Login

russian armor

NEW: Inputlag in coh2

17 Dec 2020, 17:20 PM
17 Dec 2020, 17:28 PM

I have almost no lag at all and I am at Vodafone.

One year ago I used Telekom and had massive lags from time to time. Hope this helps identifying the issue
17 Dec 2020, 18:30 PM

There is something wrong on your end. I never have any input lag just because I play with someone from far another continent. It's always the same. The times I had input lag (a few months ago) it was constant and didn't matter if I played against someone from EU/Asia/America.

So you're telling me on a wire, with 150 Mbit/s D/U, latency is normal when there are no players from Asia, South America, Australia, South Africa and somehow it's on my end? It can be:
A) Packets getting lost in hops from my router, through the A1 (my provider in Croatia) servers(Telekom Austria Group), to the US server
B) The network code is written that it somehow effects who connects from where on the main server. Especially if there is some sort of synchronization (because a packet, to get processed and reach the US from China, takes much longer for the whole round trip than from Europe to the US)
C) Some other super rare reason I do not know of, probably the people at Relic don't know as well.

If something was wrong at my end, I'd know of it. Tested on a desktop in my home town and on my laptop (ROG GL702ZC). Same thing.
17 Dec 2020, 18:52 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Only vote, if you have input lag:P

:oops:
17 Dec 2020, 20:06 PM

In my case this is not an issue of relic servers but of my isp directly.
(Vodafone, until recently Unitymedia)

Since the last 3 weekes I have no internet connection at all for several minutes, which results in disconnects in COH2. I am literally unable to work from my "home office" after 16 o'clock. It is usually better during typical work hours but gets unbearable after 16/17 o'clock. During the "prime time" hours I can't even watch youtube videos because the interruptions are so frequent that is keeps buffering every other minute for several minutes...

I went to the supermarket today and got myself 3 cases of beer and 4 bottles whisky. lockdown is great atm :clap:
17 Dec 2020, 20:07 PM

In my case this is not an issue of relic servers but of my isp directly.
(Vodafone, until recently Unitymedia)

Since the last 3 weekes I have no internet connection at all for several minutes, which results in disconnects in COH2. I am literally unable to work from my "home office" after 16 o'clock. It is usually better during typical work hours but gets unbearable after 16/17 o'clock. During the "prime time" hours I can't even watch youtube videos because the interruptions are so frequent that is keeps buffering every other minute for several minutes...

I went to the supermarket today and got myself 3 cases of beer and 4 bottles whisky. lockdown is great atm :clap:

Same.
17 Dec 2020, 21:28 PM

Same here, West Germany, Telekom and without VPN it's not playable for me.
17 Dec 2020, 22:05 PM

I made the mistake of putting a high use PC on the wired port of my hub and I am on wireless. Major lag followed. The wired port when downloading something takes all the bandwidth. You would expect some decent multiplexing but that is not the case for me.

Just another thing to think about. Be sure to check while being wired in so you are not getting blocked by random 2.4 Ghz interference or your router/switch.
17 Dec 2020, 22:52 PM

Its been mentioned (forgot where sry) that due to Covid-19 the web is under more stress simply because more people are under lockdown.

With that said, the game is close to unplayable atm imho. Everything feels sluggish.
18 Dec 2020, 05:17 AM

Input lag on game client is not caused by isp lol. It's from unoptimised network code in the client server model and unecessary UI dependencies on that.

It's a bug.
18 Dec 2020, 17:26 PM

Is there any solution to the problem? I don't want to spend extra money on a VPN to play properly again. Is there a chance that this will be improved in the next patch?
My latency goes up to 720. Everything feels so sluggish. I just hope relic will even recognize this problem...
Vaz
19 Dec 2020, 15:04 PM

Absolutely miserable morning of coh2 so far. I'm seeing a full second delay or longer for all my commands. I have to pre-empt grenade dodges or I can't dodge them. I can't kite with anything. artillery is way off the mark. I'm in the US too. I've got 50ms ping to google and 20ms to msn. Doesn't seem to be my connection to ISP.
19 Dec 2020, 15:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2020, 15:04 PMVaz
Absolutely miserable morning of coh2 so far. I'm seeing a full second delay or longer for all my commands. I have to pre-empt grenade dodges or I can't dodge them. I can't kite with anything. artillery is way off the mark. I'm in the US too. I've got 50ms ping to google and 20ms to msn. Doesn't seem to be my connection to ISP.

Full second delay? You lucky bas****. On a good day with no East Asia/Australia/SA players, I get 1.5s... on a bad day 2-4 seconds. I highly doubt anything will change and this thread is just a quasi-hope builder. I mean, 64bit is giving them a lot of problems to implement, doubt they would go around fixing their network code and trying to implement the fixes. Maybe in 2023.

https://www.cloudping.info/ -> If the relic servers are in Vancouver (HQ), then look at central Canada (if you live on the eastern seaboard, add 10ms to the result to get to Vancouver). That would be the ping if the servers and network part of the engine weren't last century quality.
Vaz
19 Dec 2020, 16:13 PM

Sharks must have eaten the undersea cables again
19 Dec 2020, 22:27 PM
Donator 22

friend of mine was super frustrated the last days, big fat jummy lag.
Today: out of the blue, all gone, all perfect.
well, christmas for him :-)
19 Dec 2020, 23:09 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

friend of mine was super frustrated the last days, big fat jummy lag.
Today: out of the blue, all gone, all perfect.
well, christmas for him :-)

so weird it now runs smoothly for me too.

it's important to find out whether it was really an ISP issue or on relic's end

I also hope it stays like this.
19 Dec 2020, 23:26 PM

why you did not choose then O2 in the poll?^^

Because you should only vote if you have (serious) lags? :)
19 Dec 2020, 23:38 PM

Okay, we tested it a few minutes ago and the ping was between 40-90ms. Lets hope the best, that was really good.
20 Dec 2020, 00:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2020, 23:09 PMluvnest

so weird it now runs smoothly for me too.

it's important to find out whether it was really an ISP issue or on relic's end

I also hope it stays like this.

Okay, we tested it a few minutes ago and the ping was between 40-90ms. Lets hope the best, that was really good.

Nice! Im curious if it stays like that in let's say 17 hours.

Whenever I had these lag periods last year, it was only between 16-21 (4-9 p.m.) roughly
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★