Login

russian armor

Tweaks to expert AI request

19 Jan 2021, 21:31 PM

Is it possible to do changes to the performance of the AI?

In my opinion

-Soviet AI on expert is too strong due to their resource bonus. The way they play (at least for someone of my skill) they are almost impossible to beat. I think they could use some tuning

-USF AI seems very good and well balanced and I'm not sure if I am going to win or not. (although they could do a better job keeping their rear echellons alive)

-British AI needs BIG BUFF I want to fall asleep playing against them, even on expert. They play so poorly it's not a challenge at all. The only thing they are good at doing is throwing grenades. Terrible at everything else

-Ostheer AI seems solid although sometimes they place bunkers at odd times

-OKW AI not sure, Ostheer AI seems to perform slightly better when it comes to unit preservation

none of the AI use mines like they did in CoH1, however, it feels like against expert ai, unlike in pvp, building light vehicles is actually a waste because the AI receives a fuel bonus and you want to save for tanks as quickly as possible, and you will fall behind if you spend fuel on light vehicles.

Thanks!

edit* I've actually been able to sometimes beat soviet on expert as of late (maybe it's the adderall)

But anyway, I'm sure many of you can agree the AI could use some adjustments and they have not been touched in years. Soviets never upgrade to 7 man cons, ostheer never uses veteran squad leader, USF never uses rife grenades on rear echelons, British just... spams medics sometimes, or starts building a defensive building right infront of you and lets you destroy their builders and the defensive building effortlessly.
17 Mar 2021, 13:56 PM

To be honest it feels like Soviet expert ai is the only real challenge for ai fights
18 Mar 2021, 06:02 AM

All the ai are bad at unit preservation, they just have such a massive bonus to resources they can keep spawning units, Soviet ai fells better cause they spawn even more units, they spawn cons,penals and team weapons at the same time since they can build t1 and t2 at start,brits ai feel bad cause they don't know where to place the absolute cancer upon this game that are the emplacements or really equip weapons on the squads and can't pump units as fast as the Sovs, American is the most balanced but again have no unit preservation.

As for the Axis Ai , ostheer feels the same as the Sovs pumping grenadiers ,lmgs and caches at the same time. The worst ai by far is the OKW one since it can't build caches and for some reason keeps building pumas and luchs instead of building panzers and other heavier tanks.

Also the Penals never use satchel on tanks(anti tank one)
18 Mar 2021, 15:37 PM

Expert Sov AI smashes all other AI in 1v1.

Hard Sov AI might even beat most Export AI too.

Conclusion: Nerf all Soviet units! /s
21 Mar 2021, 00:20 AM

Expert Sov AI smashes all other AI in 1v1.

Hard Sov AI might even beat most Export AI too.

Conclusion: Nerf all Soviet units! /s

I've kinda changed my mind on this, even though what you just said is true. All the other AIs besides soviet need some kind of buff, especially British
21 Mar 2021, 04:15 AM

Each unit in Coh2 has some value assigned to it that represents what it costs and how it performs. Since Relic has no idea what units will be changed from patch to patch they have to rely on this formula. And sometimes it is not the strongest to play against.

Watch an OST AI game and you will laugh. It spams pios. The first set is sent out to cap a point but as soon as the next set comes out, they recall them to the base to build something. So for the first 2 minutes the OST AI does nothing at all. No points etc and it has garbage pios units to cap and fight with.

But there is some intrinsic value that is calculated that pios seem strong. Maybe it is something that has to do with abilities that are hard to calculate. So when OST does well its when the pios can cap freely and then build MG bunkers for instance. By then an MG and both light vehicles (222,halftrack) hit and you have a fight on your hands.

My point is, it is nearly impossible to make the AI work well for changes that may come in the future. So there will always be issues with some factions being really good etc. And maybe that is a good thing. When you can beat the hardest AI its time for automatch.
21 Mar 2021, 06:41 AM

I've been able to beat Soviet AI on Expert 1v1; but I've had to play absolutely perfectly for several minutes. The real problem is you're in the mid-game, and Soviet AI probably has at least 2-3 T34's before you can put out your first Panzer IV (which against Sovs AI or players I like using STUG's)

Using a shitload of mines helps drain penals/shocks/cons.

Using bunkers for Ostheer and Flak Guns are pretty important too. There are just so many units to deal with you can auto-engage with MG Bunkers and suppress units to slow them down (but not stop).
21 Mar 2021, 08:38 AM

Just spam handheld AT units.
21 Mar 2021, 10:14 AM

OKW AI after last year balance which give T4 two step upgrade,it will not upgrade T4 and spam light armor....
21 Mar 2021, 20:37 PM

Against the soviets you have to get AT weapons very early to deal with the tank rush. Best tactic is to camp close to your base with your AT guns and MGs to kill few tanks and then start playing normally as you start getting tanks as well and after that it is quite easy to overwhelm the AI.
22 Mar 2021, 00:23 AM

Since people are ruining the AI experience here with tips and tricks:

Spam MGs. EZ win GG. AI cant deal with MGs at all.

If you are in a team game and the enemy starts dropping, spam MGs.

If you want to get better at the game, do not make any MGs.
2 Apr 2021, 10:04 AM

It seems like I can only beat Soviet expert AI in 1v1, but when I'm in a 2v2 (the only mode I play besides 1v1) I cannot beat the Soviets on expert with an expert AI partner. I will try to face expert ai without HMGs that sounds like a fun challenge, however Wehrmacht does seem like a faction heavily dependent on its starting HMG to be successful most of the time.

@Rosbone yeah that makes sense, it's hard to make adjustments to the ai when they're constantly patching and changing the balance and abilities of the units for all factions

At this point I think all AI factions needs adjustments and buffs to how they behave with their units, including the Soviets. Sadly I am sure this will never happen, especially after what you just informed me with.

I really just ought to do more pvp. I have more time to play now and I have not dedicated to a season of pvp really since 2 years ago. I would especially like to focus on 2v2 pvp once beta goes live, it is my favorite game mode followed by 1v1
11 Apr 2021, 02:08 AM

The AI is much more intelligent in Starcraft 2 and much more challenging than CoH2's ai. However from my experience from playing both games for thousands of hours, CoH2 has a bigger learning curve than Starcraft 2 does in pvp and I quit playing Starcraft 2 years ago. CoH2 is the only RTS game I enjoy playing any more
11 Apr 2021, 02:10 AM

***Oh woops I accidentally quoted myself by accident, disregard this comment please sorry. If the mods want to delete this post they can***
11 Apr 2021, 19:38 PM

From hours of playing against bots with my friends who do not know how to play to train them, what we need is this.

Penals should be able to use anti tank satchel
OKW need to actually stop making pumas and panzer 2 and make mediuns
UKF to stop making emplacements everywhere and make units.
USF to stop getting out of their vehicles in the midle of a figth and gifting their tanks to you.
Better unit preservation(maybe retreat when on 1 or 2 models in a squad).
11 Apr 2021, 23:50 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 34
Germany 752
unknown 18
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W