Login

russian armor

Why Relic Needs to Stop Listening to the Community

PAGES (7)down
Pip
25 Nov 2020, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2020, 04:46 AMgollo

This is the worst thing could happen to coh2, the day this happen I will play another generic RTS, this is why people bought coh1 and coh2, this is what make this game different from other RTS, funny, you say casuals, I am pretty sure of those 8k playing probably 6-7K are casuales or people that play may b 3-6 times peer week, what you said is like removing sync kills from DOW... guess what happened with dow3 ( total failure).

DOW3 failed because it got turned into a MOBA, not because it got less "Casual".
Pip
25 Nov 2020, 19:54 PM

+1000

Starcraft -> Not fun for casuals, but good esports game. You think vCoH and CoH2 were designed for competitive players? Relic made Impossible Creatures for crying out loud, they aren't esports designers. CoH isn't esports-ready and its wildly successfuly, I think that should be a sufficient argument.

Blizzard also made Rock n Roll Racing, is it supposed to be meaningful that Lelic previously created "not competitive" games?

Casual RTS do not maintain a playerbase, The various changes to make CoH less dicerolly have been incredibly positive changes. There's a REASON people still play Starcraft, and don't play Impossible Creatures.
25 Nov 2020, 20:03 PM

+1000

Starcraft -> Not fun for casuals, but good esports game. You think vCoH and CoH2 were designed for competitive players? Relic made Impossible Creatures for crying out loud, they aren't esports designers. CoH isn't esports-ready and its wildly successfuly, I think that should be a sufficient argument.

SC2 is plenty of fun for casuals. Tens of thousands of casuals are playing it. The argument doesn't hold water.
Pip
25 Nov 2020, 20:31 PM

SC2 is plenty of fun for casuals. Tens of thousands of casuals are playing it. The argument doesn't hold water.

This too.
25 Nov 2020, 21:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Guess what happens when you have a decent campaign, an amazing moddable arcade mode and you weekly support the cooperative mode.
26 Nov 2020, 18:16 PM

You know, I already know a lot of friends who left CoH2. And their motives are surprisingly similar, they all sound in a generalized way: The game has become worse, it feels like patches are made by some people who want their game. And it perfectly reflects the mood of the person you are quoting. You can agree or disagree, but people leave and leave with the same motives, they don't like where the patches lead.

I as well was part of the crowd that was against a lot of the changes geared towards the small competitive scene and still am, and I'm not talking about just balance changes here either, which was disliked by the larger more casual community.

However his remarks are a blatant attack on the community's efforts to at the very least keep the game alive and it's as if absolutely everything that the community team did was god awful which I think many of us here can agree that it wasn't the case.

I didn't mean Mr. History or Wehraboo in a condescending tone?? There's nothing wrong with loving the historical aspect of CoH2, in fact I think its good that a huge chunk of the gamers love the historical aspect. Leftist what? I think CoH2 does a pretty good job in balancing between history and fun unlike Men of War. No I don't think history lovers are nazis... and I am arguing in favor for the more casual community that Relic is targeting.

I'm actually arguing that the history lovers in the COH2 community is a larger portion than the competitive community that wants everything balanced. And they aren't very concerned about whether demo charges wipe squads

Regarding Mr. Designer, I'm not trying to change the game, I prefer it to be like how Relic had it on release pre-balance patches, not how the community wants it but how the designers originally had for CoH.

You made it sound like all of the "types" of people you listed were bad and nothing else but whatever I suppose.

As far as the game design goes, as I said the British are still plagued by Relic's design philosophy of a more passive and static Army that is lacking mobility and a lot of people don't want to play a turtle Army meant for other RTS games like Age of Empires for example in a game where mobility warfare is emphasized like here.

If it cannot move in this game, it will most likely die, very easily in fact. It's just a matter of time, that's all.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2020, 18:03 PMGiaA

I don't understand where you get your majority claim from. The player numbers actually point into the opposite direction.

Didn't you blame him for using a comrades meme earlier lol?

I didn't blame anyone of anything, I merely reminded him that the Soviets are not heroes like many here would like to believe and history proves of their atrocities.

It's just you trying to draw my words out of context.

I'm also still waiting on you to tell me where exactly I claim to speak for the majority of community from your last reply to me.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS