Login

russian armor

soviet early game

1 Jan 2021, 18:07 PM

Hello, i was just curious, as i see almost every soviet player do it and i'm a noob;

Why would you build your T1/T2 at the very beggining?

Wouldn't it make you have less manpower at the beggining or lock you out(because you have spent more ressources on the other tier) if you needed the other tier?

What is the obvious thing i'm missing here?

1 Jan 2021, 19:35 PM

There are basically 3 general build orders Soviet players go for.

The most common is to get 3-4 Conscripts and then support weapons and T70 in which case you are right there is no need to build T2 right away.

Then there are people who go T2 immediately as they want to spam Maxims and rely on 2 CP call-in infantry later so they obviouisly need the tier building ASAP. This is only a thing in 3v3 and 4v4 and sometimes 2v2 depending on the map.

Then there are people who go Penals and M3/Sniper which again makes T1 neccessary ASAP as you can't go Conscripts first and then Penals later due to the limitation of your manpower income.

Of course, there are also deviations from what I explained but I hope you now understand why some Soviet players start the game by building a tier structure.

3 Jan 2021, 16:50 PM

thank you for your answer
have a good day
23 Feb 2021, 21:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2021, 16:50 PMcyre77
thank you for your answer
have a good day

I would also add how I determine which building to go for.

The soviets are a team oriented faction, so playing off my teammates is my first thought. If I am paired with an American, then I will go T2 to support their elite infantry with support weapons.

If I am with a Brit, I will go T1 to use Penals and let the Brit bring support weapons. The British seem much better equipped to play defensively.

And if I'm with another soviet I will do the opposite of them. The other comment here was fantastic in terms of describing the general build orders. Just remember that in general the soviets are so much better at supporting roles rather than leading ones. Our equipment is weaker, but we make up for it in dirty tactics and raw power.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★