Login

russian armor

OKW faust and mg coming too late?

Pip
17 Sep 2021, 15:10 PM

First video is a bug of the SPs targeting the passengers instead of the vehicle.
Second video is working exactly as intended.
Third video as Katitof said. I also don't stick close to Obersoldaten with an almost dead squad, why should I stick around PTRS squads with an almost dead vehicle? There's no point to make.

Hah, I didn't even think that the passenger bug was happening, that explains it.

But yeah, everything else was just terrible play on Operator09's part.
17 Sep 2021, 15:21 PM

First video is a bug of the SPs targeting the passengers instead of the vehicle.
Second video is working exactly as intended.
Third video as Katitof said. I also don't stick close to Obersoldaten with an almost dead squad, why should I stick around PTRS squads with an almost dead vehicle? There's no point to make.

Are you guys really missing the point of why I did the vid 3?

My point is you can play SOV easier with clown car with no regard/reckless compared to its counterpart AT infantry.

How is it not punishing for a clown car to just dive carelessly that's my point. As I have said I could move it away to my base but I did not, to show how you can easily play Clowncar+Penal or Flame with little risk high reward play.

Tell me a sturm or PF, RE Zooks, Ranger Zooks, Para Zooks AT build that hits 100% on a light tank every time? Whereas you with Penal PTRS that 100% hit and you can just right-click light armors with no skill involved. Not to mention it outranges most of the infantry.
Pip
17 Sep 2021, 15:36 PM

How is it not punishing for a clown car to just dive carelessly that's my point. As I have said I could move it away to my base but I did not, to show how you can easily play Clowncar+Penal or Flame with little risk high reward play.

All you proved is that you threw your FlakHT away for no reason. I'm not sure why you're trying to pretend you did it intentionally, to "prove" that a 20% HP light vehicle will die if it is hit with AT fire.

PF, RE, Rangers, or Paras wouldn't need to hit 100% of the time to have killed your flak HT there. A single hit from any of them would have killed your HT just as well. You do realise that from that range Zooks and Shrecks do have 100% chance to hit a flakHT, by the way?

The downside of Penal AT rifles is that they do much less damage and have much less penetration than Zooks or Shrecks, which is compensated for by the fact that they don't miss.

Is there skill involved in Zooks or Shrecks sometimes missing a target? That does seem to be what you're implying.
Pip
17 Sep 2021, 16:05 PM

Are fucking retard? that at that range AT infantry will hit that 100%? What is your playing hours in COH2?

It looks to be between 20-30~ range, dependent on how the game calculates distance from units precisely. At 35 a Bazooka has a 70%~ chance to hit, and at 17.5 range it has a 96% chance to hit, this is going from the fact that the FlakHT is size 20. It also doesn't account for the possibility of "missed" shots striking the vehicle anyway.

So sure, "100%" is an exaggeration, but you're looking at a very small chance that you'll miss with either rpg, and practically no chance you'll miss with both. Only an absolute moron would stand right in front of AT infantry with a low-health light vehicle even if they had a 10% chance to hit you, though.

If you were playing at a level where people knew what they were doing, your opponent would just have attack-grounded while you were both in the smoke though.

What is your rank?

I'm guessing higher than yours, since I don't go out of my way to suicide FlakHTs into AT infantry.

"The downside of Penal AT rifles is that they do much less damage and have much less penetration than Zooks or Shrecks, which is compensated for by the fact that they don't miss. "

Im done LOL.

You're "Done" because I stated something factual? Do you even know what the penetration and damage for the various handheld AT options are?
17 Sep 2021, 16:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Are you guys really missing the point of why I did the vid 3?

My point is you can play SOV easier with clown car with no regard/reckless compared to its counterpart AT infantry.

As Soviet, you can always dive your clown car. It's a safe throw away for the clowncar though, whereas it is not safe that you get a reward for it. Where's the issue? Especially

Tell me a sturm or PF, RE Zooks, Ranger Zooks, Para Zooks AT build that hits 100% on a light tank every time? Whereas you with Penal PTRS that 100% hit and you can just right-click light armors with no skill involved. Not to mention it outranges most of the infantry.

The video proves that you can get your flak HT out of the situation, how is it prooving anythhing different? You could have even gotten his clowncar if you snared it. Plus he risked and in this case also lost his upgraded Penal. If you trade your flak HT for both Soviet units, it is still not a bad trade. Down in fuel, up in MP and mun.

Regarding the second paragraph: most to all of these builds are backed up by ATGs, snares and MGs. They also can double volley you. PTRS Penals are strong vs LVs, no doubt, but you completely neglect all the down sides they have.
17 Sep 2021, 16:07 PM

What? If you had just driven the Flak HT away rather than deliberately getting it killed you would've proven the exact opposite, as the enemy would've lost their M3 in the dive and some Penals too just for some repairable health damage on the Flak HT (high risk low reward). This is like driving your Tiger II ass-first into a bunch of AT guns and then saying that its durability is bad.
17 Sep 2021, 16:10 PM

Everything else aside AT rifles in transporters are way to good especially with vehicles that bad vs vehicles like Luch or vehicles with slow turrets.

And the passenger causality system needs improvements.

Passengers should always be suppressed and the number of casualties/health damage should be normalized.
Pip
17 Sep 2021, 16:11 PM

Plus he risked and in this case also lost his upgraded Penal. If you trade your flak HT for both Soviet units, it is still not a bad trade.

Not that it matters, but it looks like the Penals actually got away on 1hp in that clip.
17 Sep 2021, 16:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2021, 16:11 PMPip

Not that it matters, but it looks like the Penals actually got away on 1hp in that clip.

Ah yes, you're right. I had to run the video in low res, I didn't see the squad symbol jumping.
17 Sep 2021, 16:59 PM

Im done LOL.

19 Sep 2021, 18:02 PM

AT Penals fall hard on their face mid and lategame. No idea why so much malding over said unit. Early game is pretty much only window they have, especially vs OKW that have high armor low scatter P4 + obers melt penals like butter.
19 Sep 2021, 20:30 PM

A steamy pile of BS

Put a low health M3 in range of shreck PGs or PFs, see what happens.

All the 3rd vid shown was that you could easily safe that halftruck, but you threw it away by your own choice.
20 Sep 2021, 10:19 AM

tbh, indeed faust could be helpfull earlier as okw but clown cars early game isnt that bad of a threat, 1st you have the time to cap a good portion of the map before the flamer + car is on and then when it happens, you just turtle until you get enough damage on the car. Dealing with scout cars as okw is hard but when you know how to deal with em it's kinda easy. And as some people said, passed the 10/15min mark, penals and clown cars are just useless and when you go for T1 as sov, backteching towards T2 is mostly the play. These are my 2cents but for 1's.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★