Login

russian armor

Removed maps from automatch pool 2021

19 Jan 2021, 05:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2021, 05:39 AMSpanky
It wasn't really Angoville any more, so not sad to see it go. Let is stay in vcoh where it was way more fun to play. :)

I know it is different, but Angoville, Langres, Semois, they defined COH. Fix them instead of removing them please.
I still playing both COH1 and COH2 though.
19 Jan 2021, 07:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2021, 05:52 AMPorygon

I know it is different, but Angoville, Langres, Semois, they defined COH. Fix them instead of removing them please.
I still playing both COH1 and COH2 though.

They defined CoH and were balanced around its game pace and meta.

They always were an odd wheel in CoH2 and felt awkward.
Semois was exceptional cancer in CoH2, both versions with winter being slightly more bearable.
19 Jan 2021, 09:20 AM

Why is Liernux and Poltawas still in the map pool? Does it take a while to remove them? And why we get 3 1v1 vetoes if they were supposed to be hardcoded?
19 Jan 2021, 09:25 AM

If Bocage and Mills Road appear in the map list, will 1v1 have 4 vetoes instead of 3?

Edit: I checked, the map to veto ratio is 3:1, so we will have 4 vetoes.

Tbh, I'd prefer 5 vetoes with Novgorod and Arnhem Checkpoint still in the 1v1 pool. Novgorod was fine, I considered it better than something like Vilshanka, never vetoed it. Arnhem Checkpoint is cancerous against certain playstyles, but fun and unique otherwise. Other 4 maps are good riddance, Anyway, I can live with 4 vetoes, 3 of my permavetoes got removed, so I don't care that much, just variety wise 15 maps with 5 vetoes would've been a bit better.
19 Jan 2021, 09:50 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Why is Liernux and Poltawas still in the map pool? Does it take a while to remove them? And why we get 3 1v1 vetoes if they were supposed to be hardcoded?

If Bocage and Mills Road appear in the map list, will 1v1 have 4 vetoes instead of 3?

Tbh, I'd prefer 5 vetoes with Novgorod and Arnhem Checkpoint still in the 1v1 pool. Novgorod was fine, I considered it better than something like Vilshanka, never vetoed it. Arnhem Checkpoint is cancerous against certain playstyles, but fun and unique otherwise. Other 4 maps are good riddance, Anyway, I can live with 4 vetoes, 3 of my permavetoes got removed, so I don't care that much, just variety wise 15 maps with 5 vetoes would've been a bit better.

Listen, I used alot of time again on this mappatched and relic never told me how the hardcode works. I self explained it me.

When i am not wrong it works so:

11 --> 3 vetos
12 --> 3 / 4 vetos
13 --> 4 votes
14 --> 4 vetos
15--> 5 vetos

In past we had 15 1vs1 maps and 5 vetos --> 10 maps you have to play.
After the patch when everything works as i planned, it should be 13-4 --> 9 maps.
So double win! Not even only removed some bad maps, i also gave you kind of 1 more veto since you only have to play 9 maps and not 10 in automatch search.

And liernux and poltata will get removed. But relic... Again not my fault
19 Jan 2021, 09:59 AM

Wasn't pointing any fingers and thanks for the answer! Keep up the good work!
19 Jan 2021, 10:00 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Wasn't pointing any fingers and thanks for the answer! Keep up the good work!

B-)
Yeah i am just pissed. I planned everything to be awesome and then patch arrives and fucked it up kind of.
And then people start to complain. So sometimes i have the feeling people are mad on me then
19 Jan 2021, 10:14 AM

It's a RELIC tradition that always something goes wrong with the map patch, don't ask me why... I hope they remove Poltawa/ Lierneux soon.
19 Jan 2021, 11:03 AM

When i am not wrong it works so:

11 --> 3 vetos
12 --> 3 / 4 vetos
13 --> 4 votes
14 --> 4 vetos
15--> 5 vetos

Yeah, it seems like a 3:1 ratio as far as I can tell:

In past we had 15 1vs1 maps and 5 vetos --> 10 maps you have to play.
After the patch when everything works as i planned, it should be 13-4 --> 9 maps.
So double win! Not even only removed some bad maps, i also gave you kind of 1 more veto since you only have to play 9 maps and not 10 in automatch search.

And liernux and poltata will get removed. But relic... Again not my fault

Considering Rosbone insisted on his imo decent map being removed, the picks we got were really good and I won't have the feeling I'm lacking vetoes anymore. That said, I do feel this patch could've warranted some more open discussion.

For example, I consider Lost Glider, Arnhem Checkpoint and Crossing in the Woods equally vetoable depending on faction and mood. Bocage has a similar feel to Crossing (but better imo) so I'd have preferred either Crossing removed instead of Arnhem (more unique feel) or even just all 3 of these maps removed. I assume the majority of it was decided by veto counts, map popularity in tournaments and Relic though, so fair enough, this is just my take.

I do overall feel very happy about the map patch from a 1v1 standpoint, so thank you very much. :) Only giving my thoughts.
19 Jan 2021, 13:25 PM

you did a great job with maps.

thanks for puting in your time

B-)
Yeah i am just pissed. I planned everything to be awesome and then patch arrives and fucked it up kind of.
And then people start to complain. So sometimes i have the feeling people are mad on me then
19 Jan 2021, 13:30 PM

B-)

We can just blame Lelic and that would really be the truth. Not your fault! B-)
19 Jan 2021, 14:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

B-)

Nah mate, thanks for the work you put into that!
25 Jan 2021, 01:29 AM

about new Alliance of Defiance:
- the left side is too open, especially on botton side, when you get push out of cut off point behind VP, enemey can see through everything behind and keep digg it. unlike the top one is still behind old wall.
Should we give more shortblocker or something ?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★