Login

russian armor

Ideas for Anti-Infantry Partisans

13 Dec 2020, 11:12 AM

Hey all, hope you're enjoying the bests of December!

I am just back again to talk about some ideas that had been swimming in my head since the conversation of the new patch has been jump started. I for one don't think it's a good thing to push for new additions to the game while new patch is still in the works, so I consider what I talk next as just an entertaining topic for myself and whoever might want to pitch one.

Anti Tank Partisans at the moment are in a very good spot in my opinion. Among players I hang out with, most would agree it's a unit that does well for deterring armor and the added utility of camo, at-nade and landmines are definitely a plus.

The Anti Infantry Partisans on the other hand somewhat struggle and the opinions I've heard over chatter so far are heavily leaned towards the Anti Infantry Partisans being lackluster in its performance. I personally have a neutral impression on their ability, as their low price point justifies most of their stats. That said, they are so easily destroyed that its difficult to keep them around for veterancy, given that they need to be deep in enemy lines which up the chance of a bad retreat path. If anything, it can be a bit of a manpower drain if you keep more than one or two around for recon/ambush as they aren't cheap to reinforce and drop quickly if not attacking a distracted target.

My solutions for this is to provide Partisans an option to improve their survivability once enough tech to be reached, allowing the squads to last a little longer in an ambush. This concept came to me actually due to a bug way back during the earlier years of CoH2. A multiplayer bug included allowing partisans to buy an upgrade originally for campaign, increasing their hitpoints from 80 to 120, which was a considerable improvement to survivability. Naturally, I do not think it is at all a good idea to implemement a late game upgrade option in a similar fashion, but something that either addresses received accuracy or overall durability may be ideal.

Numbers are not my strongest suit, but so far I think it wouldn't be reaching much in terms of power creep if upgrades are along these lines of 60 or so munitions locked behind T3 that reduce received accuracy by 20-30%?

What do you fellas think.
13 Dec 2020, 12:00 PM

. ...A multiplayer bug included allowing partisans to buy an upgrade originally for campaign, increasing their hitpoints from 80 to 120, which was a considerable improvement to survivability. ...

It what not a bug. Partisan started with 40 HP and could upgrade to 80.
13 Dec 2020, 12:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2020, 12:00 PMVipper

It what not a bug. Partisan started with 40 HP and could upgrade to 80.

Was that it? I guess I must have been mistaken. I thought there was a bug that bumped it to 120.
Ah well.
13 Dec 2020, 15:56 PM

I would allow merge to work for start.
23 Dec 2020, 17:16 PM

I feel partisans is fine. they are the only unit that that can plant mines while stealthed and throw grenades while stealthed at pioneers that try to disarm them
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 68
unknown 25
United Kingdom 303
United States 8
Germany 1
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W