The Excessive Amount Of Micro Required For Brummbar

PAGES (7)down
28 Nov 2020, 15:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 15:54 PMVipper

Check post 2/6.

Fair enough.
28 Nov 2020, 18:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 12:12 PMVipper

The brumabr should not be balanced around micro taxing.

Why not?
Every single light vehicle is.
Why can't a heavy vehicles be too?

Else you should be asking for the dozer to have is projectile speed slowed to brumbar level...

And lethatlity to brummbar level too I assume? Since brummbar already trades turret for much higher durability.
28 Nov 2020, 18:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 18:32 PMKatitof

Why not?
Every single light vehicle is.
Why can't a heavy vehicles be too?

It can but is should not.

Sorry I do not have the time to explain to you the difference of kubelwagen and Brumabar.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 18:32 PMKatitof

And lethatlity to brummbar level too I assume? Since brummbar already trades turret for much higher durability.

We are talking about gun performance and specifically the projectile velocity, pls stop bringing up irrelevant things.

Even so it is time to install the game and play the game. You will notice among other things that Dozer does not lack durability.
28 Nov 2020, 18:37 PM

What even is this clown thread? Brummbar is absolutely OP. 312 armour at vet 2 and just wrecks shop if it hits the field and there's no TD around.

There's no micro involved either, you can just attack move around and maybe attack ground once in a while.
28 Nov 2020, 18:38 PM

What even is this clown thread? Brummbar is absolutely OP. 312 armour at vet 2 and just wrecks shop if it hits the field and there's no TD around.

How many "grenadiers" does it have to kill to get to vet 2? 14?
28 Nov 2020, 18:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 18:38 PMVipper

How many "grenadiers" does it have to kill to get to vet 2? 14?

Dunno, ask Sturmpanther, he invented this unit of veterancy measurement.

Still needs a name though...
28 Nov 2020, 19:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 18:35 PMVipper

It can but is should not.

Why not?

Sorry I do not have the time to explain to you the difference of kubelwagen and Brumabar.

Np, instead I can explain to you why micro is important in micro heavy tactical game and why microed units perform better then non microed units and how because of competitive nature of the game, units are balanced around them actually having a competent player in control if you want.

We are talking about gun performance and specifically the projectile velocity, pls stop bringing up irrelevant things.

You.... do realize that AoE of a gun... is a gun performance metric?

Even so it is time to install the game and play the game. You will notice among other things that Dozer does not lack durability.

I never said it does.
You did just right now.
I simply said brummbar got more of it.

Also, for someone who tries to frontally faust full health ISU with zero AT support - that's quite rich.
28 Nov 2020, 21:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 19:32 PMKatitof

Why not?

Np, instead I can explain to you why micro is important in micro heavy tactical game and why microed units perform better then non microed units and how because of competitive nature of the game, units are balanced around them actually having a competent player in control if you want.

Lets assume you have over 200 games or even a basic amount of play time which you DON'T. I will explain it to you very clearly , no unit in the game relies SOLELY on manual fire to do damage other than artillery. NOTHING .. Do not try to compare microing infantry, formation, tactics flanking etc.. to being able to do damage. No other unit in the game has such dreadful auto fire. I can easily dodge every single slow firing projectile the Brummbar fires. It's so simple to do. If you actually played the game you would actually know this.

28 Nov 2020, 21:23 PM

Lets assume you have over 200 games which you DON'T . I will explain it to you very clearly , no unit in the game relies SOLELY on manual fire to do damage other than artillery. NOTHING .. Do not try to compare microing infantry, formation, tactics flanking etc.. to being able to do damage. No other unit in the game has such dreadful auto fire. If you actually played the game you would actually know this.

You are a 100% correct.
No unit in the game relies SOLELY on manual fire to do damage.
That includes brummbar.

If you think its any different, post a replay with your brummbar constantly missing and not doing anything.
28 Nov 2020, 22:03 PM

-Set to target vehicle priority or Hold fire
-Ground attack (G) to the target.
-after ground target shot set to normal fire mode and reverse back

I find the brummbar more easier to control than the other howitzer vehicles due to its turretless.
you can alway expect your enemy to retreat from a single shell.
the only thing it lacking is range but hey.. everything has a weak point right?
28 Nov 2020, 22:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 21:23 PMKatitof

You are a 100% correct.
No unit in the game relies SOLELY on manual fire to do damage.
That includes brummbar.

If you think its any different, post a replay with your brummbar constantly missing and not doing anything.

i mean there's rocket artillery... but if you cant micro rocket artillery then that's a l2p issue
30 Nov 2020, 09:18 AM

Ok... i never thought id read a buff brummbär threat. LOL

No, the only thing it needs 50 muni for the Vet1 ability an maybe a little less armor.

Its hands down the best stock AI tank.
30 Nov 2020, 10:07 AM

Face it towards the enemy.

If enemy runs, follow.

If the enemy has AT, reverse.

30 Nov 2020, 11:30 AM

No, the only thing it needs 50 muni for the Vet1 ability an maybe a little less armor.

It is there to deal with the best infantry and withstand the best tank destroyers. The vet1 ability has a very long cooldown and newly increased munitions cost.

I have to admit I'm biased, as I bitterly lost three of them to Ram + IL-2 Bombing very recently, trying to counter a Soviet infantry blob. In hindsight I think I should have selected Panzer IVs and an Ostwind before the Soviet army reached critical mass.
30 Nov 2020, 11:31 AM

Exactly. I’d halve the vet 2 armour buff.
30 Nov 2020, 19:26 PM

It is there to deal with the best infantry and withstand the best tank destroyers. The vet1 ability has a very long cooldown and newly increased munitions cost.

I have to admit I'm biased, as I bitterly lost three of them to Ram + IL-2 Bombing very recently, trying to counter a Soviet infantry blob. In hindsight I think I should have selected Panzer IVs and an Ostwind before the Soviet army reached critical mass.

Everyone is biased mate, nothing to it. It's just what people claim, that makes them moro*** next to biased.

On the topic of withstanding the best infantry. Allies don't have the best infantry and infantry isn't usually something you have to withstand unless they mass zooks or piats, at which point you go for a werfer or stuka or MG. And about the TDs, I mean, axis also have TDs. Some even that have heavy tank stats, and not to forget that the OKW P4 starts with 234 armour.
I mean, Brummbar is fine. Maybe a slight armour reduction so that once it reaches vet it's not impenetrable by anything below a Jackson AP/SU85/Firefly with it's 312 armour. With 800 HP, sturm can be a nightmare in teamgames in capable hands.
30 Nov 2020, 19:34 PM

I'd prefer not go to back to the days of auto firing nuclear missiles.
1 Dec 2020, 12:33 PM

Thank fuck that it's Nut-Busting Barrage will at least cost some munitions after the Winter Patch.
1 Dec 2020, 12:34 PM

Brumabr barrage should have Cd lowered now that it has a cost and projectile speed increased.

The other changes can applied if there is need for it.
1 Dec 2020, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2020, 12:34 PMVipper
Brumabr barrage should have Cd lowered now that it has a cost and projectile speed increased.

The other changes can applied if there is need for it.

You are not contradicting yourself, wanting other ammo based barrages to get higher cooldown, ignoring attached muni cost.

And there is zero reason why projectile speed should be increased, its one of the reasons why zis just got its barrage nerfed.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS