Login

russian armor

Lefh Counter Barrage Controversy

PAGES (9)down
23 Mar 2021, 11:26 AM

What's the point in that? Then in an actual scenario over decent distances the LeFH will be too slow to fire before the rocket artillery can finish its barrage and back away out of range. Counter Barrage still adheres to the LeFH's maximum firing range, it does not have unlimited range.

Which force your to bring your unit out of range instead of moving it await from their initial position.
Mortars or pakhowitzers and such are pleased to know you just need to move them out of lefh range once they fire their barrage for safety.
MMX
23 Mar 2021, 11:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2021, 11:14 AMTygrys

Why am I not surprised. What an absolute joke.

It's not gamebreaking? A zero micro ability that will track your moving artillery basically until it stops and will hit it isn't gamebreaking. I have no words.

you'd probably want to reconsider your definition of game-breaking. this has been part of the game likely since the introduction of cb without being discovered until now.
again, i don't disagree that it should be looked at, but blowing things out of proportion isn't exactly helpful, either
23 Mar 2021, 11:33 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2021, 11:26 AMEsxile

Which force your to bring your unit out of range instead of moving it await from their initial position.
Mortars or pakhowitzers and such are pleased to know you just need to move them out of lefh range once they fire their barrage for safety.

Those unit have such slow barrages that they will be counter barraged before finishing their own.
23 Mar 2021, 11:35 AM

Those unit have such slow barrages that they will be counter barraged before finishing their own.

They will be dead.
23 Mar 2021, 11:35 AM

It has always been an OP ability, especially vs units like pak howi or scott. I know that if there is an enemy LeFH spammer, trying to constantly recon/barrage it is pointless as they will keep spamming more than your munitions income. It will track my scott and keep barraging it constantly. On maps where the LeFH is not bound by range (Hamburger, Winnekendonk...), it renders any kind of mortar/pak/scott play pointless.

Wehraboos will most likely defend it with "whataboutism".

It's actually been said plenty of times that it's a broken OP ability but nobody dares touch it because the axis fans would go berserk.
23 Mar 2021, 11:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2021, 11:05 AMVipper

USF/UKF/OKW all have stock reckon sweeps ideal for providing vision on enemy static howitzer. Call in a off map in multiplayer game is not really that hard.

That doesn't respond to what they said. With random teammstes it is that hard. Your only chance of coordinating it is through text chat, which is not easy and you don't even know if they speak your language

In arranged teams, not a problem at all. But counter barrage is easy no matter what
23 Mar 2021, 11:37 AM

LeFH reacts within 2 shots of the pak howi, even less so if already facing the direction. There is no play against it outside of destroying it. Most 3v3 maps are small enough for LeFH to be all seeing. 2v2 you'll seldom find more than one LeFH. 4v4 there will always be one guy that builds 8 LeFHs and just counter barrages everything
23 Mar 2021, 11:38 AM

That doesn't respond to what they said. With random teammstes it is that hard. Your only chance of coordinating it is through text chat, which is not easy and you don't even know if they speak your language

In arranged teams, not a problem at all. But counter barrage is easy no matter what

It does.

It very easy for a single player to have call both the reckon and the off map.
23 Mar 2021, 11:40 AM

Which force your to bring your unit out of range instead of moving it await from their initial position. Mortars or pakhowitzers and such are pleased to know you just need to move them out of lefh range once they fire their barrage for safety.

Could you actually run some tests instead of just reacting sarcastically?

In both scenarios the turned around LeFH (vet 1, no rotation bonus) starts firing as the Pack Howitzer and mortar finish their barrage and they are able to move out of the barraged area as the shells start coming in.

Mortars and the Pack Howitzer their barrages take so long that a turned around LeFH will still start firing as they finish their barrage or right after. Especially once the LeFH has the vet 2 rotation speed bonus. Again, the "tracking" doesn't change anything here and is next to pointless. Using the opposite facing as you suggest actually makes it worse here.

Counter Barrage is a valid concern/discussion, but this "tracking" premise presented in the OP is blown out of proportion and a total non issue in most if not all in game scenarios.
23 Mar 2021, 11:40 AM

Depend on cooldown but I'm reacting more about the "solution" proposed, -Yeah just back off out of Lefh range.
Should say the same thing next time someone complain about elefant or jackson range, just back off out of range. Why have we nerfed ISU range again last patch? you just need to back off out of range...

Counter Barrage is a valid concern/discussion, but this "tracking" premise presented in the OP is blown out of proportion and a total non issue in most if not all in game scenarios.

Until you see your unit get blow off even after having moved it away from where you shot your barrage. Which happen enough so people made a dedicated video to try to understand why.
23 Mar 2021, 11:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2021, 11:38 AMVipper

It does.

You are just deflecting from the original topic. That still doesn't respond either.
It's not easy to do that with random team members or on your own. Otherwise, this thread would not exist. Are you literally telling us to "L2P"? It really all you are saying.

I moved from 2on2s to a handful of 4on4s over the weekend and the last couple of days, and it feels to me all I do is spamming team weapons + grens to brum to LeFH for what it feels like easy wins and counter barrage does all the work with auto aim and auto track. It gets difficult against double brits (+whatever other factions) but still manageable. They just nullify most of USF/SOV arti/range roaster. No wonder artillery is king in 4on4 with all these commanders with LeFH that counters what the enemy tries to do against it.
23 Mar 2021, 11:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2021, 11:38 AMVipper

It does

It does not. It is not very easy at all, because you don't know the enemies commander in advance

There are more commanders with leFH than there are ways to combine recon and nukes with 1 person. And the soviets can only do that with 1 specific doctrine

Meanwhile every single leFH commander gives you the ability to counter other howitzers. By default. This is not balanced
23 Mar 2021, 11:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2021, 11:40 AMEsxile
Which happen enough so people made a dedicated video to try to understand why.

Only took them 8 years. I guess it's not that bad then, based on this argument.
23 Mar 2021, 11:58 AM

Certain someone would counter this by saying "it was hidden OP".

23 Mar 2021, 12:10 PM

Maybe counter barrage has been OP for a while, and people just actually care about team games now? There's no more "1v1 is all that matters talk" which dominated balance for half the games' life

I don't really understand how anyone can defend this ability in it's current form. You don't have to micro, in a game, that's literally all about micro. There's not even a cost or duration for the ability lol. What's the justification for that?
23 Mar 2021, 12:10 PM

It does not. It is not very easy at all, because you don't know the enemies commander in advance

There are more commanders with leFH than there are ways to combine recon and nukes with 1 person. And the soviets can only do that with 1 specific doctrine

Meanwhile every single leFH commander gives you the ability to counter other howitzers. By default. This is not balanced

What I have said and will say it again since you seem to have trouble reading is:

The stock reckon planes allow USF/UKF/OKW to call in off map on static howitzer with little trouble.

One does need to know the enemies commander in advance, one can always pick a commander after his opponent.

Regardless going into a 3vs3 or 4vs4 without a commander with off map or arty is probably a strategical mistake.
23 Mar 2021, 12:12 PM

Probably because there isn't anymore insta counter to LEFH and ML20. Before that it was acceptable, but not anymore since those indirect buffs.

Anyway it is maybe also a problem of communication of yours. Maybe aknwoledging the issue and saying that something will be done about it in the next patch would be a better way to tactle the issue than just throwing a "not a problem".
23 Mar 2021, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2021, 12:10 PMVipper

What I have said and will say it again since you seem to have trouble reading is:

The stock reckon planes allow USF/UKF/OKW to call in off map on static howitzer with little trouble.

I understood what you wrote. Like I said, there are fewer options with those offmaps than there are with leFHs

And as I've already pointed out, this also leaves the soviets out entirely. They are literally the most relevant in this discussion because they are the only allied faction with static howitzers, and are the most effected by counter barrage

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2021, 12:10 PMVipper

One does need to know the enemies commander in advance, one can always pick a commander after his opponent.

Regardless going into a 3vs3 or 4vs4 without a commander with off map or arty is probably a strategical mistake.

This doesn't respond to the point again. All leFH commanders give you that reliable counter already. It's built-in. You don't have to consider it at all. Of course you don't go in without one on your loadout, for christs sake

That leaves out the design of the ability itself, which I would love to see you try to justify. Free and no duration? Little to no user-input required? This is balanced in your opinion?
23 Mar 2021, 12:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2021, 12:12 PMEsxile
Anyway it is maybe also a problem of communication of yours. Maybe aknwoledging the issue and saying that something will be done about it in the next patch would be a better way to tactle the issue than just throwing a "not a problem".

Seems more like a reading issue on your part. I never said in this thread that CB isn't a problem. I only said that this "tracking" that got brought up in the OP is not a real issue because it's significantly less useful/powerful than the video/OP made it out to be. I did acknowledge that CB in general is a valid concern/discussion:
Counter Barrage is a valid concern/discussion

And I'm sure you'll understand that I can't disclose details about a patch that's still in development because everything is still subject to change. Yes, it is being looked at.

23 Mar 2021, 12:49 PM

I understood what you wrote. Like I said, there are fewer options with those offmaps than there are with leFHs

And as I've already pointed out, this also leaves the soviets out entirely. They are literally the most relevant in this discussion because they are the only allied faction with static howitzers, and are the most effected by counter barrage

Number of commander with Lefh is completely irrelevant, it takes 1 USF/UKF/OKW commander with off map to counter static howitzer with easy regardless which commander an Axis played has chosen.

This doesn't respond to the point again. All leFH commanders give you that reliable counter already. It's built-in. You don't have to consider it at all. Of course you don't go in without one on your loadout, for christs sake

That leaves out the design of the ability itself, which I would love to see you try to justify. Free and no duration? Little to no user-input required? This is balanced in your opinion?

At this point you it seem that you are trying to pick up fight and I am not really interested.

I have point a very simply thing:
Stock reckon sweeps allow USF/UKF/OKW to counter static howitzer easily as long as the pick a commander with off map and they do not require coordination between player to pull off.

If in your opinion it not easy to for USF/UKF/OKW to call in off map on static artillery feel free to argue you opinion, else I suggest you leave me out of it.

PAGES (9)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS