Login

russian armor

Top level player allegedly maphacking in CoH2

• This thread is locked
PAGES (23)down
14 Mar 2021, 19:14 PM

Bao was banned mid stream for impersonating the new community manager after like 30mins.

Worrying that proven map hackers get banned once every couple of weeks but someone impersonating the community manager gets banned immediately.
14 Mar 2021, 19:18 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2021, 16:48 PMGiaA

People told sturmpanther and he was like "no, deathbolt wants to prove himself, he trained with XYZ."

He = seeking, right?
Because i never said something like that. I always thought already in the start, that it is not deadbolt.
Pip
14 Mar 2021, 19:20 PM

Worrying that proven map hackers get banned once every couple of weeks but someone impersonating the community manager gets banned immediately.

Ostensibly impersonating a CM is more immediately provable, and potentially more immediately damaging to Lelic as a company/brand. I can see why it was jumped on quickly, especially given that the CM is brand new and they likely want first impressions to be positive.

I should like to see them do more to combat cheating, though.
14 Mar 2021, 19:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2021, 19:08 PMRosbone
Seeking had clicked the ability but had not told the game where to shoot yet

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Either I'm retarded or Rosbone is completely wrong. Can someone confirm?
14 Mar 2021, 19:32 PM

This.

I see what you guys are saying. The barrage was actually firing early.

Sorry for the confusion. I was thinking the button only had 2 states, but it has 3 states.
- Off
- Armed
- Firing

I am still confused by some things in the video. Will keep looking.

14 Mar 2021, 19:34 PM

He = seeking, right?
Because i never said something like that. I always thought already in the start, that it is not deadbolt.

Ok I take it back then sorry. I only heard of that response through someone else. My point still stands though. Don't get why he wasn't prevented from signing up.
14 Mar 2021, 19:35 PM

Forget for a second who is been accused. And provide a possible explanation to the following:

I want anyone who is in doubt, to prove me wrong. That somehow Seeking has a quantum PC who can send key commands across the ocean for the server to receive the input immediately.
Or that somehow there's such a level of desync, in the realm of 1 to 2 seconds (around 30/60 frames difference for a non +720p60f yt vid)

If Seeking had stay silent or given ANY OTHER DEFENSE for several of the clips, that would be way more logical.

I would love if someone found an explanation cause that would mean i would learn something new.

In terms of the katyusha firing, to me it seemed as though he was firing on the retreating volks. I will admit the t70 sniper clip was odd. Especially since he didn't finish repairing it.
14 Mar 2021, 19:37 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2021, 19:34 PMGiaA

Ok I take it back then sorry. I only heard of that response through someone else. My point still stands though. Don't get why he wasn't prevented from signing up.

Nothing personal vs you GiaA, but i hate all people, who brings arguments at all, without they can proof it or have it direct out first hand lol.

I was speaking with seeking like 2 days after deadbolt was starting to pride post the replays. So i was the first one who were thinking: hmmm no way.

But seeking lied direct into my face. For 2 days ago seeking finally was saying sorry to me now, about this.
14 Mar 2021, 19:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2021, 19:35 PMVonIvan

In terms of the katyusha firing, to me it seemed as though he was firing on the retreating volks. I will admit the t70 sniper clip was odd. Especially since he didn't finish repairing it.

what retreating volks though? they retreated as a reaction to the katy as far as i can tell. Nonetheless I don't think a single katy barrage says much.
14 Mar 2021, 19:42 PM

Nothing personal vs you GiaA, but i hate all people, who brings arguments at all, without they can proof it or have it direct out first hand lol.

I was speaking with seeking like 2 days after deadbolt was starting to pride post the replays. So i was the first one who were thinking: hmmm no way.

But seeking lied direct into my face. For 2 days ago seeking finally was saying sorry to me now, about this.

Ok, I was explainign this to some german coh players on Discord and one of them claimed to be chatting with you while we were talking and told me that was your response. (I remember his claim verbatim) So I had a fair amount of confidence that it's correct. Apparently he was full of shit. But you're right I shouldn't have used that case as an example because as you say it's second hand information.
14 Mar 2021, 19:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2021, 19:38 PMGiaA

what retreating volks though? they retreated as a reaction to the katy as far as i can tell. Nonetheless I don't think a single katy barrage says much.

Ah I thought it was because of the il2 overhead, I see the timing of it now actually. Not sure how he saw that blob incoming then
14 Mar 2021, 20:02 PM

I don't know any of the details there, but I reckon it's a lot easier to check out a stream for a second than to extensively review a whole host of replays / reports.
14 Mar 2021, 20:06 PM

I don't know any of the details there, but I reckon it's a lot easier to check out a stream for a second than to extensively review a whole host of replays / reports.

Yes but if map hacking is obvious as in case of deadbolt then banning should also not take more than 1-2 days and AFAIK deadbolt's account is still unbanned which is very very weird considering it was made 100% obvious that he is hacking days ago.
14 Mar 2021, 20:14 PM

Yes but if map hacking is obvious as in case of deadbolt then banning should also not take more than 1-2 days and AFAIK deadbolt's account is still unbanned which is very very weird considering it was made 100% obvious that he is hacking days ago.

I honestly don't get where this 100% certainty comes from all of a sudden. Because A_E said so? I don't feel confident at all judging Deadbolt by that one game.

And regarding seeking it's even less certain. Sorry but the clips A_E presented are actually quite weak. There's like 4-5 clips that are very suspicious but far from 100% and these clips weren't even included in A_Es original video. Most of the clips in Brosras/Ashas/Artavicks playlists are honestly useless.

What should get seeking banned is that he's still bullshitting about playing on the Deadbolt account. There are several replays from march that were 99% played by seeking on deadbolts account.
14 Mar 2021, 20:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2021, 20:14 PMGiaA

I honestly don't get where this 100% certainty comes from all of a sudden. Because A_E said so? I don't feel confident at all judging Deadbolt by that one game.

No deadbolt played on another account and was maphacking in the most obvious way possible. I am not talking about seeking playing on deadbolt's account here but deadbolt playing on another account.
14 Mar 2021, 20:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2021, 19:32 PMRosbone

Sorry for the confusion. I was thinking the button only had 2 states, but it has 3 states.
- Off
- Armed
- Firing

If you look at the start of the clip, the katy starts moving at around 24:07. And you can see it rotating on the minimap right before it fires.

So it could have been ordered to fire way back at 24:07. Moved to position, rotated, and fired? Could just be a guess that something would be there since he has units on the left and right side and just saw the puma and AT guns in mid. Infantry had to be somewhere.

My point is the replays dont tell the whole story. We need Relic to store the actual commands. All we are seeing is the result of a command. We dont know when the command was issued?

1) It could have been around 24:06 at the blob area.
2) It could have been issued to hit the AT guns mid, and was then modified last second to the blob.
14 Mar 2021, 20:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2021, 19:32 PMRosbone

- Off
- Armed
- Firing

I guess someone else already answered. BTW there's also a bug in the replays whenever you spam click FOW on and off, but in that clip, he didn't had any vision of the blob before they pop up. If you have doubts in regards to minimap or the IL2, the plane doesn't provide vision and it was shooting at the AT guns.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2021, 19:57 PMVonIvan

Ah I thought it was because of the il2 overhead, I see the timing of it now actually. Not sure how he saw that blob incoming then

From Gadaffi's stream

4:05:36
Gaminggod_is_an_astronaut_CoH3:@seeking256 theres no way you fired that katy based on vision of the grens

4:05:38
seeking256:i dont mean i did see the whole blob

4:05:46
Gaminggod_is_an_astronaut_CoH3:it was too quick

4:05:52
seeking256:but i katy the inf instead the at gun reversing back to the base

4:05:55
seeking256:there is nothing else on the map

4:06:17
seeking256:@god_is_an_astronaut_CoH3 ofc not all of the blob but i did see the gren infron
14 Mar 2021, 20:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2021, 20:14 PMGiaA

What should get seeking banned is that he's still bullshitting about playing on the Deadbolt account. There are several replays from march that were 99% played by seeking on deadbolts account.

Community guidelines on official site says nothing about playing or different accaunt, smurfing or boosting. This may be tecnically appyed only if a previosly banned player is playing on a different acc, because you are tecnically is not allowed to play the game if you was previosly banned.

External hacks / cheat programs
- Instant permaban from ALL Relic games

This is pretty much the only way why Deadbolt and seeking accaunt could be banned. Because if its proven that deadbolt accs were banned in vCoH and if they are belong to him, he should be also banned in CoH2 and Seeking acc should be banned aswell, because he let banned for cheats individual play on his acc.
14 Mar 2021, 20:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2021, 20:21 PMRosbone

1) It could have been around 24:06 at the blob area.
2) It could have been issued to hit the AT guns mid, and was then modified last second to the blob.

Dude, seeking on twitch reviewed the clip and he himself said he wasn't going to fire at the 2 AT guns and he knew there was a blob around the area he was looking at. Feel free to go look up the stream and see for yourself.

Regardless, you're grasping at straws. The Katy was commanded to fire before the 1st unit of the blob was spotted, that cannot be denied in any way shape or form. If you want to argue about this clip, start by addressing that point.
14 Mar 2021, 20:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2021, 19:38 PMGiaA

I hadn't really noticed this clip before. But honestly, assuming replays are in sync enough to reliably represent the actual match (I have no idea if they are), then this single katy barrage is absolutely proof of a maphack. In the clip he clearly puts down the barrage order before seeing the infantry or at the very least in the same frame as a single Gren model appears, and there is nothing that can minimap spot in their arsenal.

The only question here is how accurate the replay is.
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS