4 Feb 2021, 18:59 PM

How do you guys play 4v4, today?
4 Feb 2021, 19:05 PM
4 Feb 2021, 19:28 PM

I launch the game

I go to the MP lobby, check 4vs4 below the radar and uncheck the other 3 modes

I place the vetoes

Then I click the find match button and go to desktop and net

I keep glancing at the bottom tab where CoH2 icon will be. When I see a green light flowing over the icon constantly, I know its still searchin. Once the green light goes static, I know Im on loadin screen and reopen the CoH2 window

I wait till it loads up

Optional steps:

I check my friends list and ask someone if they wanna play too.

Open Celo, click on Find log, select warnings.log then click on check log once the match starts loadin

I hope this helped

4 Feb 2021, 19:37 PM

WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO:
1. Go into the lobby, search for automatch game.
2. Start another game and play that for 5-15 minutes.
3. Watch someone crash on load, go to step 1.
4. See horrible team matchup, go to step 1.
5. See person on your team do the dumbest stuff ever, go to step 1.
6. See premade team arty you to death while no on on your team even speaks english so you cant counter it, go to step 1.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
3. As the match loads press Alt-F4, then go to step 1.

Method 2 will have a better win ratio than method 1. And you will get to fully enjoy what ever other game you are playing. Because many players dont want to play against AI so the enemy will drop as often as your team does. Because all of the players are basically retarded and cant comprehend how averaging works.
4 Feb 2021, 19:39 PM

I normally:

Search for 4v4.

Find match.

Check to see if they are premade.

/l if they are.

Rinse and repeat until it has the potential to be a fun game of comparable skills.
4 Feb 2021, 19:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2021, 19:39 PMGrim
I normally:

Search for 4v4.

Find match.

Check to see if they are premade.

/l if they are.

Rinse and repeat until it has the potential to be a fun game of comparable skills.

^ This method also works pretty good but you will need to do this for about 4-5 games before getting something playable.
4 Feb 2021, 19:49 PM

6. See premade team arty you to death while no on on your team even speaks english so you cant counter it, go to step 1.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:

Method 2 will have a better win ratio than method 1. And you will get to fully enjoy what ever other game you are playing. Because many players dont want to play against AI so the enemy will drop as often as your team does. Because all of the players are basically retarded and cant comprehend how averaging works.

First, I thought you were joking but, wow, looks serious!
4 Feb 2021, 21:02 PM

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:

++++++

I will say that I have seen top 100 players defeated by four digit rank players but usually it's the reverse.

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2021, 18:59 PMLeodot
How do you guys play 4v4, today?

Play with arranged teammates or expect a horrible horrible experience overall, OP. You'll have all skill ranges from new player with <10 hours to the most hardcore, ultra-meta user with 10000 hours out to BS you to death.

Oh and make sure to veto General Axis when playing Allies and Hill 400 SPGs when playing Axis.
4 Feb 2021, 22:23 PM

I play it by avoiding at all costs. Randoms is cancer pain, arranged teams is slightly less painful - I'd say traumatic-amputation-through-burning pain
4 Feb 2021, 22:39 PM

With a pre-made or a meme build.
4 Feb 2021, 23:33 PM

Don't play 4v4 if you value your psychic condition.
4 Feb 2021, 23:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2021, 19:49 PMLeodot
First, I thought you were joking but, wow, looks serious!

Yes, and the side benefit is that you will play more games faster. Which then puts you into the GAME SPAMMER mode where your rank ELO is better because you have more games. So you will rank up even more.

So why cry thru a 25 minute game of getting rekt when you can alt-f4 and be back in another game 5 minutes later. You can get 3-4 games in per normal game.

Seriously though, 4v4 is the funnest mode at times. However getting a good game requires about 7-10 games be played. So be ready to waste 2 hours on garbage games to get that one good game.

2v2 is the next closest mode right now. Since there are only 2 players you get better games and faster. And you avoid a lot of the artillery RNG crapfests.

For me personally I hated some of the 2v2 maps. With the last map patch I have been trying 2v2 more and it is a much better experience overall. But not as exciting as a good 4v4.

So play some 4v4 until you are good enough for 2v2. And only play 4v4 with SOV or OST commanders that can erase/counter artillery. Or you will have a bad time.
4 Feb 2021, 23:55 PM

As an Ally of course and with a premade with 3 other people. a 95% win rate assured (5% is from disconnections or other better premade).
4 Feb 2021, 23:57 PM

3v3 has the best map pool. Fight me!
4 Feb 2021, 23:59 PM

I wish 4v4 had designated roles. 1st player is the mainline infantry guy, 2nd player is the team weapon guy, 3rd player is the vehicle and armor guy, 4th player is the artillery and support guy. Give everyone 50 popcap and lock them into only building units in their role. Suddenly you have an interesting gamemode that might be worth playing with interesting teamwork dynamics.

Current state of 3v3 and 4v4 I wouldn't touch with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole.
5 Feb 2021, 00:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2021, 23:59 PMJPA32
I wish 4v4 had designated roles. 1st player is the mainline infantry guy, 2nd player is the team weapon guy, 3rd player is the vehicle and armor guy, 4th player is the artillery and support guy. Give everyone 50 popcap and lock them into only building units in their role. Suddenly you have an interesting gamemode that might be worth playing with interesting teamwork dynamics.

Current state of 3v3 and 4v4 I wouldn't touch with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole.

Are you high on drugs or sth? So the first guy wins the lane while the 3rd guy is sitting idly? 4v4 is fine. If you are into spamfests and memes. It's fine. Played 3 4v4 games in my lifetime (not counting vs AI I played at start), all 3 were horrible.

I mean, just look at Skippy's videos. Enough said.
5 Feb 2021, 00:47 AM

Are you high on drugs or sth? So the first guy wins the lane while the 3rd guy is sitting idly? 4v4 is fine. If you are into spamfests and memes. It's fine. Played 3 4v4 games in my lifetime (not counting vs AI I played at start), all 3 were horrible.

I mean, just look at Skippy's videos. Enough said.

First guy makes the pushes and takes the infantry engagements to start the game
Second guy moves his Machine Guns and At Guns around to provide support for the main line/vehicle guy and protect the flanks.
Third guy builds Ultra Lights and Lights to stretch the map early on, cap points (if applicable), carry infantry, and eventually becomes the star in the late game when armor becomes the defacto decider of who wins.
Fourth guy builds Mines, Sandbags, Wire, calls down artillery (can give him the mortar team too), builds emplacements and repairs vehicles.

Everyone has an important role to the team and everyone can work with everyone else to provide dynamic teamwork

(Mainline guy needs MG's to stop blobs, Vehicle guy to inflict bleed and flank, and support guy to provide cover and indirect)

(Team Weapon guy needs Mainline guy to provide a frontline, vehicle guy to clean up AT damage, and support guy to deal with opposing indirect which is his weakness.)

(Vehicle guy needs mainline guy to stop infantry from running down and snaring his vehicles, team weapon guy to both suppress infantry and provide alpha damage to other vehicles, and the engineer to repair his vehicles)

(While Engineer guy needs mainline guy to provide an infantry buffer, team weapon guy to prevent rushdowns, and vehicle guy for scouting to provide vision so he can properly support.)

All seems reasonable to me. Throw in some unique role related doctrines that provide you with a choice of resources based on which doctrine you pick and I think it'd be pretty fun.
5 Feb 2021, 00:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2021, 00:47 AMJPA32

If your talking about a aranged team then yes you could. In reality, with randos I find myself most the time trying to cover all ground (repairs, mainline, support and artillery).

In regards to fighting arrange teams, it always best to leave. I made a mistake recently with a arranged team with one guy spamming lefhs (in total he built 9, this is only one guy) and pak 43s. I destroyed 6 lefhs and a pak 43 but it was hopeless with my group of randos. Never again.
5 Feb 2021, 00:56 AM

If your talking about a aranged team then yes you could. In reality, with randos I find myself most the time trying to cover all ground (repairs, mainline, support and artillery).

In regards to fighting arrange teams, it always best to leave. I made a mistake recently with a arranged team with one guy spamming lefhs (in total he built 9, this is only one guy) and pak 43s. I destroyed 6 lefhs and a pak 43 but it was hopeless with my group of randos. Never again.

Oh no no, I meant as in that's how the game was functionally designed. Not a self limited measure. lol That'd be a mess.
15 Feb 2021, 21:03 PM

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:

The AXIS bot will spam tanks when they quit, and they can usually get a win. That does not work for the Allies, as the Allies bot will spam soldiers... so, Tanks vs Soldiers, theres your averaging right there...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
Korea, Republic Of 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment