Login

russian armor

Future Balance Items by Relic

PAGES (22)down
21 Nov 2013, 14:22 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2013, 14:12 PMGreeb
Well Nullist, he can use your logic and say that he sees a lot of 1vs1 replays, so he's an expert in the subject now.

But then I would have been, right, again, eh? ;)
He specifically said that watching replays/streams was NOT valid.

4 win streak going btw! LOVIN' SOV!

By the end of today not only will I have played more Sov 1v1 than he has, but I will also have a better W/L ratio than he has at it too.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!
21 Nov 2013, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2013, 14:22 PMNullist

By the end of today not only will I have played more Sov 1v1 than he has, but I will also have a better W/L ratio than he has at it too.

And still it won't mean anything.

Playercards are the gaming simile of measuring your dicks. It doesn't prove anything, just who of you is more childish.

The only thing people ask for is that you have plenty games in each faction to be entitled to talk about balance. Nobody gives a shit about killstreaks or ratios.
21 Nov 2013, 15:09 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2013, 14:56 PMGreeb

And still it won't mean anything.

Playercards are the gaming simile of measuring your dicks. It doesn't prove anything, just who of you is more childish.

Unfortunately many do.

Many people even here on CoH2.org are of the opinion that playercard>ontopic posts.
See it everyday.

Including Oz and many others who have attacked me on the basis of my playercard instead, when they cant rationally respond or argue my balance posts.

Personally, I dont care whether someone has 1 or 1 million wins on one or both factions.
If their input is good, I take it at that face value, not based on their playercard, as unfortunately a few jackasses around here seem to prefer to do.
21 Nov 2013, 16:19 PM

They attack you because you keep talking about balance without having played a whole faction.

You ignore barely 50% of the game.
Seeing replays or streams is not equal to actually playing the game.

So, if you want to be entitled to talk about balance and having people recognizing your insight in the matter, you should play both factions equally.
Whitout doing that you will always be considered one of these fanboys that you hate so much.

21 Nov 2013, 16:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2013, 02:54 AMCieZ
Building things slower doesn't actually increase the timing of a T-70 hitting the field. It only reduces the amount of time that the combat engineers have to spend in base building, which still isn't very long. I'd much rather see some form of a change that would delay the initial T-70. Currently they can be chasing off your gren squads before Schrecks or PaKs are even out.

I never thought of it that way. I also, agree that T70 comes too quickly. I had one out on me at the 6:00 mark in the game shooting at my gren! Which, btw I decap his fuel for about 30secs in that 6mins.

My build was gren, mg, gren, tier 2, tier 2 building and pak. The pak was at 30% when his t70 was attacking me. I don't know what else to do as what i did was pretty minimum and getting to pak asap.
21 Nov 2013, 16:36 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2013, 16:19 PMGreeb
They attack you because you keep talking about balance without having played a whole faction.

You ignore barely 50% of the game.
Seeing replays or streams is not equal to actually playing the game.

So, if you want to be entitled to talk about balance and having people recognizing your insight in the matter, you should play both factions equally.
Whitout doing that you will always be considered one of these fanboys that you hate so much.

Well, Im playing Sov now, so thats not an issue anymore.

Is this your playercard btw?
http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197999413474
21 Nov 2013, 17:06 PM

Actually this post wasn't contructive at all and I also was hijacking the OP. Nevermind. I'll just message the person I wanted to reply to personally.
21 Nov 2013, 17:33 PM

so the sov. industry commander gives the equivalent of SIX fuel OPs. Is that not insane? please reduce this Relic.
21 Nov 2013, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2013, 17:33 PMakula
so the sov. industry commander gives the equivalent of SIX fuel OPs. Is that not insane? please reduce this Relic.

it actually only gives 13 fuel per minute. its actually only 4 and 1/3 fuel caches since each cache is 3 fuel income. that also has the drawback of losing 65 manpower income per minute, which is very noticeable and hurts the amount of infantry you can build and reinforce. its like having the upkeep of an extra 44 population the entire game.

not saying i think its entirely balanced though.
21 Nov 2013, 18:07 PM

sorry you are correct. I think it should be 3 and 1/3rd maybe that would be closer to balanced?
21 Nov 2013, 18:27 PM

just ran into the tiger ace again,
after a long-fought very tight game that might have been leaning in the ostheer players favor.

When tiger ace pops out in a tight game, it basically ends it. My new solution would be to force the ostheer player to call it in a minute or more before it arrives, cutting income off before the unit hits, and making the decision not so obvious as to its appropriateness in a given situation..

if that were done I would be fine with command points as they stand.

21 Nov 2013, 18:28 PM
21 Nov 2013, 19:06 PM
Patrion 15

Not sure about scatter. I agree with the proposed changes to tiger ace and soviet industry. The soviet industry however needs to be hit with the nerfhammer a bit harder imo.

I think one of the biggest issues with Soviet Industry is not being able to properly prepare for it. Currently there is no way to gather the knowledge required to even know if your opponent has chosen Soviet Industry until the T70 is already out. There needs to be a reliable way to identify that a massive armor spam is inc so the German player can prepare before its too late.

Also, I don't think the T70 needs a nerf, it just shows up too early. If you nerf the T70 because of the SI doctrine, you are making T3 a weaker and less intriguing choice for every single other doctrine. How does relic plan on balancing a unit that can show up on the field at either 5 minutes, or 8-10, depending on the doctrine choice?
21 Nov 2013, 19:25 PM

I think one of the biggest issues with Soviet Industry is not being able to properly prepare for it. Currently there is no way to gather the knowledge required to even know if your opponent has chosen Soviet Industry until the T70 is already out. There needs to be a reliable way to identify that a massive armor spam is inc so the German player can prepare before its too late.

Also, I don't think the T70 needs a nerf, it just shows up too early. If you nerf the T70 because of the SI doctrine, you are making T3 a weaker and less intriguing choice for every single other doctrine. How does relic plan on balancing a unit that can show up on the field at either 5 minutes, or 8-10, depending on the doctrine choice?

quite easy. give the industry a 7 min debuff called "hastened production". all vehicles produced during the debuff suffer a mild penality , beacause they were produced in a hurry. all vehicles produce beyond that are not affected :D
PAGES (22)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS