Login

russian armor

Luftwaffe Supply to Panther Spam

16 Nov 2013, 05:13 AM

This is a very useful doctrine as you can 'convert' manpower to either fuel or munitions and based on your needs. The munitions can be used to recon, drop super-incinerate barrage, or drop a stuka bombing strike.

I find myself converting my manpower into panthers... My resource float is very low with this commander.
16 Nov 2013, 05:54 AM
Honorary Member Badge

that is assuming they don't catch on.
16 Nov 2013, 15:00 PM

You can do all sorts of things with this commander. I find that it enhances 'vanilla' coh2 play since you can basically redistribute your resources if you hold a fuel or munitions point. For certain, I always get additional fuel (200 mp for 50 fuel) and tanks come our early.

Out of all the commanders, the support fires for this one is the best. The super fire barrage is exactly what the germans need to kill soviet infantry and Zis. The stuka bombing strike is my favorite call-in.

The recon plane helps support attacks and the munitions strike.
16 Nov 2013, 23:28 PM

What do you consider as spam? Building more than one panther?
16 Nov 2013, 23:38 PM

Panther spam: trying to get panthers out as soon as possible, and then maintaining a force of 2 or 3 of them.
17 Nov 2013, 00:16 AM

Panther spam: trying to get panthers out as soon as possible, and then maintaining a force of 2 or 3 of them.

Ok, that's not what I'd consider spamming ;)

I've had good success with going t1,t2, t4 with this commander in team games as you suggest.
18 Nov 2013, 23:47 PM

My first impression of this commander is that it is great. It supplies both resources and offmap scouting and bombing support.

Medic drop: Worth it nearly every time. Picking up one of the packs is enough to heal and buff all nearby squads, so you don't need to move your Pak/MG to heal/buff them.
Supply drop: Very interesting. Especially 150 munitions is huge, allowing to go for more unit upgrades in exchange for some manpower.
Recon run: nothing new, like it.
Flame bombing run: Not convinced about this one, but I guess it is just situational.
Stuka dive bomb: Great!

I have to play around with this some more but it feels like this could be an interesting counter to Soviet Industry, first getting Panzerschrecks and then skipping to Panthers.
19 Nov 2013, 14:28 PM

Oh, does anyone know the buff effects for the medic drop? I didn't find much of anything in the ability files :(

Edit:
Thanks to Milkacow's help :thumbsup: here are the values and the location (\attrib\ebps\props\supply_drop_medical_supplies.json).

The buff and heal have a range of 25 and last for 30 seconds. The heal restores 27 health.
Buff for all infantry and HMG units: +17% armor, +17% accuracy (multiply_add).
Buff for all AT guns: +17% armor, +17% damage (multiply_add).
Buff for all mortars and artillery: +17% armor, +17% damage (multiply_add).

According to Milkacow, the effect stacks not only with other effects but also with itself (because it is set to not be exclusive and because of the multiply_add usage type), so you seem to be able to pick up all three for a +51% bonus but then you probably lose some of the healing power.
23 Nov 2013, 18:40 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I've been using this commander for the last few games that I've played and, so far, I'm loving it.
Is it my imagination, or does the incendiary bombing run overshoot? I think it always comes from the direction of your HQ (like frag bombs), and that you want to aim it a little bit in front of your target. Not sure how much randomness is involved in the spread.
23 Nov 2013, 19:52 PM

Incendiary bombing run feels very inaccurate but that is something also happening to other incendiary attacks... I don't think it is really good, the munitions can be spent on LMG42s or Stuka dive bomb instead.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 77
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment