I voted for call-in with T1 requirement.
I'd set it up as follows:
- BP1 cost change reverted from 50 to 40 fuel, fuel cost moved back to T1.
- Osttruppen and Assault Grenadiers require T1 built before they can be called in.
- Assault Grenadier cost from 280 to 260 manpower.
- Recharge times and everything else remains the same.
This has the most benefits and not many drawbacks:
- 2 MG42 + 2 Pio builds and T1 with Osttruppen builds not affected (these are not considered problematic builds, nerfing these would just harm diversity, which is what more expensive Osttruppen / BP1 would do).
- Good timing delay on MG42 + 3 Osttruppen builds (1:53 T1 vs 1:48 35sec 220mp vs 1:35 live). Also, most of the added cost is upfront and the Pioneers will be busy building T1 at the start (all add up to a less oppressive early game). MG42 + 3 Gren builds take 2:42 to field.
- Panzergrenadiers and T2 delayed for Osttruppen and Assault Grenadier builds.
- Wouldn't be just a straight up cost nerf to MG42 + 3 Osttruppen builds, but give access to earlier Faust and T1 units.
I would agree to some extent, at least like to see it tried in ver 3 just so that we can get a sense of powerlevel, wouldn't really personally mind removing the faust from osttruppen together with this just to force diversity with grens but that would probably not be very popular, aswell as forcing t1 before calling in already kind of promotes grens in some sense. I'm not sure about the assgrens changes you propose, as they are not really troublesome in live, buuuut I wouldn't mind testing this at all in the ver 3 build. Only thing I know for sure after extensive testing is that the current nerfs are not enough for either 5 men or osttruppen