Login

russian armor

It's time for Main Gun Crits to go

PAGES (7)down
17 Dec 2020, 06:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2020, 23:41 PMSerrith

Ammo rack detonations exist in wargames. If you've played warthunder or any of wargamings titles you'll be familiar with them. Its a good example as the more competitive or performance based players dislike them as a mechanic while more casual players prefer the "realism".

The point was that if RNG like main gun destroyed or planes crashing into and destroying your troops is ok, at what point does it not become ok. Because its been said that RNG is what sets apart CoH from other strategy games, if this is the case why wouldn't relic double down on this strength?
I mean the bigger the RNG "payout" the bigger the impact, the more interesting to experience it. For that matter, why not have commander selection be random? It would force the players to adapt, and that would be good wouldnt it?

For me, rng like main gun crits or planes crashing is something entirely out of the player's ability to influence. That aspect of the RNG is something I have an issue with. But I dont have an inherent issue with rng in its entirety.
For example, its true that when you fire a katyusha, the shots are going to be randomly dispersed within the barrage indicator. But you can reduce the maximum shot deviation by moving the katyusha closer. This creates a risk vs reward scenario that adds depth and rewards player skill. This is an example of how rng can be implemented well.

Sorry i thought you where being sarcastic or was trolling.

I personaly love warthunder i have it on xbox and steam, i like it much more then world of tanks. With war thunder you have a bit more control over the rng. You can be more "lucky" if you know where to shoot wich tank and your type of ammo.

In bf1 and escape from tarkov i like the random bullet paterns and range you have to take into account. Not that point click kill confirmed style like cod series.

So yeah rng is a big thing for me. But it depends on the game to wich extent. Your rocket arty example is perfect for an rts like this, that is well done rng.
However i understand extra rng such as mgc dont belong in tournaments, when prize money and titles are involved. Mgc and plane crash however do have a place in the game and automatch. Mgc is being blown way out of prepoprtion by some, now (except with ptrs atm) mgc are quite rare to happen. They dont outright kill the tank there is still skill and rng at play to help save it or go for the kill.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS