and I swear I had no indication the ability was even being called in until I physically saw the plane. Thought I was hallucinating

If this is true they need to fix that asap. Cause that's 10 times worse than having a stuka bomb

Edit: also how the hell are the Soviet replacement abilities fair in comparison? Those strafes are absolutely useless in comparison to the AT strafe

It definitely is. The last couple of days every Allied game was totally miserable because almost all decent Axis players already know this and abuse the ability non-stop in combination with either recon overflight or OKW Spec Ops flares.

It makes it impossible to use any mobile artillery unit. The problem is that as I said there is no sound cue and the planes arrive fast. You basically have to keep your eyes on the artillery units nonstop in order to avoid getting killed which is impossible as you need to micro frontline units as well. Especially in combination with OKW Spec Ops flares (again hard to spot if not used on the frontline) it's basically unplayable for Allies in 3v3 now as no rocket arty means losing to team weapon spam every single time.
24 Mar 2021, 22:35 PM

OKW Spec Ops flare is likely getting adjusted next patch, so that should solve most of the issue.

Could you elaborate on the "no sound cue"? How is it different from other offmap airplanes?
24 Mar 2021, 22:38 PM

OKW Spec Ops flare is very likely going away next patch, so that should solve most of the issue.

Could you elaborate on the "no sound cue"? How is it different from other offmap airplanes?

The only warning is the red smoke which you often don't see on rocket artillery units as they are usually not on the frontline and your camera is on the units in combat. There is no warning on the mini-map and also no audio warning.

To be honest even if you do move units (like Katjushas) away instantly there is still a chance it gets killed because the planes arrive from the boarder of the map and if you dodge in the wrong direction or you get stuck in map objects for a second the unit is dead.
24 Mar 2021, 23:10 PM

keeping your arty alive.. sounds like a l2p issue, bud
25 Mar 2021, 00:08 AM

That's a little horrifying.

But also, almost like the doctrine with a self-spotting heavy TD, recon, and immobilize mines will be broken unless it gets more seriously reworked than "we took away stuka dive bomb problem solved guys."
25 Mar 2021, 00:22 AM

That extreme slow skillplane, took almost 6 or more seconds to reach its target, you seriously thought it was overpowered?

I thought that skillplane is a trash tier.
25 Mar 2021, 04:39 AM

Balance teams goals wasn't to make Jaeger armor less meta or decrease it's prevalence but to make it not counter everything by it self.
25 Mar 2021, 04:42 AM

OKW Spec Ops flare is likely getting adjusted next patch, so that should solve most of the issue.

Nooo.... I guess axis can't good stuff at all.
25 Mar 2021, 07:13 AM

Nooo.... I guess axis can't good stuff at all.

Eye of sauron recon is really shitty, both UKF And OKW flares should be reworked.
25 Mar 2021, 10:08 AM

Imo one ability from Jaeger armor should be swapped with an ability from Fortified armor (the other elephant doctrine), something that nerfs Jaeger, but makes Fortified equally as interesting.
Right now Jaeger has all the good stuff, spotting, recon and offmap, while Fortified has only the recon. Sure, they have hull down, smoke and cp4, but it's all too defensive, can't go as offensive as Jaeger can.

Edit: even Festung armor could be involved in this swapping around, as this doctrine lacks any recon option. It could receive either the scope or the recon plane from jaeger.
25 Mar 2021, 14:07 PM

will the ukf one be adjusted too ? maybe remove it since they have stock recon with the captain, it could have a mobile mortar instead as u know it's the royal ARTY one

for special ops maybe give them the truck from the flame commader ?
25 Mar 2021, 14:29 PM

Eye of sauron recon is really shitty, both UKF And OKW flares should be reworked.
LOL
25 Mar 2021, 14:30 PM

Imo one ability from Jaeger armor should be swapped with an ability from Fortified armor (the other elephant doctrine), something that nerfs Jaeger, but makes Fortified equally as interesting.
Right now Jaeger has all the good stuff, spotting, recon and offmap, while Fortified has only the recon. Sure, they have hull down, smoke and cp4, but it's all too defensive, can't go as offensive as Jaeger can.

Edit: even Festung armor could be involved in this swapping around, as this doctrine lacks any recon option. It could receive either the scope or the recon plane from jaeger.
Fortification mean defensive so I don't get why it should have attacking stuff. There is also 1 more factor at play here, Everyone has Jeager Armor doctirne but you need to purchase or grind for Fortified Armor which means people are not gonna go out and get Fort Armor just for the ELE.
25 Mar 2021, 14:45 PM

Fortification mean defensive so I don't get why it should have attacking stuff. There is also 1 more factor at play here, Everyone has Jeager Armor doctirne but you need to purchase or grind for Fortified Armor which means people are not gonna go out and get Fort Armor just for the ELE.

Both true, but right now, when compared to Jaeger, Fortication doctrine doesn't look very attractive and even if one has it they would most likely still stick with Jaeger. I mean of all the Elephants you encounter, how many of those came from Fortification? I'm pretty sure it's less than 1%. Called 'fortification' or not, that doctrine needs an extra something over Jaeger, or Jaeger needs something less.
25 Mar 2021, 15:57 PM

Isn't the AT strafe the same as the one from CAS? The one that has artillery flares and takes 5 seconds to arrive and is dodged by clicking 10 pixels to the right?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★