Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] General Discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (44)down
6 Jan 2021, 17:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Okay i shoudnt have brought up specific units. This doesnt help answer my question

Then does higher rof high on any tank or td gun ofset worse scatter?

I'd say yes. What counts in the end is damage done, and raw volume of fire will help in that case.
On a single shot level, high scatter is obviously bad.
But as Vipper said, in the case of TDs there are few misses anyway as long as the TD is stationary.
6 Jan 2021, 17:50 PM

Okay both hannibal and vipper thanks for the clarification.
Pip
6 Jan 2021, 17:59 PM

Im surprised commenting that "I like the Jagdpanzer a lot, even if it seems to have a lot of scatter" caused a page worth of argumentation.
6 Jan 2021, 18:24 PM

Okay both hannibal and vipper thanks for the clarification.

You are welcomed.
6 Jan 2021, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2021, 17:59 PMPip
Im surprised commenting that "I like the Jagdpanzer a lot, even if it seems to have a lot of scatter" caused a page worth of argumentation.

Its an under used though great unit. That probably why in my case at least.
7 Jan 2021, 15:19 PM

Remove the default prioritize vehicles. You’ve completely fucked the interface. I played 2 patch games and I couldn’t tell if they were on prioritize vehicle or not after switching out of it with the prioritize vehicles icon being switched over to attack everything.
Pip
7 Jan 2021, 15:28 PM

Remove the default prioritize vehicles. You’ve completely fucked the interface. I played 2 patch games and I couldn’t tell if they were on prioritize vehicle or not after switching out of it with the prioritize vehicles icon being switched over to attack everything.

It just needs the UI fixing, not that this (Objectively better for newer players) prioritisation be reverted.
7 Jan 2021, 17:29 PM

You don't just ditch a good idea after a slight setback, so unless you're a modder that tested every solution you shouldn't suggest removal.

It's totally possible to just set the vehicle prioritization icon as the default icon, which is likely how we will solve this.
7 Jan 2021, 17:30 PM

You don't just ditch a good idea after a slight setback, so unless you're a modder that tested every solution you shouldn't suggest removal.

It's totally possible to just set the vehicle prioritization icon as the default icon, which is likely how we will solve this.

That also works, just make it exactly like now, but have prioritize vehicle on live be the default.

I got confused af yesterday trying it out.
7 Jan 2021, 18:13 PM

For clarity: I meant the floating icon.
Pip
7 Jan 2021, 18:14 PM

For clarity: I meant the floating icon.

It would be nice if solutions other than floating icons could be used for CoH3. They look kind of awful.
7 Jan 2021, 21:27 PM

Its an under used though great unit. That probably why in my case at least.

I think it has to with it sucking against heavy tanks. As a medium-hunter its stellar but basically useless against heavier armor. The Panther on the other hand is able to push back both kinds of armor.
Pip
7 Jan 2021, 21:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2021, 21:27 PMSpoof

I think it has to with it sucking against heavy tanks. As a medium-hunter its stellar but basically useless against heavier armor. The Panther on the other hand is able to push back both kinds of armor.

This is pretty much why i almost always pick Elite Armoured for the HEAT rounds.
7 Jan 2021, 22:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2021, 21:46 PMPip

This is pretty much why i almost always pick Elite Armoured for the HEAT rounds.

Elite Armored Puma is the best TD.
Pip
7 Jan 2021, 22:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2021, 22:08 PMSpoof

Elite Armored Puma is the best TD.

This is also true. I often feel as though i "must" go Battlegroup in team games for the healing/FRP (Which I play when i haven't got a partner for 2v2), so i don't often have a Puma.
7 Jan 2021, 22:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2021, 21:27 PMSpoof

Its like a vicious circle, allies build less mediums the bigger the game goes cuz of the panther hard countering those, hence there is no point in building japzr4 because allies go td or heavy because of the panthers.

A few years back panther had low rof of about 9 seconds to have it be less good vs mediums. Now its rof is about medium tank rof and its good at countering both heavy and medium armour, and jagpz4 got pushed aside.
7 Jan 2021, 23:32 PM

Its like a vicious circle, allies build less mediums the bigger the game goes cuz of the panther hard countering those, hence there is no point in building japzr4 because allies go td or heavy because of the panthers.

A few years back panther had low rof of about 9 seconds to have it be less good vs mediums. Now its rof is about medium tank rof and its good at countering both heavy and medium armour, and jagpz4 got pushed aside.

JP4 counters allied TDs hard with it's low target size, high ROF and enough penetration for all but the heavies allied vehicles (300+ armour). I actually see plenty of JP4s in teamgames. Late game panther spam is, from my experience, an Ostheer made problem to deal with. Not to say that OKW players don't build Panthers, just JP4s seem a safer choice on most maps.
8 Jan 2021, 00:38 AM

If aim vehicle be all TD and AT default model,could remove default UI on unit plz?
8 Jan 2021, 08:13 AM

That is no very accurate description:
A) JP was moved from T1 to T4 without nay discount and has received several nerfs since then

B)OKW had 6.3 reload not 9 but it also used to have 0.65 moving accuracy an used to gain range with vet.

C) M36 become better vs mediums with the higher ROF and SU-85 become better vs heavies

So yea it is vicious circle but not exactly the way you mean.
8 Jan 2021, 08:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jan 2021, 08:13 AMVipper

That is no very accurate description:
A) JP was moved from T1 to T4 without nay discount and has received several nerfs since then

B)OKW had 6.3 reload not 9 but it also used to have 0.65 moving accuracy an used to gain range with vet.

C) M36 become better vs mediums with the higher ROF and SU-85 become better vs heavies

So yea it is vicious circle but not exactly the way you mean.

I thouhgt okw panther also had 9 secs reload before but i was mistaken.

But in the end allies dont go meds in bigger games because how much better the panther is and recource inflation allows them to come at the same time and easely be replaced if lost. In turn allied td's make axis mediums redundant but keep panthers and tiger/kt in check.
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight