Login

russian armor

Upcoming Comander Update - Wishes

PAGES (15)down
25 Mar 2021, 17:50 PM

I was hoping Rifle Company could finally get some love after being nerfed into the dirt. Sucks that a company called "Rifle" Company is basically 4 shitty abilities and a E8.

snip

Maybe moving some of their scaling power to more base early game power? I know they are suppose to be a better scaling mainline compared to volks but I feel like a reason why they are more popular in team games is because you can rely on a teammate to get you through the brutal early game with Pfussies.

I know that, but that makes Panzerfusiliers a sidegrade of JLI with snares. Using Panzerfusiliers as your actual mainline means shooting yourself on the foot

Then it's easy, just a single match any mode, no volksgrenadiers

PFussies and JLI aren't even remotely similar.
25 Mar 2021, 18:00 PM

PFussies and JLI aren't even remotely similar.

Never said they have any similarity as a unit or per dps, but they overlap as supporting unit with different sets recon abilities and midlong range intended engagement distance

They have their differences like camo and strike bonus but Panzerfusilier is no mainline infantry unit.
25 Mar 2021, 18:13 PM

Never said they have any similarity as a unit or per dps, but they overlap as supporting unit with different sets recon abilities and midlong range intended engagement distance

They have their differences like camo and strike bonus but Panzerfusilier is no mainline infantry unit.

Ah okay my bad then.

I feel like their supposed role was always to be a ML replacer for volks. However they just suck so bad early that using them early exclusively is a death sentence.

However I wouldn't really say they are a supporting unit. They still replace a volks if you do go Pfussies IE 2 volks 2 Fussies or 3 volks 1 fussie, unlike JLI which supplement your mainlines (4 volks + 1 JLI).
25 Mar 2021, 18:39 PM

Ah okay my bad then.

No problem

I feel like their supposed role was always to be a ML replacer for volks.

Absolutely, and never once they were fit. They used to be pretty damn powerful sure, as a lategame infantry unit, more than they currently are (in late game), but they always overlapsed with Obers more than Volks

However they just suck so bad early that using them early exclusively is a death sentence.

Yes

However I wouldn't really say they are a supporting unit. They still replace a volks if you do go Pfussies IE 2 volks 2 Fussies or 3 volks 1 fussie, unlike JLI which supplement your mainlines (4 volks + 1 JLI).

If that's the intended design fair enough, but I have more than a few doubts about how it fits
It really feels like an old OKW unit which is too underwhelming at the start and ridicolously powerful into late game. Also any "alternative" mainline so far like Osttruppen and Penals as opposed to Grenadiers and Conscripts can fully replace each other while at the same time having clesr differences.
New Panzerfusiliers is a slightly weaker Volks that scales better and with a slightly cheaper munition upgrade that improve its dps at all ranges to create a mid-longish range unit. It's almost hilarious how similar conceptually the two units are yet you are forced into using both and (bar the flare/grenade and some vet bonuses) you use them in the same exact way.
The MP40 upgrade is a better "alternative" mainline to volks than Panzerfusiliers is.
Actually, ironically enough, while I didn't like that, pre rework Panzerfusiliers was a far more interesting 6 men G43 alternative to 4 men mg Obersoldaten than it is now to 5 man stg Volks, and had more distinctive trade offs in terms of abilities as well.
For a change, since we are talking about a 6 men german unit, it could be buffed, changed in cost and have the upgrades removed completely, so that unlikes most german units concentrating their dps around 1/2/3 models it would have its dps spread evenly across all models? That's just an idea, anything is better than initially shittier 5 to 6 men volks
26 Mar 2021, 11:21 AM

Pls replace the StuG E (one of the most useless units atm) from the Ostherr Def Doc with "For the Vatherland" from OKW
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
Germany 36

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak