Login

russian armor

Raketenwerfer small retreat speed nerf?

15 Mar 2021, 18:43 PM

I think axis players are too hard on the Rak, its a nice little ATG, very underrated.

I would remove the camo from it though. I dont think camo and anti-tank gun should be mixed but thats just my opinion lol.
15 Mar 2021, 18:44 PM

I think axis players are too hard on the Rak, its a nice little ATG, very underrated.

I would remove the camo from it though. I dont think camo and anti-tank gun should be mixed but thats just my opinion lol.

What would you replace its vet I with then? Extra speed? :D
15 Mar 2021, 18:58 PM

I don't understand why Allied players overrate the Raketen so much, the Pak40 is so much better. Is it really that hard to reverse move your AT gun?
Pip
15 Mar 2021, 19:10 PM

What about the (far better) camo that Soviet AT guns can get through doctrines? I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to replacing the Rak's Camo with some other ability, I very rarely use the Camouflage.

Also: As Spoof said, I think I'd rather have the PAK40 than the Raketen, Target Weak Point, along with (universally?) better statistics is something I'd absolutely trade for the ability to retreat the damn thing.
15 Mar 2021, 19:59 PM

What would you replace its vet I with then? Extra speed? :D

I'm not sure. I would say received accuracy to make up for lack of green cover but maybe its at vet 2 or 3, not sure what the rak vet does off the top of my head

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2021, 18:58 PMSpoof

I don't understand why Allied players overrate the Raketen so much, the Pak40 is so much better. Is it really that hard to reverse move your AT gun?

I'm not overrating it, I just think a lot of people underrate it. And yeah the Pak40 is the best ATG in the game, of course I'd rather have one lol

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2021, 19:10 PMPip

What about the (far better) camo that Soviet AT guns can get through doctrines? I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to replacing the Rak's Camo with some other ability, I very rarely use the Camouflage.

Also: As Spoof said, I think I'd rather have the PAK40 than the Raketen, Target Weak Point, along with (universally?) better statistics is something I'd absolutely trade for the ability to retreat the damn thing.

I dont think any atg should have camo so i'd support removing it from those as well. Some could argue "well its doctrinal" but even still, I think from a design stand point, atg and camo shouldnt mix. Now camo and AT infantry on the other hand, I think thats a cool idea and can give the same effect.

15 Mar 2021, 23:33 PM

Cause you know it only looks good on paper, how bout they even try playing okw for more than like 3 games?
16 Mar 2021, 02:04 AM

I think it's because it's so cheesy, not because it's so good. Retreat > Reverse move by a lot so you really shouldn't be equating those

I really wish they would redesign it without retreat, or just replace it with a regular AT gun. I really don't understand why it is the way it is. And assymetry by itself is not a good reason
16 Mar 2021, 04:21 AM

I think it's because it's so cheesy, not because it's so good. Retreat > Reverse move by a lot so you really shouldn't be equating those

I really wish they would redesign it without retreat, or just replace it with a regular AT gun. I really don't understand why it is the way it is. And assymetry by itself is not a good reason

Retreat is not always better than reverse. The Raketen can not creep backwards to safety and still be on the field, and Raketen reverse is very unreliable.
16 Mar 2021, 06:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2021, 04:21 AMSpoof

The Raketen can not creep backwards to safety and still be on the field, and Raketen reverse is very unreliable.

Another reason to just replace it with a normal AT gun

It's always better in terms of survivability. You get the speed and instant defensive buff. Its true that its backing up is wonky, but retreat is still more of an advantage than not

Again I'm far away from saying it's too good. I just don't think it's good to play with or against. Double raks can quickly delete mediums and run away, or sometimes neither of them will even fire at your target once before you need to send them packing
16 Mar 2021, 17:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2021, 04:21 AMSpoof

Retreat is not always better than reverse. The Raketen can not creep backwards to safety and still be on the field, and Raketen reverse is very unreliable.

everything on this post is WRONG.
16 Mar 2021, 18:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2021, 17:30 PMzerocoh

everything on this post is WRONG.

Care to elaborate?
16 Mar 2021, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2021, 18:11 PMSpoof

Care to elaborate?

Let's see. Retreat is more often than not better than reversing because they move faster when retreating than reversing. It can also reverse pretty well now with the latest changes. So yeah, he's right.
16 Mar 2021, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2021, 18:43 PMTygrys

Let's see. Retreat is more often than not better than reversing because they move faster when retreating than reversing. It can also reverse pretty well now with the latest changes. So yeah, he's right.

I didn't mean to say that reverse is better than retreat. I just meant to point out that retreat isn't necessarily as flexible as reverse in certain scenarios.
16 Mar 2021, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2021, 18:43 PMSpoof

I didn't mean to say that reverse is better than retreat. I just meant to point out that retreat isn't necessarily as flexible as reverse in certain scenarios.

It's better than losing an AT gun, especially when there are other units to micro.
16 Mar 2021, 20:03 PM

you can click like 30 meters behind a raketen and still going to reverse fine...

I just don't know why they "fixed" the reversing retreat, it actually took skill to perform it.
16 Mar 2021, 21:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2021, 18:46 PMTygrys

It's better than losing an AT gun, especially when there are other units to micro.

He's probably referring to it actually moving forward when you hit retreat

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2021, 20:03 PMzerocoh
you can click like 30 meters behind a raketen and still going to reverse fine...

I just don't know why they "fixed" the reversing retreat, it actually took skill to perform it.

Probably more like 10m. Similar to the reverse mechanic in coh1

16 Mar 2021, 21:18 PM

Nope, it's like 35m, I tested and it's a very fucking long range.
16 Mar 2021, 23:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2021, 21:18 PMzerocoh
Nope, it's like 35m, I tested and it's a very fucking long range.

So you're saying that if you click at the edge of it's sight range behind it that it'll go in reverse?

edit : you're right, it's pretty long
17 Mar 2021, 13:22 PM

You're like those coh1 players that say a handbrake button is a bad addition to the coh franchise, because it takes away micro and skill, at least if what you mean with "reversing retreat" is that the distance you click behind the raketen and still have it reverse got increased last patch.
17 Mar 2021, 13:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Because this kind of micro is just dumb clicking. There is no decision making or other meaningful input involved, you are just forced to shift click a ton of times.

You could also force every third move order to be a quadruple click that must follow a special rhythm, otherwise your unit will be immobilized. Does it take skill to track how many orders you issued and then get the quadruple click and timing right? Absolutely. Is there any meaningful input that enhances a CoH2 game mechanic? Absolutely not.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★