Login

russian armor

Will the Jager Command Squads 5*80 also be changed

14 Feb 2021, 11:47 AM

So, this patch the 5 man grens and in previous patches ago 5 man sections weapon were changed to not be able to 1 volley models. The JCS still does this. Shouldn't they also be changed for the sake of uniformity????
14 Feb 2021, 11:52 AM

Its not exactly spammable and cheap.
14 Feb 2021, 12:37 PM

I think it's more or less OK due to being a one off squad. But worst case it could have a weapon change on one off elite officer type unit instead of an upgrade for core infantry. Think of it more like how paras can get 2 m1919s even though rifles can only carry 1. Not a perfect example but elite units sort of push the boundaries.
15 Feb 2021, 09:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2021, 11:52 AMKatitof
Its not exactly spammable and cheap.
But why not for uniformities sake.
15 Feb 2021, 09:50 AM

But why not for uniformities sake.

Because its not spammable mainline infantry that causes problems with model sniping in multiple engagements at the same time across the map.
15 Feb 2021, 10:07 AM

The JCS uses 2x grenadier k98s and 3x grenadier g43s, trying to rebalance those would cause issues for the base grenadier squads, or the other option would be to make yet an another variant of those guns using different stats. We already have like 5 different G43s alone (gren, pg/storm, fusilier, jli, sniper).

And yes, the JCS is a one off elite squad, I'm totally fine with them being stronger.
Pip
15 Feb 2021, 16:43 PM

The JCS uses 2x grenadier k98s and 3x grenadier g43s, trying to rebalance those would cause issues for the base grenadier squads, or the other option would be to make yet an another variant of those guns using different stats. We already have like 5 different G43s alone (gren, pg/storm, fusilier, jli, sniper).

And yes, the JCS is a one off elite squad, I'm totally fine with them being stronger.

There are already four or five different K98s in the game as well (Grenadier, Volksgrenadier, Panzerfusilier, Obersoldaten, and likely others)

I agree that this issue with G43s are even more pronounced , as at least all the K98s act as the same sort of gun, just with different accuracy and damage, whereas there are three different TYPES of weapon using the G43 model (A genuine sniper variant, the "light infantry" sniper variant, and what amounts to a faster-firing K98 with better moving accuracy), which all act completely differently to one another.

I do wish they at least gave the OST sniper a scoped K98, and the PGs/Storms/Jager Command non-scoped G43s (And leave JLI with scoped G43s) to communicate the fact that these two (three) units absolutely do not share similar weapons in the slightest. I don't know if unscoped G43s, or a scoped K98 exist in the files, however.

Light Infantry having scoped self-loaders is at least consistent.

The Boys ant-tank rifle has a similar issue, incidentally, either being a "sniper rifle" in the hands of the Sniper, or literally just an AT rifle in the hands of IS, with 0 distinction being made visually or thematically, the Sniper's rifle isnt even scoped.

All I'm saying is that guns with "variants" other than the scoped self-loaders at least share the same functionality between all variants, rather than them being completely different weapon types based on who holds them.
16 Feb 2021, 08:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2021, 16:43 PMPip
I do wish they at least gave the OST sniper a scoped K98, and the PGs/Storms/Jager Command non-scoped G43s (And leave JLI with scoped G43s) to communicate the fact that these two (three) units absolutely do not share similar weapons in the slightest. I don't know if unscoped G43s, or a scoped K98 exist in the files, however.

They don't, and in fact, the Kar98 and G43 are reused from CoH1. The G43 has a scope because it was the weapon of the Wehrmacht Sniper, which was later reused as an upgrade for PE Panzer Grenadiers. That concept was similarly used for Ostheer Sniper and the optional Grenadier and Panzergrenadier JLI upgrade, but the scope was never removed because it was presumably not worth the time to delete.
16 Feb 2021, 10:14 AM
Modmaker Badge

They don't, and in fact, the Kar98 and G43 are reused from CoH1. The G43 has a scope because it was the weapon of the Wehrmacht Sniper, which was later reused as an upgrade for PE Panzer Grenadiers. That concept was similarly used for Ostheer Sniper and the optional Grenadier and Panzergrenadier JLI upgrade, but the scope was never removed because it was presumably not worth the time to delete.

Funny enough, CoH1 modders figured out a way of making the scope on G43 invisible and even adding it to Kar98 via mesh mixing. Sadly that's not possible in CoH2, but the point is that it's not that hard to do from developer's perspective.
16 Feb 2021, 19:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2021, 10:14 AMOlekman
Funny enough, CoH1 modders figured out a way of making the scope on G43 invisible and even adding it to Kar98 via mesh mixing. Sadly that's not possible in CoH2, but the point is that it's not that hard to do from developer's perspective.

While I don't know about adding scopes, you can make the scope invisible by just texturing it transparent. It might leave a small gap in the top of the rifle where the scope was, though. Depends on whether or not the bit under the scope is textured.
25 Feb 2021, 23:43 PM

I think grens should have the sniper g43, then they can stay in the back, while panzer grens tank.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★