Login

russian armor

64bit beta running at unplayable FPS?

27 Dec 2020, 13:39 PM

Hey there. I'm sure you're all looking forward to another player complaining about performance issues! So I've been playing on a Dell Inspiron laptop since early in the year and had pretty good FPS/performance on medium settings. However, I put the game down around march. After loading it up again in mid-summer, I suddenly was unable to start a match without crashing on the map load screen. Campaing, 1v1 skirmish, even performance test bugsplatted. Followed all the advice and settings tweaks, no dice. So I waited until the 64bit version was announced and the good news is, the main menus run great and I can get a map to load, however, the framerate from the moment the battle starts is extremely low. Like MAYBE a single frame per second. It's unplayable!

I updated my Nvidia drivers, disabled mods, changed my battery settings to high performance, disabled vsync, anti-alias, lowered to minimum settings, did the replay folder disable thing, reinstalled, tried a different HDD, and verified cash. No improvement! The only thing that made a tiny bit of difference was starting in windowed mode and lowering the resolution to 50%, which eeked out maybe another frame or 2, but still extremely low. I was able to get much help on steam or Reddit forums, so hoping someone around here might have a better idea.

Here are my specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
System Model Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 0798
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.12.1, 6/19/2020
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 12.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 11.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.75 GB
Total Virtual Memory 14.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.10 GB

Page File Space 2.93 GB
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks
27 Dec 2020, 14:58 PM

Your system looks more than enough. Proably just delete all of game files and install again. Even clear game cash. And then download it again. If problam repeats reinstall windows 10 and download game again. I can help you in this steps by pm.
27 Dec 2020, 15:40 PM

Have you checked if the game runs on Nvidia Graphics instead of Intel's integrated GPU? Open Nvidia Control Panel and verify it.
28 Dec 2020, 02:39 AM

Have you checked if the game runs on Nvidia Graphics instead of Intel's integrated GPU? Open Nvidia Control Panel and verify it.

Hmm, so I checked NCP and I gave me a message saying "NVIDIA display settings not available". I looked around and it looks like it might be an issue with the Intel 630 adapter updates. I'm looking into it right now.

Edit: So, I got NCP running again and found out Coh2 isn't on the program list under Manage 3D Settings. So I added it and set it to High Perfromance. However, I haven't noticed a change. Is there something I need to do make sure the game is using the right video card?

EDit: GOT IT! Turns out you were right and my NVidia card wasn't being used even though I set it in the nvidia control panel. Had to go into system settings and set it manually. Thanks for the help comrades! Smooth and beautiful on 64 bit!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★