Login

russian armor

Run and Gun

6 Jan 2021, 08:19 AM

Now thinking about it, I think its the number of models instead ill check.

I think that the 6 PTRS rifles will get priotized in an M5 since it has 5 or 6 models shooting out of it.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2021, 08:03 AMVipper

I am not sure what you mean. The average user is simply not aware of game mechanics only of the result.

my point was, how often is this actually a problem aside from the M3-flamer which doesn't see any action past the 10min marker (probs earlier).
6 Jan 2021, 08:25 AM

I think that the 6 PTRS rifles will get priotized in an M5 since it has 5 or 6 models shooting out of it.

It caps at 4 modals, so you achieve the same in live and yes they do prioritize vehicles (you can have a double flamer :)).
6 Jan 2021, 08:48 AM

One has to keep in mind that PTRS has longer range than other weapons so it will probably be the weapon to fire at longer ranges

my point was, how often is this actually a problem aside from the M3-flamer which doesn't see any action past the 10min marker (probs earlier).

A) Things are better to dealt with before the become a problem.
(For instance I pointed WC21 being op even at preview. Unfortunately it had to cause problems before it was fixed)

B) AT HT are good especially vs certain vehicles like the luch that is actually rather bad vs vehicles.

C) There are problem a already with certain HT being to good at wipes on retreats and the patch creates the condition for more issue with faster M5 and with 3 PTRS or penal. So regardless if it an issue in live it has potential to be an issue in preview and might need extensive testing.
6 Jan 2021, 08:49 AM

It caps at 4 modals, so you achieve the same in live and yes they do prioritize vehicles (you can have a double flamer :)).

I have tried double flamer and they would not fire. (was in game and have not done extensive testing)
6 Jan 2021, 10:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2021, 08:48 AMVipper
A) Things are better to dealt with before the become a problem.

Agreed, only this option is not available due to the low resources that relic provide for balance patches. Also the size of the problem is not as big as other issues have been (take the pack howi for instance).
6 Jan 2021, 10:34 AM

You know what's better idea?

Not trying to fix something that is not a problem.
6 Jan 2021, 10:50 AM

You know what's better idea?

Not trying to fix something that is not a problem.

Sorry, can't have allies using clown cars effectively. Have a good day.

(And don't say anything about 250, this crap gets built once in a blue moon)
6 Jan 2021, 11:04 AM

Sorry, can't have allies using clown cars effectively. Have a good day.

(And don't say anything about 250, this crap gets built once in a blue moon)

Nonsense.

I see 250s regularly and they are effective - especially when it can be dug in as well for the suppression.

Vipper's hard on for anything the allies have which is vaguely effective makes it impossible to take his suggestions seriously.

Next.
6 Jan 2021, 11:09 AM

Nonsense.

I see 250s regularly and they are effective - especially when it can be dug in as well for the suppression.

Vipper's hard on for anything the allies have which is vaguely effective makes it impossible to take his suggestions seriously.

Next.

How often do you think it's used in 1v1 in top 200 games. Or even team games. In low ranks I can win with all CE builds or Sturm kubel builds:D So soviet clown cars are used ten times more often in any team modes and levels than 250.
6 Jan 2021, 11:32 AM

My point is that clown cars are mostly used by allies. And with the patch it will be even more so since 5men grens will be nerfed. It doesn't take a genius to figure out who this change will affect the most and at whom it is aimed at.

Not to mention not a single decent top player said that clown car is a problem.
6 Jan 2021, 11:41 AM

Actually, all relevant allied clown cars got heavy nerfs either in former or in this patch.

Then why exactly do we have this topic?:loco:
6 Jan 2021, 12:46 PM

How often do you think it's used in 1v1 in top 200 games. Or even team games. In low ranks I can win with all CE builds or Sturm kubel builds:D So soviet clown cars are used ten times more often in any team modes and levels than 250.

Ah - well, forget it then. We should balance for 400 people and scrubs like me can go get lost. Got it. :)

Some things don't change.

6 Jan 2021, 12:48 PM

People who are not interest in posting anything related to HT and their passenger can simply stop visiting this thread and stop posting unrelated things.
6 Jan 2021, 13:17 PM

Ah - well, forget it then. We should balance for 400 people and scrubs like me can go get lost. Got it. :)

Some things don't change.

Sorry didn't mean to sound elitist or gatekeeping. It's just that in lower ranked games everything goes and is "viable" but if you don't see the same stuff in higher ranked games, then there isn't anything to discuss balance-wise, since it's just a matter of skill.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2021, 12:48 PMVipper
People who are not interest in posting anything related to HT and their passenger can simply stop visiting this thread and stop posting unrelated things.

Can you give examples of clown cars overperforming in high level games and some high level people saying that clown cars should be changed? Are there any tournament games or high level games that justify this thread?
6 Jan 2021, 13:20 PM

Can you give examples of clown cars overperforming in high level games and some high level people saying that clown cars should be changed? Are there any tournament games or high level games that justify this thread?

Adding to the request, remember to NOT use examples of M3 or Dodge from the past, because these are already nerfed or being nerfed right now.

Use preview replays, which show the problem despite the nerfs.
11 Jan 2021, 00:19 AM

I love the m5, pop 2 squads in it and drive it into the enemy camp and drop out and unleash hell
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★