Login

russian armor

Some questions about coh2 wb

16 Nov 2013, 15:07 PM

Hey guys!
I'm about to finish my first coh map thx to OnkelSam and his awesome tutorials but I have some problems, hope you can help :)

1)What tool do I need to open .options data to fix the alignment of the ingame minimap?

2)My map contains an area that is just accessible by infantry via 4 footbridges. But the AI sometimes tries driving vehicles over these bridges what is causing a roadblock. Can I fix this?

3)Nothing really fundamental but can I add effects like fire, smoke, fog, dust or some background sounds to my map to make it more alive?

Thank you!

16 Nov 2013, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2013, 15:07 PMSharooz
Hey guys!
I'm about to finish my first coh map thx to OnkelSam and his awesome tutorials but I have some problems, hope you can help :)

1)What tool do I need to open .options data to fix the alignment of the ingame minimap?

2)My map contains an area that is just accessible by infantry via 4 footbridges. But the AI sometimes tries driving vehicles over these bridges what is causing a roadblock. Can I fix this?

3)Nothing really fundamental but can I add effects like fire, smoke, fog, dust or some background sounds to my map to make it more alive?

Thank you!

1: Notepad
2: Maybe use the Impass editor, to paint impassable territory just barely big enough for infantry to squeeze through, but not vehicles. Im not too sure, without a screen of the map, and what your trying to do. You may need to provide an alternate route for the vehicles, if there isn't one. Choke points are tough to manage with AI. There MAY be a way to make an area non accessible to vehicles, I'm just not sure.
3:Atmosphere properties, in one of the drop down menu's at top, I believe under EDIT. You can "LOAD" many pre saved atmospheres that comes stock, or build your own.
16 Nov 2013, 16:47 PM

Ok, I'll try it.
Thank you!

//Update
So far the map seems to work , take a look if you want.

Nevertheless, I still have problems with the minimap, the alignment is not correct in the main menu view and ingame view..
I just followed OnkelSam's tutorial about that theme and created:
768x768 'Dead Rail_mm_preview.tga'
768x768 vertical flip 'Dead Rail_mm_high.tga'
768x768 vertical flip 'Dead Rail_mm.tga'
360x360 vertical flip 'Dead Rail_mm_low.tga'

Besides this, the starting points for player 2 and 3 are inverted on the main menu map view but ingame everyone has the correct position.

Anyone ideas?
Thx!
17 Nov 2013, 01:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2013, 16:47 PMSharooz
Ok, I'll try it.
Thank you!

//Update
So far the map seems to work , take a look if you want.

Nevertheless, I still have problems with the minimap, the alignment is not correct in the main menu view and ingame view..
I just followed OnkelSam's tutorial about that theme and created:
768x768 'Dead Rail_mm_preview.tga'
768x768 vertical flip 'Dead Rail_mm_high.tga'
768x768 vertical flip 'Dead Rail_mm.tga'
360x360 vertical flip 'Dead Rail_mm_low.tga'

Besides this, the starting points for player 2 and 3 are inverted on the main menu map view but ingame everyone has the correct position.

Anyone ideas?
Thx!

hmmm... after you made the .tga files and then opened the options file with notepad, make sure 360 & 360 are the two dimensions listed, and if not make it so, save, close notepad, then reopen in wb & just "export package"... should work. I been doing a few of them the last couple days... & always be closing wb after each use to be safe.
17 Nov 2013, 15:54 PM

hmmm... after you made the .tga files and then opened the options file with notepad, make sure 360 & 360 are the two dimensions listed, and if not make it so, save, close notepad, then reopen in wb & just "export package"... should work. I been doing a few of them the last couple days... & always be closing wb after each use to be safe.

Aww thanks alot, I really just had to list 360x360 instead of 768x768 in the .options file.
Map update coming soon ! :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS