Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] OKW Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (27)down
14 Jan 2021, 12:33 PM

Not about balance mod,just idea,could remove flak emplacement weapon crew HP,just like UKF Bofos,only can be destory ,can't be neutral by kill crew,and add self destructive like PAK43?
14 Jan 2021, 14:06 PM

Pip
14 Jan 2021, 14:07 PM

Stuka zu fuss nerf when

Does it need a nerf? If so: Why?
14 Jan 2021, 14:19 PM

Stuka zu fuss nerf when

Any specifics? If it's the laser guided munitions, they tried scatter in the past and somehow made it even more OP. (I have no idea how :help: )

Stuka did get nerfed this patch, along with all the rocket arty.
14 Jan 2021, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2021, 14:07 PMPip

Does it need a nerf? If so: Why?

It's ridiculous strong in team games
I really dont know why okw still have it without commander.
Just replace it with mortar halftruck already..
Just watch last "Elite" 4v4 tightrope cast
Pip
14 Jan 2021, 14:38 PM

A mortar HT isnt comparable to rocket artillery.
14 Jan 2021, 14:41 PM

On one hand, OKW would be much less powerful late game in team games. On the other, they would be much stronger in 1v1s.

It's a difficult balance. One one hand stuka is irreplaceable and a must have in 2v2+. On the other, it's extremely situational in 1v1s. What to do?

If anything, that cast showed what a shitfest 4v4 is. If you don't close the game early on and if you do not pick certain commanders... 99% chance that you lose as the game progresses... especially on a map like redball. No elefant/jagd/KT/ISU152? No win for you. Late game, OKW will always dominate with a steady and careful KT play. And if you mass TDs, then obers and volks overwhelm you. Point being. Impossible to balance around all modes. Just don't play 4v4.

EDIT: since people misinterpret irreplaceable... I mean a must have. Not that it cannot be replaced by some other unit.
14 Jan 2021, 14:46 PM

On one hand, OKW would be much less powerful late game in team games. On the other, they would be much stronger in 1v1s.

It's a difficult balance. One one hand stuka is irreplaceable and a must have in 2v2+. On the other, it's extremely situational in 1v1s. What to do?

irreplaceable?
They already have mobile premium mortar its more than brits have lol.
14 Jan 2021, 14:47 PM

That match was on Red Ball Express which is a really bad map.
14 Jan 2021, 14:48 PM

Axis Ball Express is a really bad map.

Fixed it for you! :clap:

Or might I suggest 'Vet III Elephant Express' or 'Jagdtiger Shooting Gallery'? 'LEFH central'? 'Xenarra's Revenge'? (Obers)
14 Jan 2021, 20:53 PM

Any specifics? If it's the laser guided munitions, they tried scatter in the past and somehow made it even more OP. (I have no idea how :help: )

Make the Rockets hit in a Wide circle area randomly, So its good at saturating areas but not at wiping entire defense lines because it can fire in straight lines, and then it couldnt also retreat path wipe that is always been bs to begin with as on most maps its super predictable.
14 Jan 2021, 20:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2021, 20:53 PMRocket

Make the Rockets hit in a Wide circle area randomly, So its good at saturating areas but not at wiping entire defense lines because it can fire in straight lines, and then it couldnt also retreat path wipe that is always been bs to begin with as on most maps its super predictable.

Retreat path wipes are only when you blob at lot, and mostly in teamgames. Making stuka scatter would make it even more deadly because when you see the first 2 shells, you can guess where the rest land. Scatter would make it downright OP considering it has huge AOE, high damage. Imagine bombarding the enemy lines with such a nukeworthy weapon.
14 Jan 2021, 21:00 PM

It probably made it too good against normal infantry (like non-support weapons i mean) The stuka isn't bad against infantry now but scatter can actually help with groups of infantry since they aren't uniform shape and can retreat instantly

The "laser guided" part makes it easier to dodge stuka rockets for squads but really difficult to avoid with support weapons that have to pack up
14 Jan 2021, 21:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2021, 20:53 PMRocket

So basically a Pzwerfer available early? :faint:

Weapons team spam is generally a bad idea and tbh it being punished by a stuka should happen imho. Straight lines also make it dodgeable where as a pzwerfer can't rly be dodged unless the target is very obvious and not a weapons team.

In fairness, the retreat path wipe requires some high skill levels to time it just right to have them run into it or the rockets will mostly miss.

It probably made it too good against normal infantry (like non-support weapons i mean) The stuka isn't bad against infantry now but scatter can actually help with groups of infantry since they aren't uniform shape and can retreat instantly

The "laser guided" part makes it easier to dodge stuka rockets for squads but really difficult to avoid with support weapons that have to pack up

Ah right, thanks. Yeah, very often there's a model or two just to the side of the path and thus the squad survives. I can see a bit of scatter in the right direction being a killer :faint:

Support weapons have always been good targets for arty (except maybe insta unpack stuff), I'd say working as intended.
14 Jan 2021, 21:08 PM

Ah right, thanks. Yeah, very often there's a model or two just to the side of the path and thus the squad survives. I can see a bit of scatter in the right direction being a killer :faint:

Support weapons have always been good targets for arty (except maybe insta unpack stuff), I'd say working as intended.

Yeah I think the balance of the stuka is actually perfect. IMO complaints about it stopped being legit once they made it die in 1 shot
15 Jan 2021, 04:46 AM

Can u explain to me how it nerfed and in which area? because it really doesn't need a nerf, it is easy to dudg, and it is the only
OKW answer against blobs, actually its need a buff not a nerf.
15 Jan 2021, 07:31 AM

They delete last okw weakness - healing option.
With easy access to healing 6min stuka gonna be way more potent than now.
Just pop out stuka buy medics, blob and win.
With this patch okw gonna be even more braindead faction with answer for everything.
Meantime brits got late game mortar shells cute xd.
15 Jan 2021, 08:53 AM

They delete last okw weakness - healing option.
With easy access to healing 6min stuka gonna be way more potent than now.
Just pop out stuka buy medics, blob and win.
With this patch okw gonna be even more braindead faction with answer for everything.
Meantime brits got late game mortar shells cute xd.

Actually it is the opposite of what u said, now OKW can go to mgs and lelgs more easily which encourage more diverse builds and not just spamming infantry, blobing actually is a bad tactic that all Allied factions can do except the British I guess.
Stuka in the right place and maybe need a buff not a nerf, and it only punish bad blobbers who don't know how to dodge.

for the healing all factions have easier healing so what is the thing u are arguing about?
15 Jan 2021, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2021, 04:46 AMOlfin

Can u explain to me how it nerfed and in which area? because it really doesn't need a nerf, it is easy to dudg, and it is the only
OKW answer against blobs, actually its need a buff not a nerf.

From the v1 change, first post of this thread. It was part of a global themed change to all rocket arty to nerf their power levels and make them less activation spammy. And improve their utility features. Pzwerfer, Katy and CalliOP got changed as well. Land Mattress got a fix to its vet II but that thing was hardly difficult to decrew.

Added in later:

EDIT: Do I think it was necessary? *shrugs* It might be better against blobs now, with the vet I napalm rockets o'doom. Won't change how I usually play lategame which is 3-4 squads vs 2 Obers and bleed the former to death.

SPGs weren't changed, but neither was CB LEFH so it's a difficult call.
15 Jan 2021, 15:27 PM

From the v1 change, first post of this thread. It was part of a global themed change to all rocket arty to nerf their power levels and make them less activation spammy. And improve their utility features. Pzwerfer, Katy and CalliOP got changed as well. Land Mattress got a fix to its vet II but that thing was hardly difficult to decrew.

Thanks, but I thought this is a buff not a nerf, can u explain to me how this is a nerf?
note: "I think the changes to Napalm Rocket ability is the right thing to do because the Stuka take so much time to reach vet 4."

Added in later:

Yeah I remember this, but since it only affect emplacements and vehicles, I am ok with that.

PAGES (27)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight