Login

russian armor

What Did I Do Wrong!? vs. IS blob as OKW - YouTube vid

12 Mar 2021, 23:23 PM
Donator 11

Please critique my gameplay. I'm rank #300ish as OKW. Losing this game totally surprised me because I just can't believe I lost to Infantry Section blob.

• He blobbed quadruple IS and barely micro'd them. Rarely would he not retreat all of them simultaneously
  • He lost his Cromwell and AEC. I lost none of my tanks till late game against his crazy defensive position in mid, yet I still couldn't hold map mid or late game. Although I kept my Puma and Luchs + Panzer IVs alive , they kept getting hit by double ATGs.
  • Little did I know mine spam is a great counter vs. Feursturm
  • I lost too much infantry though, my unit preservation has always been poor. I keep them fighting for too long.
  • Why my Raketen fail but his ATGs do so much work?
  • Should I have gone Stuka? Does anyone go Stuka in 1v1s? If it was a 2v2, that would be a no brainer. Blob + support weapons = stuka no brainer
  • Was my commander choice terrible?me
  • He seemed to always have so much infantry.
  • IS blob + dual fickers + his great Cromwell micro always kept my infantry at bay. He micro'd his Cromwell very well. It kept flying all over the map BECAUSE HE HELD MID.
  • Once church got destroyed cuz of his artillery, mid was game over for me. No way I could hold it from red cover, no building, while he had a wood building.

The YouTube video is POV me.
13 Mar 2021, 01:10 AM

I'd happily do a replay review if you post it. It's too complicated for me to watch a video, unless it's an old replay or something and then well, we'll see. xD
13 Mar 2021, 02:21 AM

There's a reason why british players are regarded as disgusting
15 Mar 2021, 18:14 PM

Disclaimer: I didnt watch the whole thing.
The one thing that stand out most for me: too many mp40 volks.
They are inferior to stg44s in almost any situation. Especially vs. IS where you get fucked over any range, that isnt <10.

My suggestion. Maybe mix one mp40 squad in, if you need the smoke or have him designated for cqc parts of the map
1 Apr 2021, 17:46 PM

I had a match in Steppes 3v3, the spawn positions were
Okw-----------Brit
none-----------none
Ost (me)------Soviet
Ost------------Brit

In late game, need Vicpoint, 2 were on top vs Okw, I had to move up to help. A Brit setup retreat point right behind Ammo point near Vic.
Any fight, when they retreat, they just draw back like 100m away. While I have to run far far to the bottom of the map. Feel so unfair.
But somehow I won the match.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS