Login

russian armor

Upcoming Comander Update - Wishes

PAGES (15)down
24 Mar 2021, 16:28 PM

Put calvary rifleman/smg upgrade in Rifleman doctrine.
24 Mar 2021, 17:46 PM

Rework Panzerfusiliers, they don't have much to offer besides early snares. There's very little reason to go for Fusiliers over Volks even with their better scaling (team games are a different matter).
24 Mar 2021, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2021, 17:46 PMSpoof
Rework Panzerfusiliers, they don't have much to offer besides early snares. There's very little reason to go for Fusiliers over Volks even with their better scaling (team games are a different matter).

They were reworked into what they are at the moment.
There is no need to change them any further, they have very clear advantages and disadvantages as well as excellent scaling.

Don't spam them alone, because that wasn't meant to be.
24 Mar 2021, 17:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2021, 17:46 PMSpoof

lolwut? Fusis are way better lategame than Volks. I personally only play Fusiliers vs Soviets, with excellent results.
24 Mar 2021, 18:09 PM

lolwut? Fusis are way better lategame than Volks. I personally only play Fusiliers vs Soviets, with excellent results.

That's just asking to get overrun by Cons. Sander or someone else suggested buffing their stock K98 DPS slightly while nerfing the G43 a little bit so the endgame result is the same but the squad isn't as garbage out of the gate.
24 Mar 2021, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2021, 18:09 PMSpoof

That's just asking to get overrun by Cons. Sander or someone else suggested buffing their stock K98 DPS slightly while nerfing the G43 a little bit so the endgame result is the same but the squad isn't as garbage out of the gate.

Them being garbage out of the gate is their whole point.
Otherwise we'd have osttruppen 2, OKW bugaloo with them becoming meta and getting nerfed next patch into irrelevance.

Why you would NOT want them exclusively if they performed better?
And they are in 2 doctrines with heavy vehicles to boot.
24 Mar 2021, 18:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2021, 18:09 PMSpoof

That's just asking to get overrun by Cons.

I'm doing just fine with it, thank you very much (see below). Flak HT arrives 5mins in and I get the powerspike I need to grab most of the map.
24 Mar 2021, 18:43 PM

1. Technically an old request (QoL): Fix rocket arty/fixed guns CD. If you cancel it (say the target left the area) whilst aiming but before the first shot, it still goes on cooldown atm.

24 Mar 2021, 19:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2021, 18:19 PMKatitof

Them being garbage out of the gate is their whole point.
Otherwise we'd have osttruppen 2, OKW bugaloo with them becoming meta and getting nerfed next patch into irrelevance.

Why you would NOT want them exclusively if they performed better?
And they are in 2 doctrines with heavy vehicles to boot.

Ok, fair points here.
25 Mar 2021, 10:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2021, 17:57 PMKatitof

They were reworked into what they are at the moment.
There is no need to change them any further, they have very clear advantages and disadvantages as well as excellent scaling.

And they don't work for several reasons

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2021, 17:57 PMKatitof

Don't spam them alone, because that wasn't meant to be.

It's exactly what it was meant to be, the changelog says they are supposed to be a mainline altermative to Volks
25 Mar 2021, 10:50 AM

And they don't work for several reasons

You literally have a player with OKW rank that we both can only dream of saying the contrary just a couple of posts above. I'll take the opinion of something working or not from someone who plays incomparably better then me than one of a random complainer.

It's exactly what it was meant to be, the changelog says they are supposed to be a mainline altermative to Volks

And they -are- mainline alternative to them.
Just not without disadvantages or complete self reliance in very early game.
25 Mar 2021, 11:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2021, 10:50 AMKatitof

You literally have a player with OKW rank that we both can only dream of saying the contrary just a couple of posts above. I'll take the opinion of something working or not from someone who plays incomparably better then me than one of a random complainer.

We also had tournaments and comperitive play showing no sign whatsoever of Paznerfusiliers even with Grand Offensive being a meta commander. It's also ultimately a contrived design choice since I don't recall any unit ever performing WORSE than the initial cost warrants as trade off for a better caling than it should have except maybe Obersoldaten with passive suppression ability. It also happens to be in the only faction featuring a stock Tier 4 AI specialized infantry unit who just happened to have a massive well deserved timing buff, so there's an overabundance of arguments against it

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2021, 10:50 AMKatitof

And they -are- mainline alternative to them.
Just not without disadvantages or complete self reliance in very early game.

Nobody of the several people across the 3 differen OKW commander rework threads who mentioned how Panzerfussies are extremely underwhelming ever said anything like this. You made a wrong statement and backpedaled into an equally wrong strawman
25 Mar 2021, 12:17 PM

We also had tournaments and comperitive play showing no sign whatsoever of Paznerfusiliers even with Grand Offensive being a meta commander. It's also ultimately a contrived design choice since I don't recall any unit ever performing WORSE than the initial cost warrants as trade off for a better caling than it should have except maybe Obersoldaten with passive suppression ability. It also happens to be in the only faction featuring a stock Tier 4 AI specialized infantry unit who just happened to have a massive well deserved timing buff, so there's an overabundance of arguments against it

What if I told you that unit does not need to be top 1v1 tournament meta to be good and balanced?
I mean, how many overpowered hotizers have you seen in 1v1?
How many ISU or JTs?
How many AGs?
List goes on.

In 2v2 PFs are very common sight.

Nobody of the several people across the 3 differen OKW commander rework threads who mentioned how Panzerfussies are extremely underwhelming ever said anything like this. You made a wrong statement and backpedaled into an equally wrong strawman

No, its the mod team who did.
You know, when they made them 0CP unit.

You are trying to fix what is clearly not broken.
But sure, lets buff them, have them become meta and then nerf them into irrelevance for another year afterwards to complete the cycle.
25 Mar 2021, 12:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2021, 12:17 PMKatitof

What if I told you that unit does not need to be top 1v1 tournament meta to be good and balanced?
I mean, how many overpowered hotizers have you seen in 1v1?
How many ISU or JTs?
How many AGs?
List goes on.

In 2v2 PFs are very common sight.

Pure whataboutism. Heavy TD aren't seen because 1vs1 has large maps for a sitting duck 1 dingle player need to babysit and build a support artmy around, all for an AT """"mostly"""" only unit. It's for the same reason that Heavies aren't common either (to a lessr degree). Howitzers are naturally favoured across larger maps for teamgames
Can you provide 2vs2 tournament replays/caster videos featuring effective use of G43 panzerfusiliers as mainline infantry?

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2021, 12:17 PMKatitof

No, its the mod team who did.
You know, when they made them 0CP unit.

You are trying to fix what is clearly not broken.
But sure, lets buff them, have them become meta and then nerf them into irrelevance for another year afterwards to complete the cycle.

The mod team STATED that they are an alternative to volksgrenadier, and they utterly fail to be that alternative
25 Mar 2021, 12:43 PM

The mod team STATED that they are an alternative to volksgrenadier, and they utterly fail to be that alternative

Perhaps you should ask Stormjeager on advise on how to use them, it seems like a-moving blob isn't working out for you in this instance.
25 Mar 2021, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2021, 12:43 PMKatitof

Perhaps you should ask Stormjeager on advise on how to use them, it seems like a-moving blob isn't working out for you in this instance.

Sure, in the meantime (since I'm phoneposting from work) can you provide a single 2vs2 tournament showing OKW with effective use of G43 panzerfusiliers starting from a paznerfusilier opening?
25 Mar 2021, 12:51 PM

Sure, in the meantime (since I'm phoneposting from work) can you provide a single 2vs2 tournament showing OKW with effective use of G43 panzerfusiliers starting from a paznerfusilier opening?

You can just google some casts from the time they were made 0cp. You'll find plenty of top players using them with the command tiger doctrine.
And now they are cheaper then during that time.

You know how people don't spam penals anymore despite them not getting any nerfs in recent times after they clearly were meta until they were not?
Exact same issue here.

And tournament do NOT use what is balanced, they use what is strongest at the time.
In case you haven't noticed, units used frequently in tournaments are usually overpowered. Osttruppen anyone?
25 Mar 2021, 13:04 PM

They may not be used much in 1v1, but Panzerfusiliers are used as an alternative to (some) Volksgrenadiers abundantly in 2v2 and up. Way more than before. The goal was definitely achieved. Not every unit or ability can be good in every mode. Regardless, I'd like to experiment with their stock DPS a bit to see if they can become a bit more a viable choice in 1v1 too.
25 Mar 2021, 13:11 PM

They may not be used much in 1v1, but Panzerfusiliers are used as an alternative to (some) Volksgrenadiers abundantly in 2v2 and up. Way more than before. The goal was definitely achieved. Not every unit or ability can be good in every mode. Regardless, I'd like to experiment with their stock DPS a bit to see if they can become a bit more a viable choice in 1v1 too.

Compared to the cheaper Penals (290 vs 295/80)the unit is not UP while arrive later, the desind of both unit is not that good.
25 Mar 2021, 15:38 PM

They may not be used much in 1v1, but Panzerfusiliers are used as an alternative to (some) Volksgrenadiers

I know that, but that makes Panzerfusiliers a sidegrade of JLI with snares. Using Panzerfusiliers as your actual mainline means shooting yourself on the foot

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2021, 12:51 PMKatitof

Then it's easy, just a single match any mode, no volksgrenadiers
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment