Login

russian armor

Railway Artillery

6 Dec 2020, 20:25 PM

I know COH2 is very far from realism but please just remove the elephant in the room. It's been many years being an eyesore for many people who actually know some history. Just change it to normal artillery barrage or something.
MMX
7 Dec 2020, 04:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2020, 20:25 PMLMAO
I know COH2 is very far from realism but please just remove the elephant in the room. It's been many years being an eyesore for many people who actually know some history. Just change it to normal artillery barrage or something.

maybe you could be a bit more specific?
7 Dec 2020, 08:39 AM

I think he means that Gustavv wasn't used that often (I believe only to fire at Ukraine at some point?) and therefor wants to change it to a "240mm arty barrage".

He would be suprised when he finds out how many Ostwinds were actually made/used :P
7 Dec 2020, 11:57 AM

I think he means that Gustavv wasn't used that often (I believe only to fire at Ukraine at some point?) and therefor wants to change it to a "240mm arty barrage".

He would be suprised when he finds out how many Ostwinds were actually made/used :P

The fact that it fires 3 successive "railway artillery shells" and it's been that way for 5+ years. One of the worst or the worst offmap artillery on the game lore and gameplay wise with a freakin big red smoke and very long delay
7 Dec 2020, 11:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2020, 11:57 AMLMAO

The fact that it fires 3 successive "railway artillery shells" and it's been that way for 5+ years. One of the worst or the worst offmap artillery on the game lore and gameplay wise with a freakin big red smoke and very long delay

So?

This is how almost all regular off map arty barrages are.
7 Dec 2020, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2020, 11:57 AMLMAO

Yea.. whats the point/problem and your purposal then?

The only ability you can match it with is the 240mm barrage of the USF (I believe) which lands with an equal delay only with a lot more scatter. Your first shell always hits dead center, which makes it very strong.
7 Dec 2020, 12:39 PM

Yea.. whats the point/problem and your purposal then?

The only ability you can match it with is the 240mm barrage of the USF (I believe) which lands with an equal delay only with a lot more scatter. Your first shell always hits dead center, which makes it very strong.

The ability is comparable to both 240mm, concentrate fire operation. Note that both abilities provide more shells.
7 Dec 2020, 13:14 PM

It could be worse, for some^_^^_^.

Landkreuzer P. 1500 Monster (Wiki)
7 Dec 2020, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2020, 12:39 PMVipper

The ability is comparable to both 240mm, concentrate fire operation. Note that both abilities provide more shells.

6 compared to 3 from the wehrmacht, right?
7 Dec 2020, 13:33 PM

6 compared to 3 from the wehrmacht, right?

240mm is 7, concatenate operation 6 if I remember correctly.
MMX
7 Dec 2020, 14:37 PM

still not sure what exactly the issue is, but i guess from "historical accuracy" being invoked the op would like to see less shells being fired (or with greater delay in between shots) and a considerably bigger crater left afterwards?
what could possibly go wrong?

in all seriousness, i see nothing wrong with how the railway arty strike is implemented in the game. it's a good area denial tool and, thanks to the low scatter of the first shell, it's also reasonably effective against static targets.
the only inconsistency i'd rather see changed would be that the 1st shell has a worse AoE profile than the 2nd and 3rd (OHK radius of 6 vs 8.6)... but due to said lower scatter this is probably not going to happen.
7 Dec 2020, 15:17 PM

i dont see the problem, there were plenty of diffrent railway artys in WW2 on the german side. from 20-40 or 80cm (heavy gustav).

So basically you can imagine that it is other types of railway arty firering (20-40cm). So basically only the voiceline (schwerer gustav is fireing) that triggers sometimes is wrong (historically speaking).

3 Schells must obviously mean 3 different railway artys fireing a barrage.

So basically you want to change one ability completly becouse of one misleading voiceline?
11 Dec 2020, 03:21 AM

The vocalization sometimes says it is Schwerer Gustav but it's not. The Gustav's shell should be nearly the length and half the width of a T-70. The shell in-game is merely the size of a man's thigh. A Real Gustav would be Sector Artillery, in that it demolishes the entire sector!

Fun Fact: There is an unfinished and unused model of a train car with 2 Gustav shells in it.
5 Jan 2021, 04:10 AM

How about the comeback of V1 or adding V2?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
Germany 26
Germany 45
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %