Login

russian armor

Zis-3 as an AT gun

PAGES (8)down
14 Feb 2021, 17:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2021, 17:17 PMVipper

There is simply no connection between barrages and grenades, it simply faction design.

Yes.
A faction design of asymmetrical balance.

You don't have stock grenades, but to compensate, you have ZiS barrage.

In case you've missed it, that's how whole coh franchise works.
14 Feb 2021, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2021, 17:12 PMVipper

You are simply wrong Guard's grenade is at least as good as Riflemen and Tommie grenade if not better.

I heard that it was buffed some patches ago so I need to check for myself. But I recall it used to be the worst grenade of the bunch. I may be incorrect on this if that's the case.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2021, 16:32 PMPip

The RGD-42 is one of the stronger grenades though, isnt it? It has 50% "far" damage as opposed to, say, the MK2, Steilhandgranate or Mills's 25%, with the same AOE and a shorter fuse. It doesn't throw so far though.

EDIT: Actually is it the RGD-33 they throw? If so it's the same as any of those other grenades, just with a shorter throw distance.

The RGD-42 is the Shock Troop Grenade. That grenade is good. I'm currently looking up the RGD-33.

---

I can confirm that the Guard Grenade and the other Allied grenades are nearly mirror copies of each other. My information was definitely outdated. Rest of my post still stands though.
Pip
14 Feb 2021, 19:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2021, 17:15 PMKatitof

Which makes it bad for how much muni it costs....

The same munitions as Fusiliers and Riflemen, you mean? Both Fusiliers and Riflemen get extra range at vet, of course, but the three units are very different in their roles, which makes direct comparison of their grenades in a vacuum a little silly.

Either way, it's hardly fair to call the RGD-33 "barely worth using", which was the original statement.
15 Feb 2021, 23:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2021, 15:35 PMHarry
Don't give me wrong; I do know that Zis-3 is a good towed gun in the game. But its AT performance is quite shabby. Compare to the other 320 MP counterparts, according to data from the modding tool, it has the lowest reload rate, lowest pen, lowest horizontal and vertical tracing speed (also highest wind-up and down, but I don't quite understand how it works. ) It does have six members crew, but it has to compensate with the fact that the soviet do not have any non- doc forward healing(not reinforce) option.

So, since Zis barrage is receiving a nerf next patch. It would be nice to see some alters to its AT performance.

Yes, you are 100% correct here. At this point, why not just create a new AXIS general named "Counter Allies", and you just have one big button, that says "counter allies" and you just click it the whole game.
15 Feb 2021, 23:04 PM

"But its AT performance is quite shabby."

Ready aim time aside (no clue why that stupid stat still fucks over the zis-3), the zis-3 is very similar in performance to the pak40 in stats at vet 0 and vet 3.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS