Login

russian armor

Tips For Gaining Veterancy More Efficiently

27 Nov 2020, 01:47 AM

27 Nov 2020, 19:33 PM

Hello,

I am myself not very good at the game, so i would recommend waiting for better advice, but i will try anyway

"Are there any tips for gaining veterancy on units? For example, anything I should be mindful about"

From what i noticed, dealing damage to vehicles gives more veterancy than dealing damage to infantry, so use that to your advantage if you can (but don't focus too much on it, veterancy will come at one point anyway)

Is veterancy that important in this game?

In my opinion, veterancy is very important (keep in mind i'm not that good)
I'd say trying to kill a vet 2/3 unit with a non-vetted/vet1 one is dangerous if the units are supposed to be similar in effiency (unupgraded cons/grens for example)

On the other hand, a vet1 unit isn't that much more dangerous in a direct fight, because most of the time vet1 gives an ability and not a direct stat bonus
Keep in mind the ability can still be a danger (spamming tripwire flares with cons everywhere can be very effective but only works for vet1 conscripts, and if your ennemy walks in them)

Should I take the time to learn the different bonuses of every units? Why?

I would say learning them isn't important, but again i'm not really a good player so don't trust me.
I'd say some are still important to know, mostly for yourself.
For example, engineers get neat veterancy bonuses, like more repair speed (at vet 2 for most i think) and don't take additional damage while repairing (vet 3 for most?)

Again, this is all coming from a noob so i would recommend waiting for more experienced/informed players to answer
27 Nov 2020, 21:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2020, 19:33 PMcyre77
Hello,

I am myself not very good at the game, so i would recommend waiting for better advice, but i will try anyway

From what i noticed, dealing damage to vehicles gives more veterancy than dealing damage to infantry, so use that to your advantage if you can (but don't focus too much on it, veterancy will come at one point anyway)

In my opinion, veterancy is very important (keep in mind i'm not that good)
I'd say trying to kill a vet 2/3 unit with a non-vetted/vet1 one is dangerous if the units are supposed to be similar in effiency (unupgraded cons/grens for example)

On the other hand, a vet1 unit isn't that much more dangerous in a direct fight, because most of the time vet1 gives an ability and not a direct stat bonus
Keep in mind the ability can still be a danger (spamming tripwire flares with cons everywhere can be very effective but only works for vet1 conscripts, and if your ennemy walks in them)

I would say learning them isn't important, but again i'm not really a good player so don't trust me.
I'd say some are still important to know, mostly for yourself.
For example, engineers get neat veterancy bonuses, like more repair speed (at vet 2 for most i think) and don't take additional damage while repairing (vet 3 for most?)

Again, this is all coming from a noob so i would recommend waiting for more experienced/informed players to answer

No worries, thank you for your reply cyre77. Any advice is welcome, so I appreciate it.
29 Nov 2020, 18:11 PM

The benefits of veterancy can be very important. Take a look at these two guides for an idea:

https://www.coh2.org/guides/29892/the-company-of-heroes-2-veterancy-guide

https://www.coh2.org/guides/88945/the-coh2-ability-guide-mark-2-0

The second one is for abilities, as a lot of them require veterancy to unlock.
3 Dec 2020, 01:26 AM

For gaining Veterancy, I'd say its a lot about keeping your units on the field for as long as possible, taking good fights while avoiding bleeding through bad fights which means the unit will be out fighting more than it is healing and replenishing at base.

Veterancy is incredibly important especially for Infantry. Losing a vet 3 (or mainline for any faction is extremely difficult to recover from.
14 Dec 2020, 16:06 PM

It's useful to remember which abilities get unlocked at higher veterancy.
For the exact buffs, it's usually enough to see them as more efficient in combat than their non-veteran brothers.

Rule of thumb is, the more damage a units inflicts, the more experience it gets.
The more experienced a unit becomes, the more efficient it will get (becoming more resilient, hitting more accurate, repairing faster etc. => doing their job better)

If you want to put in a bit more time, it's good to learn what bonuses the units of your prefered faction get.
It will give you some additional ideas of what you can get out of a vet unit.

As an example, volks gain +7 sight range when in cover at Vet4.
A play that becomes more attractive now could be,to use them more defensively, to let them stay in cover to give sight for an mg, leig or just be warned sooner of an incoming attack and set an ambush, instead of using them to scout by moving them around.

The increased +24% construction rate on Sturms (+12% on Vet 3 and 4 respectively) might make setting a quick mine in enemy territory more attractive, as the mine being planted is less likely to be discovered.
14 Dec 2020, 18:21 PM

Hello,

Are there any tips for gaining veterancy on units? For example, anything I should be mindful about, good rule of thumbs, etc.

I know sending units to their near death to only retreat is not a good idea, since that just gives your opponent a ton of free veterancy.

Is veterancy that important in this game? Should I take the time to learn the different bonuses of every units? Why?

Thank you.

I won't go over what's already been said but will give you a little comparison to show the potential effects.

I'd say the (arguably) biggest demonstrator of the effects of Veterancy would be LMG Obers at vet II/III.

The veterancy's combat bonuses do not make it obvious the big difference it makes unless you are familiar with the way the system works behind the screen so to speak. Eg: Elite Allied infantry such as (2x)LMG Paratroopers can walk over most axis infantry even vetted and even Obers at vet 0. At vet II that easy fight people expect suddenly turns into dropping models all over the place and low hp models running away on retreat are in serious trouble. A pair of Vet III LMG Obers can stand up to 3 or even 4 2xBren vet III tommies blobbed and inflict comparable bleed. You try that scenario with vet 0 tommies (to say replace a massive loss) and those Obers will just walk over you.

If I had more time I would do a video but unfortunately cannot.

Not all veterancies have the same effect or scale so a vetIII does not necessarily counteract vet III on another unit. That -29% received accuracy means that the enemy needs (1/0.71) -1 => 40.8% more accuracy to counteract. Very few Allied squads get +40% accuracy, tommies get +20% and Riflemen +30%. Cons get +40% but you'll lose to vet 0 LMG Obers with those guys potentially. Conversely, a +40% accuracy has more than counteracted most allied RA bonuses from vet so they are in an even more dangerous situation than if it was vet 0 vs vet 0.

tl;dr I'd suggest learning the more commonly used unit veterancies so you are less likely to be caught off guard.
30 Dec 2020, 02:49 AM

If you have a choice on grenade user, try using the one that is rookie as ammo use can help you gain veterancy faster while veteran unit is better left shooting with his better accuracy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★