Login

russian armor

NEW: Inputlag in coh2

23 Dec 2020, 23:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 15:28 PMSmartie
I downloaded the free proton VPS and I can finally play without laggs.I hope this info helps all other players who dont want to pay to play.

Which country did you choose and how high is your ping?
24 Dec 2020, 08:29 AM

Which country did you choose and how high is your ping?

I chose Denmark as country, dont know about the ping. When I noticed that the game ran smoothly I did not care anymore about it;)
27 Dec 2020, 18:40 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Today no issues

27 Dec 2020, 20:22 PM
Admin Red  Badge

After having played some 1vs1 I have realized that the average command delay grew from ~500 ms to between 1500 ms and 2000 ms and that occasional lag spikes (duration of several seconds) plagued my gameplay experience. I am a Deutsche Telekom customer and have experienced command delays of up to 2000 ms in the past either, but these pesky lag spikes were new to me and made it impossible to play CoH2 on a competitive level.

Using NordVPN and switching to Italy server has improved my situation reducing command delay to an average of ~80 ms. Thanks Luvnest for testing and support! :luvCarrot:
29 Dec 2020, 10:21 AM

Turning off IPv6 in the settings of my router fixed the lag issue for me immediately... (ISP Deutsche Telekom)
29 Dec 2020, 14:48 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Turning off IPv6 in the settings of my router fixed the lag issue for me immediately... (ISP Deutsche Telekom)

Not sure how that is supposed to solve the problem. The CoH2 Battle Servers use IPv4, so disabling IPv6 on the client side shouldn't have any effect on this. Could you elaborate?
29 Dec 2020, 14:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2020, 14:48 PMluvnest

Not sure how that is supposed to solve the problem. The CoH2 Battle Servers use IPv4, so disabling IPv6 on the client side shouldn't have any effect on this. Could you elaborate?

There are general issues with IPv6 in german routers, I've got Vodafone(on unitymedia infrastructure as I did upgrade once they have joined) one and I had periods where any online activity was pretty much impossible until I've changed it.

Check for package losses as well when the lags arrive as very often that is the cause of these lengthy lags, you can't feel them in CoH2 in other way then your 3 sec lag, but any other game is completely unplayable when it happens from my experience(BW area).
29 Dec 2020, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2020, 14:53 PMKatitof

There are general issues with IPv6 in german routers, I've got Vodafone(on unitymedia infrastructure as I did upgrade once they have joined) one and I had periods where any online activity was pretty much impossible until I've changed it.

Check for package losses as well when the lags arrive as very often that is the cause of these lengthy lags, you can't feel them in CoH2 in other way then your 3 sec lag, but any other game is completely unplayable when it happens from my experience(BW area).

What I still dont understand is why I ONLY have problems with CoH2. And why my brother who lives 3 km away in Augsburg NEBER had any problems although I have the faster connection? Im talked me into believing that the big traffic at the evening might cause the problems but then my bro should have even bigger issues and none at all...
Its really frustrating. I had laggs in the past, sometimes 2-3 weeks. But now I have huge problems since November. Lets hope that something can be done in January.
29 Dec 2020, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2020, 15:47 PMSmartie

What I still dont understand is why I ONLY have problems with CoH2. And why my brother who lives 3 km away in Augsburg NEBER had any problems although I have the faster connection? Im talked me into believing that the big traffic at the evening might cause the problems but then my bro should have even bigger issues and none at all...
Its really frustrating. I had laggs in the past, sometimes 2-3 weeks. But now I have huge problems since November. Lets hope that something can be done in January.

From my experience?
German routing overall is so fucked up that its not even funny anymore.

But then again.... telekom boomer CEO prefers upgrading copper cable, so that farm in the middle of nowhere can have 2Mbps line instead of lying down light fiber so...

Multiple problems, multiple reasons, have fun identiying what's wrong at the end, tho one thing is certain - its german infrastructure and nothing else.
29 Dec 2020, 17:43 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

That's because Relic's CoH2 servers are hosted at AWS in NA. This route has major traffic jams at the moment. Your brother has probably a different ISP and therefore uses different routes. Most other games have distributed servers all over the world and therefore offer a better connection to the servers.

The issue is quite simple. It's a peering problem between telekom und amazon and the immediate nodes. Lots of shady business going on in the background.
29 Dec 2020, 19:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2020, 17:43 PMluvnest

That's because Relic's CoH2 servers are hosted at AWS in NA. This route has major traffic jams at the moment. Your brother has probably a different ISP and therefore uses different routes. Most other games have distributed servers all over the world and therefore offer a better connection to the servers.

The issue is quite simple. It's a peering problem between telekom und amazon and the immediate nodes. Lots of shady business going on in the background.

Thx for your detailed answer. Just one more question: You described the structural explanation for the laggs. But should we not have this problem the whole time then? Why can we play months without any problems and then suddenly the game is unplayable? (Sorry, 2 questions)
29 Dec 2020, 20:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2020, 14:48 PMluvnest

It shouldn't fix it, correct, but I tried after getting the hint that German WoT-players have similar issues with Telekom (and the same fix worked for them) and it immediately worked for me too. So... dark magic?

In any case, it's worth a try.
29 Dec 2020, 21:16 PM

I am currently reading a little about newer routers and IPv6. One thing I keep seeing is people turning on router QoS and then having issues with IPv6. Or even issues in general.

Just something to think about.
29 Dec 2020, 22:29 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

It shouldn't fix it, correct, but I tried after getting the hint that German WoT-players have similar issues with Telekom (and the same fix worked for them) and it immediately worked for me too. So... dark magic?

In any case, it's worth a try.

I can live with the dark magic theory. Anyway thanks, will try it.
30 Dec 2020, 15:53 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I've been experiencing seemingly random lag spikes. Usually unable to control units for about 10 seconds.

Code
Local user MinDelay=[1ms], MaxDelay=[2440ms], AvgDelay=[1290ms]

30 Dec 2020, 19:12 PM
Donator 22

so far using ProtonVPN has been great, prventing all lags.
I wonder what it is going to look like once the "free upgrade" ends and I get downgraded to "free"
Smartie, do you already have some experience to share?
30 Dec 2020, 19:33 PM

so far using ProtonVPN has been great, prventing all lags.
I wonder what it is going to look like once the "free upgrade" ends and I get downgraded to "free"
Smartie, do you already have some experience to share?

Good to hear that it works for you! My "free" time is also over but I did not have the time to play again.
Grüße ins Frankenland aus Augsburg!
2 Jan 2021, 13:25 PM

I have been having ping/lag/latency problems for over a month now. These last few weeks most games I have reaction times over 3-4 seconds which make it impossible to play multi-player matches.

I am trying WTFast for the last few days seemingly with no effect. Is there anybody else who has experienced tangible results from GPN's such as WTFast? Or is a VPN only way to go?
2 Jan 2021, 14:38 PM

Isi (UK) said he had some input lag [5 seconds] (server lag) 2 days ago for an hour.

But for the U.S. I've never had any issues the last week.
2 Jan 2021, 18:52 PM

2 games today. Both of them with an average delay of 2 seconds. Hard to play.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment