Login

russian armor

64 Bit Update Bug Reporting

• This thread is locked
PAGES (12)down
18 Feb 2021, 06:43 AM

I realize this is vague, but a friend of mine is constantly disconnecting and/or crashing when we duo-queue - I'd say he drops from nearly 50% of the games we play (sometimes 3-4 DCs per night), especially early on (within the first 5 minutes). What's really strange is that after DC'ing, he can often still see the in-game chat. We don't have any issues with discord (he stays on), or in 1v1 custom games where we've never had a single issue (3+ games in a row, multiple nights, etc.).

This could be a general 'CoH2' issue, but we've found that it's gotten significantly worse since the x64 update. Before that, he disconnected/crashed quite rarely. Again, I realize this is quite vague, but there doesn't seem to be any consistency; sometimes he crashes or DCs during loading, sometimes it's after a while in-game; but it's gotten to the point where the game is nigh-unplayable due to crashes/DCs on his end.

If there's any logs (for DC's) that would help, I can probably get them.
20 Feb 2021, 16:24 PM

This is a bug since 64-bit, so posting here:

Smoke launchers on Valentine disables movement, cannot be cancelled and makes the unit unresponsive to any command.
21 Feb 2021, 09:28 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Usually first game of the day, I load into a random automatch game and game loads fully for me, but stops for others and then I get an instant loss. Connection is fine on my end, somehow the game time outs me with the first try.
21 Feb 2021, 09:35 AM

Not sure if 64 bit, but noticed only now. Also could be an intended behavior. You can't stop cutting the barbed wire. Once clicked to do it you can't interrupt the action and e.g. move unit elsewhere until wire will be cut. If intended just imagine you coudn't move until finish your sandbags. Please fix.
21 Feb 2021, 12:01 PM

Since the 64 bit update the game crashes (bugsplat) like every other game I play. The screen freezes and the chatlog appears. Sounds are still going but the game just freezes. This is very frustrating since I can't really play the game anymore. It can happen a couple of minutes in or late in game like after 30 min. I had the chatlog appears bug earlier with the regular 32 bit as well but the game did not freeze. The chatlog appeard att random times in game and stayed on screen for a random time, sometimes for the rest of the game.

I have even installed a new SSD and a fresh copy of windows since the 64 bit update for unrelated reasons but the bugsplat still happens. I have reinstalled the game and verified the game files numerous times.

Other than that the game runs a bit better since 64 bit.

Has anyone encountered this as well?
25 Feb 2021, 06:31 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I found this Steam, apparently the Xbox and Steam version can no longer cross play:

XBOX Version : 4.0.0.23801
Steam 64 Live version : 4.0.0.23873

The Steam 64 beta version is 4.0.0.23801

They diverged in the last Steam hotfix patch.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/discussions/0/3112521650139623603/#c3112521650140079957
28 Feb 2021, 01:59 AM

Showcase/Achievements still not working latest update (27-Feb-2021 release, 4.0.0.23887)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In-game achievements (showcase) and Steam achievements are not working for game count achievements.

The showcase counters seem to work, but when I reach the required game count for a medallion, I get nothing.

For example:

- In Steam, the 'War Games III' achievement (win 100 skirmishes vs 3 AI) the counter keeps resetting to 1/100, although it got up to 9 at one stage.
War Games III: shows 1/100 and not awarded. It should be 103/100(!) and the achievement awarded.

- In game Showcase/Online Skirmish,
War Games 3 (win a skirmish vs 3 AI): 103, which is correct
War Games Medallion 3 (win 100 skirmishes vs 3 AI): 0, but should be 1 and awarded

These problems seem to be the same for all showcase/achievements requiring game counts.
13 Mar 2021, 17:15 PM

Hello,

I am having an issue when building my mod.. I haven't updated it in a couple of weeks and have not changed any paths. I did not used to have this issue. And I fixed the initial issue with path not specified by using Sneaky's archive fix.

Issue:

Building FirstModTuning.mod...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\AttributeEditorXML.exe --operation ModBinaryBurn --root "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\assets\data\attributes\attributes.xml" --mod "C:\Users\Killi\OneDrive\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\FirstModTuning\FirstModTuning.xml" --burn_path "C:\Users\Killi\OneDrive\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\FirstModTuning\FirstModTuning Intermediate Cache\Intermediate Files\attrib\attrib"
Error building FirstModTuning.mod: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\AttributeEditorXML.exe failed with exit code -1. arguments --operation ModBinaryBurn --root "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\assets\data\attributes\attributes.xml" --mod "C:\Users\Killi\OneDrive\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\FirstModTuning\FirstModTuning.xml" --burn_path "C:\Users\Killi\OneDrive\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\FirstModTuning\FirstModTuning Intermediate Cache\Intermediate Files\attrib\attrib"
Built FirstModTuning.mod.

It claims to be building the mod but none of the changes are doing through. This line is the error:

Error building FirstModTuning.mod: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\AttributeEditorXML.exe failed with exit code -1. arguments --operation ModBinaryBurn --root "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\assets\data\attributes\attributes.xml" --mod "C:\Users\Killi\OneDrive\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\FirstModTuning\FirstModTuning.xml" --burn_path "C:\Users\Killi\OneDrive\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\FirstModTuning\FirstModTuning Intermediate Cache\Intermediate Files\attrib\attrib"

Any ideas? Thank you
13 Mar 2021, 17:42 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2021, 17:15 PMBloodzy
Hello,

I am having an issue when building my mod.. I haven't updated it in a couple of weeks and have not changed any paths. I did not used to have this issue. And I fixed the initial issue with path not specified by using Sneaky's archive fix.

Any ideas? Thank you

Error -1 often means a path name is too long: https://www.coh2.org/topic/63244/compile-build-error/post/629392
You said you did not change any paths, but perhaps you created a new object with a long path name?
14 Mar 2021, 17:52 PM

Ever since the 64b patch, my game stutters in the first ~5 minutes of a game on the White Ball Express map. 4v4 variant, maybe 3v3 too. Every 20-30 seconds it freezes for 1-3 seconds.

Never had any stutters before. Don't have any stutters on any other map.
It also disappears after the first 5 minutes or so.

A friend of mine has exactly the same issue.
15 Jun 2021, 16:41 PM

Hello everyone!
I have COH2 for both STEAM and Microsoft game pass and neither works
I can not get COH2 to work on my comp I have tried reinstalling and verified the files.
it loads to the logo I can hear the SAGE name and the music and that's it.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS