Login

russian armor

Chaos Kreig

15 Nov 2020, 20:24 PM

Seems like some people just discovered the thread on announcements. Gonna paste in the opening post.

https://www.coh2.org/news/106880/master-league-3-chaoskrieg-recap-and-onto-the-wc-2020

the ling is already included in OP :).
15 Nov 2020, 20:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What is the point of this thread?

Ask OP. He just copy paste (without sourcing who did it) the WR for a fun tournament with custom rules.

Maybe people don't check or discuss as much in "news" threads compared to the forum subsection. But not sure what is to be discussed in regards to a custom rules tournament.
15 Nov 2020, 20:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2020, 20:24 PMVipper

the ling is already included in OP :).

Cause i added. I think it was relevant for people to understand what Chaos Kreig was, as people might not skim through the thread reading every comment.
15 Nov 2020, 20:30 PM

At least now, with elchino7 adding critically missing context there is something more then random table.

Still, there is nothing to discuss and I have no idea why this even exists here and apparently vipper does not want to tell either.

Just lock this pointless troll thread and be done with it.
16 Nov 2020, 00:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2020, 20:30 PMKatitof
At least now, with elchino7 adding critically missing context there is something more then random table.

Still, there is nothing to discuss and I have no idea why this even exists here and apparently vipper does not want to tell either.

Just lock this pointless troll thread and be done with it.

That random table is art, you wouldn't get it.

16 Nov 2020, 11:23 AM

Sure, go back to the 500VP games with meta commanders and you’ll see it.

Although the stat where not available I am pretty sure that osttruppen where used by ostheer in allot of game that is a "meta" commander.

In addition osttruppen is an early commander since osttruppens lose value in late game and thus 250 ticker was actually an advantage for the commander.
16 Nov 2020, 12:35 PM

USF mechanized fit better the ChaosKrieg rules than Ostruppen and that's not a question of jeep vs ostruppen but a mid-tier transition from them.

You need the T4 and BrumB/Panther to fully support your Ostruppen transition while USF only need a pair of sherman. Thus USF able to close the game faster.

That's not a question of balance here but variation in powerspike for factions/commanders designed around 500vp matchs.

On a personal note, even if the idea felt more exiting at the beginning, it has been the most boring tournament to watch.
16 Nov 2020, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2020, 12:35 PMEsxile
USF mechanized fit better the ChaosKrieg rules than Ostruppen and that's not a question of jeep vs ostruppen but a mid-tier transition from them.

You need the T4 and BrumB/Panther to fully support your Ostruppen transition while USF only need a pair of sherman. Thus USF able to close the game faster.

That's not a question of balance here but variation in powerspike for factions/commanders designed around 500vp matchs.

On a personal note, even if the idea felt more exiting at the beginning, it has been the most boring tournament to watch.

No I can't say I agree. If ostrruppen "need" (which is debated) Brumbar/Panther it is because they they are not good after minute 5.

The fact that they where used in 250 VP tournament is a strong indication that the commander does provide an early advantage.
Actually what they seemed to "need" was 251/222 to support them.
16 Nov 2020, 13:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't want to focus solely on stats or make this an Osttruppen conversation, so rather some feedback to the tourney:

Overall I found it incredibly boring to watch. AE did a decent job of making it somewhat interesting and surely there were good moments, but the whole setup narrowed the commanders down to 1-2 per faction at best. And to be honest this was quite foreseeable, I really don't understand why this was the community's choice.
Additionally the setup suffered because most games were USF and OST with exactly the same playstyle in almost every game.

The only way I could see a repetition of this mode is with commander terminator setting, so that players are forced to choose different commanders (which for me was one of the best tourneys so far).
16 Nov 2020, 14:04 PM

Imo the whole “tournament niche” thing needs to go. Best maps, best commanders, best factions and fight it out.
16 Nov 2020, 14:20 PM

Imo the whole “tournament niche” thing needs to go. Best maps, best commanders, best factions and fight it out.

Plays a dirge for OKW death in tournaments lol
16 Nov 2020, 14:33 PM

Which is the best map?
What are the criteria?
16 Nov 2020, 15:08 PM

Commander Terminator = Great idea, lets do it again
250 VP mode = bad idea, pls never again.
Late game factions will never be used in such a format; commanders with early call-ins are super strong. Honestly, I really dont want to see it again.
16 Nov 2020, 15:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2020, 15:08 PMSmartie
250 VP mode = bad idea, pls never again.
Late game factions will never be used...

Late game factions will work if we only play the last 250 VP kappa

(sorry could not resist)

I fully agree with your post though.
16 Nov 2020, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2020, 14:33 PMVipper

Which is the best map?
What are the criteria?

Non-laney maps. Open maps. Maps with lower number of buildings around key points I guess. Generally the best maps are those that favor flanking and wide open battlefields as opposed to campy/lane-y areas.
16 Nov 2020, 15:24 PM

Non-laney maps. Open maps. Maps with lower number of buildings around key points I guess. Generally the best maps are those that favor flanking and wide open battlefields as opposed to campy/lane-y areas.

Lots of wide open areas are also not that great for gameplay. Many units like tigers and ppsh conscripts aren't made to only fight on large open areas.
16 Nov 2020, 16:07 PM

What is a good map is rather subjective. For example I'm sure a lot of good players would agree that open maps that allow flanking are better, yet the most popular 3v3 and 4v4 maps are the laney maps like Port of Hamburg and Red Ball Express, even on the highest levels. Even amongst the top 1v1 players the preference for maps varies wildly. There is no universal rule for a good map. All maps will always favour or disfavour certain factions or playstyles, and therefor favour or disfavour certain players, so it mostly comes down to personal preference what is a good map or not. The only way to really measure how good a map is, is simply by looking at how many people do like it as opposed to how many dislike it.

In regards to the latter, the newest 1v1 maps generally seem to be liked a lot so that's good news.
16 Nov 2020, 16:28 PM

Good maps: Crossroads, Mill road, Amilly Fields, Bayeux Assault, Nexus

In regards to the latter, the newest 1v1 maps generally seem to be liked a lot so that's good news.

Sure, though it’ll be kind of a moot point if the wrong maps are removed from automatch and the truly awful ones (arnhem, glider, etc) remain in the pool.
17 Nov 2020, 01:07 AM

What is a good map is rather subjective. For example I'm sure a lot of good players would agree that open maps that allow flanking are better, yet the most popular 3v3 and 4v4 maps are the laney maps like Port of Hamburg and Red Ball Express, even on the highest levels. Even amongst the top 1v1 players the preference for maps varies wildly. There is no universal rule for a good map. All maps will always favour or disfavour certain factions or playstyles, and therefor favour or disfavour certain players, so it mostly comes down to personal preference what is a good map or not. The only way to really measure how good a map is, is simply by looking at how many people do like it as opposed to how many dislike it.

Whiteball express is a much better map than all of those combined. Hamburger is down right horrible map. Redball is also bad, low flanking potential, lots of arty spam/elefant/ISU/jagdtiger potential. Just horrible map. Steppes is also a great map. Not gonna comment 1v1 since I consider 1v1 to be a BS mode and not that often in 2v2 to judge. (Whiteball is probably the best designed map there is)
17 Nov 2020, 04:02 AM

Whiteball express is a much better map than all of those combined. Hamburger is down right horrible map. Redball is also bad, low flanking potential, lots of arty spam/elefant/ISU/jagdtiger potential. Just horrible map. Steppes is also a great map. Not gonna comment 1v1 since I consider 1v1 to be a BS mode and not that often in 2v2 to judge. (Whiteball is probably the best designed map there is)

Not the right thread but I'll say my piece.

Whiteball is a nicely designed map. I much rather play on redball than Port of hamburge.

I'll go far to say that Port of hamburge gives me strong vibes of sittard summer, its absolutely horrible.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★