Login

russian armor

Top level player allegedly maphacking in CoH2

• This thread is locked
PAGES (23)down
18 Mar 2021, 16:50 PM

I have been watching this thread since the beginning and have remained silent. I thought most of those clips were inconclusive with perhaps a few suspicious exceptions, which I believed to be excellent game sense/luck. Most of the clips were neutralized when more context was provided for review.

Regardless of Seeking's play, it was determined that he was playing on his uncle's account (who had map hacked prior if my understanding is correct) after being warned not to.

My only question, and I apologize if was answered already, what was the 100% crystal clear evidence that he was playing as Deadbolt? I imagine this should be straight forward as it was the evidence used to give Seeking his ban.

Thanks for helping me understand!
18 Mar 2021, 17:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yes and that's what I feel is a bit weird considering I am sure Relic would have banned other people if presented with the same evidence. This is also confirmed by seeking's document where a screenshot shows how Relic literally says that in a "high profile" case like this there needs to be more evidence than in regular cases.

For me this seems unfair as standards applied for banning people for map hacking should be the same no matter their popularity.

I think the misunderstanding comes from this post of yours (shortened):

Meanwhile Seeking had the chance to explain everything and has now not been banned even though the presented evidence would have easily gotten someone else banned.

Before this post the discussion was referring to Relic bans. So you either implied that Seeking had chance to defend himself regarding a Relic ban which to my knowledge has not been the case. Relic just refused to ban him. Or you are confusing a Relic ban with the ML ban. Seeking has not published his document until then, so there is no way of referring to Relic giving preferential treatment at this point in time.

But even in Relics response there was nothing written about a defense of Seeking. The "high profile" comment could mean two things:
1. Relic just wants to avoid the hot water (probably a decent part of the answer)
2. High level players just have better positioning of units, so more things will be explained by "game sense". Not even AE and others were debating that Seeking is a good player or suggesting that he is only good because he hacked, Seeking simply has a decent game sense. If a scrub like me would cheat, you'd see it. Because it is not normal that a player plays like shite and forgets units regularly, yet manages to predict flanks and everything accurately. So a high level player indeed needs more conclusive proof.
18 Mar 2021, 17:13 PM

I have been watching this thread since the beginning and have remained silent. I thought most of those clips were inconclusive with perhaps a few suspicious exceptions, which I believed to be excellent game sense/luck. Most of the clips were neutralized when more context was provided for review.

Regardless of Seeking's play, it was determined that he was playing on his uncle's account (who had map hacked prior if my understanding is correct) after being warned not to.

My only question, and I apologize if was answered already, what was the 100% crystal clear evidence that he was playing as Deadbolt? I imagine this should be straight forward as it was the evidence used to give Seeking his ban.

Thanks for helping me understand!

CPM analysis and the fact that Seeking is miles ahead of deadbolt in terms of skill. If an average player suddenly beats very good players in 1v1 and 2v2 there is obviously something strange going on.
18 Mar 2021, 17:18 PM

CPM analysis and the fact that Seeking is miles ahead of deadbolt in terms of skill. If an average player suddenly beats very good players in 1v1 and 2v2 there is obviously something strange going on.

I think everyone more or less agrees that there is a very high chance of the real Deadbolt being a hacker, if we assume that to be the case... doesn't it make sense that he would suddenly be able to beat players above his skill?
18 Mar 2021, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2021, 17:18 PMCieZ

I think everyone more or less agrees that there is a very high chance of the real Deadbolt being a hacker, if we assume that to be the case... doesn't it make sense that he would suddenly be able to beat players above his skill?

No, because map hacking doesn't increase your CPM and make an average player learn the mechanics of the game and game sense. When Deadbolt cheated it was blatantly obvious as he simply isn't a good player and can't hide the use of hacks. You could say he didn't even bother hiding the use of maphacks by the way he played. Just look at those satup replays.

If the D E A D B O L T account that is currently rank 1 UKF 1v1 played like this people would have noticed way earlier.

18 Mar 2021, 17:25 PM

No, because map hacking doesn't increase your CPM and make an average player learn the mechanics of the game and game sense. When Deadbolt cheated it was blatantly obvious as he simply isn't a good player and can't hide the use of hacks. You could say he didn't even bother hiding the use of maphacks by the way he played. Just look at those satup replays.

Agreed. But we have replays of Deadbolt playing against Seeking, where Deadbolt has high CPM.

Deadbolt having high CPM was the argument used to claim that Seeking was playing on Deadbolt.

Either Seeking was playing both accounts simultaneously... or Deadbolt has, at least some of the time, a higher CPM than originally assumed.
18 Mar 2021, 17:33 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2021, 15:48 PMA_E
Private PM thread between myself, referees, and people that had reported the issue. I was being emotional upon thinking someone had hacked their way to taking publicly donated funds.

Friendly word of advice: Giving someone the "opportunity" to hand over money, or else you will file a police report accusing said person of being "a cheat [...] that steals money" is an act of coercion (§240 StGB Nötigung, für unsere deutschsprachigen Freunde), punishable by imprisonment or a fine under German law.

Discussing it in a "private PM thread" is conspiracy to commit said coercion, also illegal.

Good thing you didn't actually follow through with this stupidity. My advice: You are adults (in some cases over 30), start acting like it.
A_E
18 Mar 2021, 17:36 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Friendly word of advice: Giving someone the "opportunity" to hand over money, or else you will file a police report accusing said person of being "a cheat [...] that steals money" is an act of coercion (§240 StGB Nötigung, für unsere deutschsprachigen Freunde), punishable by imprisonment or a fine under German law.

Discussing it in a "private PM thread" is conspiracy to commit said coercion, also illegal.

Good thing you didn't actually follow through with this stupidity. My advice: You are adults (in some cases over 30), start acting like it.

No not report him to the police, complain to his employer.... And again, it was only ever meant as an exclamation of anger in a private PM chain, not meant to be taken seriously in any way. It looks very foolish now of course, and it was never meant to be a publicly scrutinised statement of a rational person.
18 Mar 2021, 17:40 PM

were at a point in the discussion where things get laughable.
i mean, nothing against a good laugh, but its laughable
Only Relic postRelic 18 Mar 2021, 17:57 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hi everyone.

We had hoped that this thread would be a civil discussion, but as it's turning to personal attacks and toxic behavior, it's become clear we need to step in.

To be clear; we have reviewed all evidence shared with us and we will continue to do so for any additional information that is put forward. We're also continuing to investigate via our internal cheat & hack detection tools.

We continue to appreciate all input from the community, and your vigilance in upholding the game's integrity and fair play among players. However, we must reiterate that the final responsibility and decision for any action taken lies with us. We've recently been focusing on moderation action, you can read more about it here on the official forums: https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/247033/moderation-enforcement-update

We continue to welcome your reports and feedback, but ask that these are handled professionally while respecting the privacy and dignity of all parties.
18 Mar 2021, 18:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2021, 17:36 PMA_E

No not report him to the police, complain to his employer.... And again, it was only ever meant as an exclamation of anger in a private PM chain, not meant to be taken seriously in any way. It looks very foolish now of course, and it was never meant to be a publicly scrutinised statement of a rational person.

AE, is that true that Flap was threatened if he does not say Deadbolt is satup? Also Deadbolt = satup is not 100 % confirmed?

And do you have any proof of that Flap confirmed they are the same person?
18 Mar 2021, 18:52 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I will close this thread down as to not divide the discussion between different threads. Please keep the discussion to the thread with Seekings defense in it.
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS