Login

russian armor

[1v1] Playing as USF - Looking to Improve

13 Dec 2020, 03:55 AM

This is about a 20 min. game, I'm playing as USF / Mechanized. I'm ranked 1499 and my opponent is ~1300. I think I started out okay, but I think it went downhill around the 9-10 min. mark when he dug in on the north side of the map. I didn't respond well to that. This is my first replay request and am looking to take some steps to improve my gameplay and bust into the top 1000.

16 Jan 2021, 22:56 PM

Hello my friend, welcome!

I want to say thanks for posting your replay, it takes a lot of courage to be open to criticism and being vulnerable to expose your play. I made a video replay review for you and hope you find something useful to come from it:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/876412027

(can't remember how to embed lol)

but, my biggest takeaway was that your unit preservation was very poor. I get the sense that if you tighten that up you're going to take a few hundred places off your rank to begin with.

There were some issues in build order and floating as well as-- "micro" making sure your units are active, and you're coming up with good ideas and executing them, but really that mostly comes from unit preservation. It's really hard to come up with winning ideas and tactics if you have no army to fight with in the first place.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 43
Germany 777
unknown 19
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L