Login

russian armor

Ranger 3rd weapon slot drop rate

21 Feb 2021, 01:44 AM

I have trouble finding where to edit ranger 3rd weapon slot increased drop rate, do anyone have any idea? Thanks
21 Feb 2021, 13:12 PM
Modmaker Badge

Hi!

I'm not sure what you mean by "3rd weapon slot increased drop rate". To my understanding, all slot weapons have a set drop rate, which can (but doesn't have to) occur when there aren't enough "free" models in squad to hold an item.

For example:
Bazookas, have 0,33 drop rate. If you have a Ranger squad, with only 1 Bazooka equipped, they will only drop a Bazooka only if the last squad member carrying it dies. However, it's not guaranteed to drop - it has 33% to chance happening.

If you have a Ranger squad with 2 Bazookas, a Bazooka can drop if there are 2 squad members left, as both of them are already holding a slot item, so there are no "free" squad members. Again, the chance of them dropping it is 33%. Same if there's only 1 squad member left.

Similar thing happens when Rangers have 3 Bazookas equipped (or any slot item for that matter, like BARs). It's not that Bazooka's that Rangers use have increased drop rate, but rather the fact that Rangers have more slot items equipped on them that causes it.

If you'd like Rangers to have lower chance of dropping an item, you'd have to manually clone slot items to create a Ranger variant that would have different drop_rate from what there is normally. That's how it's done with Guards - "ptrs_41_anti_tank_rifle_guard_troop_mp" slot_item not only uses better weapon profile, but also has lower drop rate compared to penal version (0,1 vs 0,33). This is there so they don't become a "weapon piñata" when they use double PTRS and double DP-28.
21 Feb 2021, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2021, 13:12 PMOlekman
Hi!

I'm not sure what you mean by "3rd weapon slot increased drop rate". To my understanding, all slot weapons have a set drop rate, which can (but doesn't have to) occur when there aren't enough "free" models in squad to hold an item.

For example:
Bazookas, have 0,33 drop rate. If you have a Ranger squad, with only 1 Bazooka equipped, they will only drop a Bazooka only if the last squad member carrying it dies. However, it's not guaranteed to drop - it has 33% to chance happening.

If you have a Ranger squad with 2 Bazookas, a Bazooka can drop if there are 2 squad members left, as both of them are already holding a slot item, so there are no "free" squad members. Again, the chance of them dropping it is 33%. Same if there's only 1 squad member left.

Similar thing happens when Rangers have 3 Bazookas equipped (or any slot item for that matter, like BARs). It's not that Bazooka's that Rangers use have increased drop rate, but rather the fact that Rangers have more slot items equipped on them that causes it.

If you'd like Rangers to have lower chance of dropping an item, you'd have to manually clone slot items to create a Ranger variant that would have different drop_rate from what there is normally. That's how it's done with Guards - "ptrs_41_anti_tank_rifle_guard_troop_mp" slot_item not only uses better weapon profile, but also has lower drop rate compared to penal version (0,1 vs 0,33). This is there so they don't become a "weapon piñata" when they use double PTRS and double DP-28.

I remembered that Ranger have a higher drop rate when they have the 3rd weapon as a penalty IIRC so normally they have a 33% drop chance to 40% or something, this is floating around for a long time but now I wanted to check it
21 Feb 2021, 17:27 PM
Modmaker Badge

I remembered that Ranger have a higher drop rate when they have the 3rd weapon as a penalty IIRC so normally they have a 33% drop chance to 40% or something, this is floating around for a long time but now I wanted to check it

I don't see any special rulings for that in either Ranger squad, Ranger entities or weapons they pick up, so I assume what I said previously is true. Their drop chance is the same as for other squads, but since they can have more slot items than regular squads, they just get more chances to drop items due to how the system is set up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★