Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] General Discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (44)down
27 Dec 2020, 21:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Is there anything that could be done about grenade warnings?
Because i feel like its still happening a lot of times that my squad gives the warning way too late or not at all.

Not at all might be an exagregation, not sure anymore about my last matches.

It gets worst the more players you add into the match and the longer you are playing (as there are more sounds queues in general).
27 Dec 2020, 23:43 PM

A fix for CoH3
30 Dec 2020, 10:54 AM

Kubel still cant repair critical damages on its own at vet3. Is technically possible to fix it?
BTW, vet2 mobility bonus is not much useful for an already nimble wagen. What if we replace vet2 with vet4 bonuses, which improves its combat performance a little bit? As for OKW, vet4 and vet5 are kinda bonuses, while main combat gains are scheduled for vet2 and vet3.
31 Dec 2020, 03:35 AM

they should make the suppression come earlier on the kubel imho, a vet 5 kubel late game is usually a liability
31 Dec 2020, 17:14 PM

Could the balance team tke a good look at spotting and sight ranges across the factions?

Seems the trend is to blind the aliies and UKF in particular, which is unsustainable given the static nature of emplacements and the lack of non doc mobile artillery.

Can't say I'm familiar with every single one of the Allied commanders though the Soviets seem to get good vision abilities stock.

What though of strategic recon into the fog of war? The Axis certainly get flares and whatnot, along with ridiculous sight ranges on many of their vehicles with or without spotting scopes.

Without both strategic and tactical recon indirect fire such as from leigs becomes uncounterable.

If you can't see then you can't fight, which probably goes some way to explaining the Axis bias in results, particularly when IDF is in abundance.

I would suggest that...

All medium tanks are normalised at 35 sight range, therefore requiring combined arms for spotting where their ranges are longer.

Heavy tanks have lower values, the heavier the armour the lower the sight value, i.e. they ideally need to be supported by infantry.

Realistically the heavier armoured vehicles would have significantly less situational awareness compared to light or open topped ones.

31 Dec 2020, 17:26 PM

Seems the trend is to blind the aliies and UKF in particular

UKF pretty much has more sight options than any other faction. Vet 1 for IS gives +10 sight range in cover, Pyrotechnics upgrade gives +7 sight, Assault Officer has a vet 1 recon plane, the AEC has 50 sight (at vet 2 after patch), they have a sniper (up to 54 sight), Tank Commander upgrade with +10 sight range on almost all tanks, a flare ability on the 17 Pounder, the Valentine Observation Mode with sight of up to 63 range, a ton of recon abilities in commanders, and Commandos to scout with from camouflage.
31 Dec 2020, 17:59 PM

UKF pretty much has more sight options than any other faction. Vet 1 for IS gives +10 sight range in cover, Pyrotechnics upgrade gives +7 sight, Assault Officer has a vet 1 recon plane, the AEC has 50 sight (at vet 2 after patch), they have a sniper (up to 54 sight), Tank Commander upgrade with +10 sight range on almost all tanks, a flare ability on the 17 Pounder, the Valentine Observation Mode with sight of up to 63 range, a ton of recon abilities in commanders, and Commandos to scout with from camouflage.

Almost all of which are on either infantry or light forces, which is as it should be.

Though as for recon into the fog of war... The recon plane is shot down making it a waste of munitions ( used to be a free ability on the commnd vehicle though generally lasted about 15 seconds). Flare from the 17 pdr only reaches it's perimeter... Lord knows who thought that piece of trash needed a nerf! Sniper's sight is being nerfed... Despite them supposedly being a light vehicle counter... That isn't going to work.

What is lacking is non doc recon into the fog of war, which is essential given static emplacements. Otherwise you can just park leigs, stukas etc and shell to your hearts content. The only possible counterplay is doctrinal.

Good spotting should be for infantry and light vehicles across all factions, not 50 tonne tanks or semi mobile pillboxes. Hence combined arms is required to use the heavy stuff.

1 Jan 2021, 06:09 AM

Almost all of which are on either infantry or light forces, which is as it should be.

Though as for recon into the fog of war... The recon plane is shot down making it a waste of munitions ( used to be a free ability on the commnd vehicle though generally lasted about 15 seconds). Flare from the 17 pdr only reaches it's perimeter... Lord knows who thought that piece of trash needed a nerf! Sniper's sight is being nerfed... Despite them supposedly being a light vehicle counter... That isn't going to work.

What is lacking is non doc recon into the fog of war, which is essential given static emplacements. Otherwise you can just park leigs, stukas etc and shell to your hearts content. The only possible counterplay is doctrinal.

Good spotting should be for infantry and light vehicles across all factions, not 50 tonne tanks or semi mobile pillboxes. Hence combined arms is required to use the heavy stuff.

if we're looking at this in a broad axis vs allies point then I couldn't disagree more, allies have the best anti aircraft in the game, a range of non doc recon, a whole slew of granted mostly doctrinal but good mobile and immobile arty and the longest ranged TD's in the game.

I still don't get the talk about removing scope as well, it's basically a must take for late game otherwise it's an ez gg in team games
1 Jan 2021, 15:15 PM

A little spoiler for y'all :D

(Don't mind the UI icons they haven't been updated yet)
1 Jan 2021, 16:24 PM

Wow, this could be the change that will make tanks like KV-1 and Churchill worth picking, it has always felt wrong that you couldn't protect your infantry by moving them behind such thanks. This could be one of the most impactful changes for gameplay overall, and definitely one taht will feel super natural and good.
MMX
1 Jan 2021, 16:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2021, 16:24 PMDharx

Wow, this could be the change that will make tanks like KV-1 and Churchill worth picking, it has always felt wrong that you couldn't protect your infantry by moving them behind such thanks. This could be one of the most impactful changes for gameplay overall, and definitely one taht will feel super natural and good.

i don't quite get what you mean, but i thought this was more about prioritize vehicle not resetting after you exit and reenter?
1 Jan 2021, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2021, 16:39 PMMMX
i don't quite get what you mean, but i thought this was more about prioritize vehicle not resetting after you exit and reenter?

Yes, this is about giving all TDs and ATGs vehicle prioritization by default (so upon spawning and recrewing) next.
MMX
1 Jan 2021, 16:49 PM

Yes, this is about giving all TDs and ATGs vehicle prioritization by default (so upon spawning and recrewing) next.

awesome QoL change btw, thanks a lot for this!
1 Jan 2021, 17:12 PM

Ah, I thought this was about adding green cover to crewed vehicles.
1 Jan 2021, 17:15 PM

That's fantastic! A very excellent change that will improve the game significantly. If it's default will this fix the rakk shooting infantry when in buildings too? Because that would be the cherry on top
1 Jan 2021, 17:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2021, 17:12 PMDharx

Thats in the game for like... ever? :P
1 Jan 2021, 17:47 PM

Thats in the game for like... ever? :P

Really? I can't check it right now, but I'd swear I've never been able to make use of that... And I've been playing this game since pre-release. Welp, apparently I'm a turd :D
1 Jan 2021, 17:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2021, 17:47 PMDharx

Really? I can't check it right now, but I'd swear I've never been able to make use of that... And I've been playing this game since pre-release. Welp, apparently I'm a turd :D

I can verify. As a USF player, each time I jump out of the vehicle, the crew can hug it for green cover. Any side of the tank or vehicle. Sometimes it doesn't work though. Rarely
1 Jan 2021, 18:15 PM

That's fantastic! A very excellent change that will improve the game significantly. If it's default will this fix the rakk shooting infantry when in buildings too? Because that would be the cherry on top

Miragefla is still working on vehicle priority for handheld AT. I don't think the Raketen's vehicle priority in garrisons can be fixed though. The refacing mechanic/order (which it uses to turn to another side of the building as a team weapon) seems to always reset the priority setting.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2021, 17:12 PMDharx

Vehicles have always provided heavy cover to infantry. They need to be stationary. Though due to the game's mechanics (vehicles pushing away infantry at the slightest movement) and gameplay (vehicles need to keep moving or they're dead) the mechanic is next to useless, sadly.
2 Jan 2021, 01:19 AM

A little spoiler for y'all :D

(Don't mind the UI icons they haven't been updated yet)
finally the technology is there, thanks u guys
PAGES (44)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

New Zealand 52
unknown 18
Germany 15
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W