Login

russian armor

Osttruppen Discussion and Feedback

20 Dec 2020, 06:26 AM

Have we ever thought of (off topic from ostruppen), but simply giving Ostheer a stronger starting unit than Pioneers? Nerfing ostruppen more will just make them disappear.

They need Pioneers to build T1.
20 Dec 2020, 08:13 AM

If you have to change Osttruppen just take away the snare. Seriously, why does every Axis infantry unit either have to have a snare or a super nade?
20 Dec 2020, 08:30 AM

panzergrens are great, but expensive,far from being invincible like you say CODGUY.
are we playing the same game here?

They aren't that expensive, 60 MP more than Riflemen, don't have to pay to upgrade their weaponry, or unlock their super nade. Riflemen, Infantry Sections, Conscripts you pay for every damn little thing.

I know the thread is about Osttruppen but the main reason why the Osttruppen strategy overpreforms is because of Panzergrens being practically a T1 unit that walks all over anything other than some doctrinal elite infantry (that arrive WAY later) and maybe Penal troops.
20 Dec 2020, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2020, 08:30 AMCODGUY

They aren't that expensive, 60 MP more than Riflemen, don't have to pay to upgrade their weaponry, or unlock their super nade. Riflemen, Infantry Sections, Conscripts you pay for every damn little thing.

PG are:
60 manpower more than riflemen
70 manpower than IS
100 manpower more than conscripts

while they need 100/400 tech.

Given how bad IS beat VG for 10 manpower PG are not doing that great.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2020, 08:30 AMCODGUY

I know the thread is about Osttruppen but the main reason why the Osttruppen strategy overpreforms is because of Panzergrens being practically a T1 unit that walks all over anything other than some doctrinal elite infantry (that arrive WAY later) and maybe Penal troops.

The first part is correct but on the other hand powerful unit should not be available for allies so early either.
21 Dec 2020, 00:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2020, 08:50 AMVipper

The first part is correct but on the other hand powerful unit should not be available for allies so early either.

I agree. So Guards, Rangers, and Commandos are becoming Non-doc? We can put them at T4.
21 Dec 2020, 10:32 AM

If you have other ideas, you can write them in response in this topic.

I voted for the HQ build thingy, but got another idea about them..

What about;

- Buildable from HQ at 0cp with the cooldown as it is now as buildtime (20sec?)
- remove default Pfaust
- add merge ability
- remove the LMG upgrade

This would benefit the feel of the 'relief infantry' ability as that ability was meant to replace suffered losses. Removing the default faust would make that any mechnised vehicle will be their counter in the early game, the merge ability would make up for that as you can keep your team weapons longer on the field. Instead of giving them an LMG upgrade at BP3 i'd give them back the Pfaust (or a riflenade ability), this would support the late game use of the unit.

This increases the need of a regular grenadier and the BP3 upgrade.
21 Dec 2020, 11:04 AM

I voted for the HQ build thingy, but got another idea about them..

What about;

- Buildable from HQ at 0cp with the cooldown as it is now as buildtime (20sec?)
- remove default Pfaust
- add merge ability
- remove the LMG upgrade

This would also benefit the feel of the 'relief infantry' ability as that ability was meant to replace suffered losses. Removing the default faust would make that any mechnised vehicle will be their counter in the early game, the merge ability would make up for that as you can keep your team weapons longer on the field, to trade against those LV's. Instead of giving them an LMG upgrade at BP3 i'd give them back the faust (or get them a riflenade ability) to support the late game use of the unit, also it increases the need of the BP upgrade.

It also increases the need of the regular grenadier.

I am not sure if merging with 1.25 target will be worth.

I would test having an upgrade at PB3 that change there target size to 1 and adds merge.
21 Dec 2020, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2020, 11:04 AMVipper

I am not sure if merging with 1.25 target will be worth.

I would test having an upgrade at PB3 that change there target size to 1 and adds merge.

Well, that'll still let them keep their early game strength. Which was the main issue here, wasn't it? Reduced target size could indeed be added to the BP3 upgrade, but I would still swap the merge and the Pfaust ability.

I'm not convinced that changing their timing or cost with only a few seconds or manpower(s)(?) will do much to their performance on the field and their performance on the field seems to be more of an issue than the actual timing.
21 Dec 2020, 14:45 PM

Ostroppen merge would be OK maybe with team weapons only. Merging into grens or pgrens would be unholy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight