Login

russian armor

So is 5 man grens completely useless now

PAGES (7)down
28 Jan 2021, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2021, 11:35 AMKatitof

Or, now listen to me carefully, it was a fucking MESS to balance 871 infantry armor types against 500 different damage types while every single infantry unit had a completely different amount of health on top of that.

CoH1 was balance mess and a nightmare.
This is why CoH1 is horribly imbalanced up until this day and was never anywhere near being balanced.
Sure, it was in better state then CoH2 during its first 2 years, but after that it and its messy balance were left so far behind, some people struggle to remember how much of a nightmare it was.

There was no RTS game in existence prior or post CoH1 which had as many different types of damage and armor and it was impossible to wrap your head around getting to know what does what.

You know a Hybrid system between that and one from from coh2 could also work. The base system would be the one from coh2 with target table of weights to each of the fields like pen, dmg, acc what not. If the target in question has an entry in that list then it's values to be modified with weights and if not coh2 style as usual(as I am saying this I have no idea of how coh2 is coded so..).
28 Jan 2021, 16:01 PM

I just use 5 man nowadays for free healing and the others with lmg. If you want a somewhat decent ostheer infantry go with pg with their ai upgrades.
28 Jan 2021, 16:31 PM

5-men grens were bad design chose to begin with. And speaking of their perfomance, they were indeed very cancerous especially in team games, because of how easy they was to just A-move and blob.

At least Allies A-moving inf arent awaible as early.

But my point is, whole idea of 5 men grens are bad, I would have rather see 5-men pios and VLS giving something else but not the 5th model.

And honestly, if as Ostheer, you want AI on your inf, then you better stick with PGs G43. They are borderline OP in terms of AI power + there are few really nice commanders with G43 in them.
28 Jan 2021, 16:40 PM

Is this some kind of bad joke????
28 Jan 2021, 18:51 PM

5-men grens were bad design chose to begin with. And speaking of their perfomance, they were indeed very cancerous especially in team games, because of how easy they was to just A-move and blob.

But my point is, whole idea of 5 men grens are bad, I would have rather see 5-men pios and VLS giving something else but not the 5th model.

And honestly, if as Ostheer, you want AI on your inf, then you better stick with PGs G43. They are borderline OP in terms of AI power + there are few really nice commanders with G43 in them.

lol, if you want to nitpick that actually you get faster upgrades on your allies. But of course you don't understand this as I think you never play OST. Allies butthurt here too much that they can't instant wipe with single grenade anymore grenadiers. My opinions still is for 60 ammo, the upgrade should give 5 man with G43 and free medikit. Remove all the other bonuses, that is already very balanced. It's not like this is core tech like allies can always get in any commander, this is in one single commander.
28 Jan 2021, 20:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2021, 18:51 PMThamor

lol, if you want to nitpick that actually you get faster upgrades on your allies. But of course you don't understand this as I think you never play OST. Allies butthurt here too much that they can't instant wipe with single grenade anymore grenadiers. My opinions still is for 60 ammo, the upgrade should give 5 man with G43 and free medikit. Remove all the other bonuses, that is already very balanced. It's not like this is core tech like allies can always get in any commander, this is in one single commander.

Faster upgrades on allies. Mkay. So rifles are always able to get double bar\lmg by the time you can get VSL. UKF can get double bren+bolster faster then you can get VSL as ost. This is what you are saying right? Because in case of an LMG upgrade, which puts you somewhat on the even ground vs tommy\rifles, VSL skyrockets grens combat perfomance over the vannila rifles\tommy perfomance. Soviets dont even have upgrades, aside from SVT in 1 commander and PPSH which become usefull only on vet 3 cons.

Instead of your babyranging and pointing fingers of fanboyism I suggest you to play the game outside 4v4 Axis.

And on a side note, you dont even understand how VSL works, if you suggest to remove all bonuses but keep everything else as it is.
Bonuses it provides, are the excact reason why VSL damage out-put is getting nerfed. Because guess what, if G43 in your world is so strong by itself (and the 5th model is a standant grenadier model), why G43 on grens is utter trash of an upgrade.
28 Jan 2021, 21:47 PM

Faster upgrades on allies. Mkay. So rifles are always able to get double bar\lmg by the time you can get VSL. UKF can get double bren+bolster faster then you can get VSL as ost. This is what you are saying right? Because in case of an LMG upgrade, which puts you somewhat on the even ground vs tommy\rifles, VSL skyrockets grens combat perfomance over the vannila rifles\tommy perfomance. Soviets dont even have upgrades, aside from SVT in 1 commander and PPSH which become usefull only on vet 3 cons.

Instead of your babyranging and pointing fingers of fanboyism I suggest you to play the game outside 4v4 Axis.

And on a side note, you dont even understand how VSL works, if you suggest to remove all bonuses but keep everything else as it is.
Bonuses it provides, are the excact reason why VSL damage out-put is getting nerfed. Because guess what, if G43 in your world is so strong by itself (and the 5th model is a standant grenadier model), why G43 on grens is utter trash of an upgrade.

Wow touched a nerve there. And if you think only double weapon upgrade on allied infantry (UKF,US) is enough to compete, think you should play more 1v1 or 2v2 and not blob in 4v4 yourself. 1x Bren, Bar or US lmg already competes and does better damage vs VSL if the RA is removed.

What I am against is giving to long-range infantry STG model for 60 munitions. I have read the patch notes and only thing agree there is the received accuracy bonus needed nerfing. I think you are not understanding what I am saying and what is even talked here.
28 Jan 2021, 23:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2021, 21:47 PMThamor

Wow touched a nerve there.

Only by your fanboy rage maybe, considering you instantly jump into personal assaults.

And if you think only double weapon upgrade on allied infantry (UKF,US) is enough to compete, think you should play more 1v1 or 2v2 and not blob in 4v4 yourself. 1x Bren, Bar or US lmg already competes and does better damage vs VSL if the RA is removed.

And what? My point was and still is, that right now VSL makes Grenadiers A-moving inf strate of the bat. Both USF\UKF need to invest into double weapons and possible side upgrades to become A-moving inf.
If Rifles with 1 bar, let alone IS with 1 bren are capable of fighing your VSL grens, then you really should play outside of 4 digit rank.

What I am against is giving to long-range infantry STG model for 60 munitions. I have read the patch notes and only thing agree there is the received accuracy bonus needed nerfing. I think you are not understanding what I am saying and what is even talked here.

What you are saying is nothing more then being over-defensive about ability, accusing ppl of fanboyism based on something you didnt like.

At very least VSL still improves firing rate of Kars, it still gives you free med-kits, it still gives you surviability and easier access to weapon capping. Damage is lower, staying power and unitility is still big. But ofcouse ppl who spam 4-5 grens into VSL and then suddenly feel like they are super pros, will cry about damage nerf.

If you want more damage, go with G43 PGs and LMG grens.
29 Jan 2021, 01:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2021, 11:35 AMKatitof

Or, now listen to me carefully, it was a fucking MESS to balance 871 infantry armor types against 500 different damage types while every single infantry unit had a completely different amount of health on top of that.

CoH1 was balance mess and a nightmare.
This is why CoH1 is horribly imbalanced up until this day and was never anywhere near being balanced.
Sure, it was in better state then CoH2 during its first 2 years, but after that it and its messy balance were left so far behind, some people struggle to remember how much of a nightmare it was.

There was no RTS game in existence prior or post CoH1 which had as many different types of damage and armor and it was impossible to wrap your head around getting to know what does what.

Disagree, coh1 was fun and 'balanced' enough to play 2v2.

More stats variables to tweak the better. Relic just got lazy with coh2, or simply lack of manpower. Not just stats are dropped but the engine itself is at most a side grade when you consider physics and audio and ai and path findings.

No need to make excuses for them

Why does one need for a game to strive for 'perfect' balance which inevitably makes everything mirror sterile and down to apm and memorising build order timings?
29 Jan 2021, 01:41 AM

I would even say vcoh2 was more MESSY than vcoh1. the original team was more talented,daring and have a stronger vision of what they want their game to be
Pip
29 Jan 2021, 02:55 AM

Vcoh1 is a terribly unbalanced mess of a game. It's a superior single player experience to 2 (Arguable if you look at Ardennes Assault (When it isnt bugged)) But CoH2 is a far superior game in terms of playability and balance on the multiplayer front.

"Vcoh2" isnt relevant, as that is a day long past. The current balance of the game, and the current balance of CoH1 is what should be looked at.
29 Jan 2021, 02:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2021, 02:55 AMPip
Vcoh1 is a terribly unbalanced mess of a game. It's a superior single player experience to 2 (Arguable if you look at Ardennes Assault (When it isnt bugged)) But CoH2 is a far superior game in terms of playability and balance on the multiplayer front.

"Vcoh2" isnt relevant, as that is a day long past. The current balance of the game, and the current balance of CoH1 is what should be looked at.

>> Vcoh1 is a terribly unbalanced mess of a game.
Only Brits making this an issue. PE slightly.
US vs Wehr is state of the art.
29 Jan 2021, 03:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2021, 01:32 AMmrgame2

coh1 was fun and 'balanced' enough to play 2v2.

You must be joking. How the fuck any game could be fun and balanced with cancerous Brits.
29 Jan 2021, 04:11 AM

kangeroo + piat /wub.

to be fair, relic stop tweaking the game.

my point was vcoh is superior to vcoh2.
coh1 has more stats options which leads to more possibilities which is good imo
29 Jan 2021, 07:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2021, 04:11 AMmrgame2
kangeroo + piat /wub.

to be fair, relic stop tweaking the game.

my point was vcoh is superior to vcoh2.
coh1 has more stats options which leads to more possibilities which is good imo

Just focus in US vs Wehr, COH1 is much more superior and better design than COH2. Both players can have so many options, Volks and Rifles engagement is heavily depends on unit positioning instead of COH2 RIFLES MUST WIN because it is more expensive. COH1 also encourage more on flanking and being aggressive. Vehicles being less lethal instead of T70 just wtfstomp everything BEFORE the Pak timeslot.
31 Jan 2021, 08:57 AM

To be fair, i believe changing vls from a g43 to a stg is on a good direction at least, it make the upgrade more unique compare to G43 upgrade and also moving away from tapping models, which it should be, like with the section change. And sander already said that further adjustments will be done if needed, namely tweak for the stg's profile.

Maybe let the upgrade replace rifle nade with a hand thrown nade like pfusi ?

I actually like the idea of giving the vsl an stg instead of a g43. This change is nice to me. Maybe replacing the grenade is a good idea, or some kind of other stat change I am not sure. But so far I like the changes to the vsl grens and I hope they remain viable
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS