Login

russian armor

Ostheer Commander Revamp 2021

29 Mar 2021, 09:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2021, 08:22 AMTygrys

You suddenly forgot weapon racks cost fuel too?

what gave you that impression???
29 Mar 2021, 09:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2021, 08:46 AMKatitof

If you don't want to factor in costs of racks, you can't factor in costs of reinforcing that 5th gren.
Sorry, no double standards.

OK, how would you factor the cost of rax every individual rifle men/any other unit. I would like to hear it. If you don't reply I'll simply take this as straw man argument.
29 Mar 2021, 09:56 AM

OK, how would you factor the cost of rax every individual rifle men/any other unit. I would like to hear it. If you don't reply I'll simply take this as straw man argument.

The usual.
Cost of upgrade divided by amount of units that will likely benefit from it.
In USF case, 6 would be a good number.
29 Mar 2021, 09:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2021, 09:36 AMKatitof

Timing is also a measurement of units strength and potency and 7 man cons arrive much later then 5 man grens.

That is a simple fact.

The game doesn't end when both players have fully teched idiot. that makes no sense why at late game a new cheaper 7-man cons should be any better than a new 5-man gren.
29 Mar 2021, 10:01 AM

The game doesn't end when both players have fully teched idiot. that makes no sense why at late game a new cheaper 7-man cons should be any better than a new 5-man gren.

There is a timing for units to peak. They continue to be useful, but the time when they were strongest is past them.
For cons, its late game.
For grens and volks its mid game.
29 Mar 2021, 10:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2021, 09:36 AMKatitof

Timing is also a measurement of units strength and potency and 7 man cons arrive much later then 5 man grens.

That is a simple fact.

Conscripts 7 men timing has very little to do with a thread about Ostheer commander revamp.
29 Mar 2021, 10:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2021, 10:02 AMVipper

Conscripts 7 men timing has very little to do with a thread about Ostheer commander revamp.

Exactly, but since memory seems fleeting:

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2021, 09:10 AMVipper
5 men grenadier cost 270 manpower/ 60 munition, that same way 7 men conscripts cost 258 / 50 munition.

That is a simple fact.

So why are you comparing them out of sudden, like it did, when you yourself said its irrelevant?
29 Mar 2021, 10:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2021, 10:03 AMKatitof

Exactly.

So why are you comparing them out of sudden, like it did, when you yourself said its irrelevant?
If you have any useful input about Ostheer commander revamp feel free to add.
29 Mar 2021, 10:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2021, 09:56 AMKatitof

The usual.

I'll let you figure out on your own why that is not a good way of factoring the cost.
29 Mar 2021, 10:07 AM

I'll let you figure out on your own why that is not a good way of factoring the cost.

In the meantime, I'll grow old waiting for you to come up with a good excuse why.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2021, 10:05 AMVipper
If you have any useful input about Ostheer commander revamp feel free to add.

My input is, since writing is your strength, not reading, 5 man grens are balanced now for their timing.
You want to see them being stronger again? Then delay them.
29 Mar 2021, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2021, 10:07 AMKatitof

In the meantime, I'll grow old waiting for you to come up with a good excuse why.

Like I said, i'll let you figure out your self. Or are you saying you are not smart enough to do that in reasonable amount of time.
29 Mar 2021, 10:13 AM

Like I said, i'll let you figure out your self. Or are you saying you are not smart enough to do that in reasonable amount of time.

Don't post in arguments if you don't have arguments of your own.....
I'll let you figure out yourself why.
29 Mar 2021, 11:09 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2021, 09:56 AMKatitof

The usual.

You still keep perpetuating this as if it was the only way to do and as if there were no arguments against it.
So I'll just keep pointing out that most Allied side techs are meant to delay the main tech, so the costs are also there to delay the main tech.
29 Mar 2021, 11:23 AM

My input is, since writing is your strength, not reading, 5 man grens are balanced now for their timing.

If that is the point you want contribute to this thread, may I suggest that you start with that instead of starting on how much BAR riflemen cost, a subject that has been debated extensively in a thread specifically about it.

Pls avoid personal comments that not constructive (for a third time)

You want to see them being stronger again? Then delay them.

I have not made any suggestions about 5 men grenadier to be stronger or weaker.

What you are proposing would not work because, if one delays the 5 men grenadier upgrade, it would become rather pointless because players would probably be forced to upgrade with mgs just to survive.
29 Mar 2021, 11:26 AM

You still keep perpetuating this as if it was the only way to do and as if there were no arguments against it.
So I'll just keep pointing out that most Allied side techs are meant to delay the main tech, so the costs are also there to delay the main tech.

You still have a choice to delay it, you aren't forced into that cost, so delaying factor of side tech, in USF case, is completely optional pre 1st med.

If you get it early, rifles will outperform grens and volks regardless of their upgrade of choice, if you delay it to post med tank, then grens and volks will have longer period where their performance is peaked because of tech choice of delaying your own upgrades.

You can argue however you want about the value of cost inflation of weapon upgrades for allies, but you can't argue it doesn't inflate units cost at all and is just a matter of timing, that last thing applies exclusively to soviets and their choice to rush 7th man at a cost or delay it and have it unlocked through tech timing later on.

Thing is, side tech cost and potential timing of upgrades both factor in units potential strength.
And lastly, I never said allied side tech cost is NOT meant to delay tech, just that you need to factor at least part of its cost into units strength, because it directly leads to improving that units performance in an exclusive way aka you do not get any tech benefits other then improvements to infantry.
29 Mar 2021, 11:32 AM

Yeah, in the current build of the game(and for a while) it doesn't really do that. It's only a gating mechanism.
29 Mar 2021, 12:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2021, 11:26 AMKatitof

snip

I'll make it short since this is a rather off topic discussion and we've had it plenty of times before:

Adding side tech cost for Allies only is completely misleading. Allied infantry is meant to have side techs by design, they need it to be competitive. The cost of those side techs as well as unit timings have been balanced with Allied main tech (that's why the pure Allied main tech path is cheaper than Axis counterparts). When the side tech has to be bought matters for balancing, but not for the overall point.
So you have two choices for comparison between Allied and Axis squads: Either add side techs to the main tech cost. Or as you say, add it to the unit cost. But then split some arbitrary amount of Axis tech cost to weapon upgrade/nade unlock etc as well. Because this is part of what their teching benefit, but Axis does not have a choice while doing so.

So finally after all that back to 5 men Grens:

Factoring in the costs here is okay, because you get them regardless of teching or any other condition. They have been balanced towards the LMG alternative, not the timing of another unit.
29 Mar 2021, 16:32 PM

I have an Idea for revamping the German Mechanized Doctrine.

German Mechanized Doctrine

0cp: 250 ht
2cp: Mechanization Training(new ability): Allows pioneers to
do critical repairs similar to USF vehicle crews, and gives
grens and upgrade this upgrade gives grens combined arm
ability.
5cp: Motorized equipment(new ability): Gives all vehicle 2
upgrade mutually exclusive between spotting scopes and smoke
discharge also allows pioneers to build repai bunkers.
7cp: P4 command Tank
8cp: LeFH 18.
29 Mar 2021, 17:01 PM

I'll make it short since this is a rather off topic discussion and we've had it plenty of times before:

Adding side tech cost for Allies only is completely misleading. Allied infantry is meant to have side techs by design, they need it to be competitive. The cost of those side techs as well as unit timings have been balanced with Allied main tech (that's why the pure Allied main tech path is cheaper than Axis counterparts). When the side tech has to be bought matters for balancing, but not for the overall point.
So you have two choices for comparison between Allied and Axis squads: Either add side techs to the main tech cost. Or as you say, add it to the unit cost. But then split some arbitrary amount of Axis tech cost to weapon upgrade/nade unlock etc as well. Because this is part of what their teching benefit, but Axis does not have a choice while doing so.

So finally after all that back to 5 men Grens:

Factoring in the costs here is okay, because you get them regardless of teching or any other condition. They have been balanced towards the LMG alternative, not the timing of another unit.

This.

I hate how people always try to compare balance in a vaccum here.
"Allied weapon upgrades are too potient for their timing"
"But allied weapon uppgrades requre side techs"

But, we are saying that even with that cost they are too potient. And, as Hanbal has said, it doesn't factor in the reduced tech costs that allies have to make up for the cost of the weapon upgrades.

Stop nitpicking this detal. It is irrelivant. If you think they are fine just say "They are fine for their timing and cost", not "(x) has (y) but (z) doesn't, so its unfair"

That is not what matters. what matters is that the ability/unit is balanced for its timing.
29 Mar 2021, 17:08 PM

I have an Idea for revamping the German Mechanized Doctrine.

German Mechanized Doctrine

0cp: 250 ht
2cp: Mechanization Training(new ability): Allows pioneers to
do critical repairs similar to USF vehicle crews, and gives
grens and upgrade this upgrade gives grens combined arm
ability.
5cp: Motorized equipment(new ability): Gives all vehicle 2
upgrade mutually exclusive between spotting scopes and smoke
discharge also allows pioneers to build repai bunkers.
7cp: P4 command Tank
8cp: LeFH 18.

Intersting. I dont think that grenadiers should get combined arms, it could lead to combined arms upgraded grenadier death blobs around a vehicle, similar to the old sturm officer.
Plus, I think we are trying to move away from passive buff auras (Which your combined arms upgrade essentialy is)

Also, there is no munitions sink to use your minitions on lategame.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★