Login

russian armor

Will they address Panzergrens in the new patch?

PAGES (16)down
5 Jan 2021, 22:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just invised a whole page of offtopic discussion...
The next person posting about KV1, Command P4s and whatnot gets at least a 3 day ban
6 Jan 2021, 08:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2021, 17:56 PMgbem

because the zis gun is integral to soviet lategame play...
1. barrage can disloge team weapons and control blobs...
2. as with all facs AT guns are required to repel medium armor... AT infantry will not suffice unless you are some 4v4 player... AT walls are very much meta is any gamemode for a good reason...

maybe you would actually be aware of these if you actually played the soviets...

Nice to be so easy to get AT-gun that can handle MG's go play some other faction and then you might actually have to learn that AT-gun is only against vehicles. And you here complaining life is hard for soviets, give me a break =)
6 Jan 2021, 09:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2021, 08:52 AMThamor

Nice to be so easy to get AT-gun that can handle MG's go play some other faction and then you might actually have to learn that AT-gun is only against vehicles. And you here complaining life is hard for soviets, give me a break =)

He has a point, the zis is more important then others factions atguns are to them.
All other factions get either ai upgrades or nades or both to deal with weapon team/inf besides mortars.
soviets just get bodies to throw at them if the zis didnt have it barrage ability. molly satchal are way to forgiving in time range and or damage.
6 Jan 2021, 09:37 AM

He has a point, the zis is more important then others factions atguns are to them.
All other factions get either ai upgrades or nades or both to deal with weapon team/inf besides mortars.
soviets just get bodies to throw at them if the zis didnt have it barrage ability. molly satchal are way to forgiving in time range and or damage.

My only point was that even earlier he was complaining of having to build that T2 building to get AT-gun, almost every match OST have to get T2 anyway too build, so the cost difference isn't there. One of the strong points soviet units is that they have so good extra abilities coming with them that they can impact the game instantly, because they aren't just one thing counter unit. Easiest example is Zis gun which is all purpose gun, because of it's barrage ability. Panzergrenadiers aren't that strong they need nerfing on their coming to play, it's a thing that soviet player has to account for in the early-mid game.
6 Jan 2021, 10:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2021, 09:37 AMThamor

My only point was that even earlier he was complaining of having to build that T2 building to get AT-gun, almost every match OST have to get T2 anyway too build, so the cost difference isn't there. One of the strong points soviet units is that they have so good extra abilities coming with them that they can impact the game instantly, because they aren't just one thing counter unit. Easiest example is Zis gun which is all purpose gun, because of it's barrage ability. Panzergrenadiers aren't that strong they need nerfing on their coming to play, it's a thing that soviet player has to account for in the early-mid game.

The t70 comes late because ost has trouble dealing with it, even though in terms of at power the pak 40 is supirior as well as the shreck is suprior to the prts. Now ost should account for a t70 at the same time as the 251 hit the field? no they dont and neither should soviets for pgrens.

I believe pgrens come to early, they are much more leathal then penals are to grens, grens also have a better mg's to help control strong infantry as well as ai upgrades. soviets do not this has to be taken into account.

6 Jan 2021, 17:50 PM

the most important fact here is that SOV T2 has no way of controlling pgrens... not unless you buy the DSHK (doctrinal) or if the maxim gets fixed...
6 Jan 2021, 17:53 PM

Right now in patch its possible with the maxim, but you have to poor muni into the maxim and have it setup in advance.
6 Jan 2021, 17:55 PM

Right now in patch its possible with the maxim, but you have to poor muni into the maxim and have it setup in advance.

they should just make the maxim 4/5 man and give it mg34/vickers suppression
6 Jan 2021, 18:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2021, 17:55 PMgbem

they should just make the maxim 4/5 man and give it mg34/vickers suppression

I think bundles mortars tiger kt and even p4's will wipe it to easy. I dont think the increased suppression wil help that much when going 5 or 4 men

The mg 42 and 43 survive quite well vs soviets because they dont wipe as hard and as much in an instant.
6 Jan 2021, 18:43 PM

I think bundles mortars tiger kt and even p4's will wipe it to easy. I dont think the increased suppression wil help that much when going 5 or 4 men

The mg 42 and 43 survive quite well vs soviets because they dont wipe as hard and as much in an instant.

50s/vickers are fine against axis soo id say its a decent idea to try...
6 Jan 2021, 19:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2021, 18:43 PMgbem

50s/vickers are fine against axis soo id say its a decent idea to try...

Yes ofcource i might be wrong, now we are on it i do not put more then 4 men on my captured mg 42, for popcap reasons mostly. And it survives the game and my maxim usualy doesnt.

PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight