Login

russian armor

IL-2 Anti Tank Rocket Run

12 Nov 2020, 09:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2020, 07:59 AMgbem

while it does most certainly delete heavies... ripping off 90% of the hp is a bit inaccurate... as i tested on cheatmods it usually kills around 60-70% of the HP of a tiger even from the rear... it usually needs an SU-85 or some other AT unit to finish the kill...

Isn't that normal than? You spend munitions + tank and you need another tank to finish the job. I mean, it's a cheese strategy but I've seen KTs and Tigers get out with smoke, either because there were no supporting units with AT capability or the affected player smoked around the heavy tank. It's even more so since you really do need a high penetrating tank to finish off a KT. It's 375 armour will certainly mean that not every shot will penetrate at max range from SU85. Just my two cents.
12 Nov 2020, 10:50 AM

Isn't that normal than? You spend munitions + tank and you need another tank to finish the job. I mean, it's a cheese strategy but I've seen KTs and Tigers get out with smoke, either because there were no supporting units with AT capability or the affected player smoked around the heavy tank. It's even more so since you really do need a high penetrating tank to finish off a KT. It's 375 armour will certainly mean that not every shot will penetrate at max range from SU85. Just my two cents.

i can with certainty though say that the combo will delete a KT within 10 seconds of connecting ram... its insane
12 Nov 2020, 11:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2020, 10:50 AMgbem

i can with certainty though say that the combo will delete a KT within 10 seconds of connecting ram... its insane

That is a bit too fast..
12 Nov 2020, 11:24 AM

That is a bit too fast..

yeah just tested with cheatmods... the KT was killed 2 seconds after the stun abated... for a 5 second stun thats 7 seconds

specifically it takes 3 penetrating SU-85 shots to kill... if ram and the first shot are done at the same time this usually means that the KT will die at around a few seconds after the ram connects...
12 Nov 2020, 12:35 PM

Yes, maybe I'm a little overboard about the damage.

I mean according to their roles, KT at least can move ahead to open up a battle an take a few AT shot before retreating to heal, but if you do this that KT will surely deleted by that combo :loco: :lol:
12 Nov 2020, 12:49 PM

Yes, maybe I'm a little overboard about the damage.

I mean according to their roles, KT at least can move ahead to open up a battle an take a few AT shot before retreating to heal, but if you do this that KT will surely deleted by that combo :loco: :lol:

That's why you need to scout it out first. In 1v1 KT is not used because of obvious reasons. 2v2 it can be used and it synergizes well with scouting units or any sort of forward vision. Generally it's not the smartest thing to put your KT on the front line if you KNOW the enemy has that combo. It's a doctrinal combo so you won't always play against it but if you do know, don't put KT first.
The whole combo is RNG dependent but you do need to have smoke ready from your support gun if you are playing against that combo.
12 Nov 2020, 12:59 PM

That's why you need to scout it out first. In 1v1 KT is not used because of obvious reasons. 2v2 it can be used and it synergizes well with scouting units or any sort of forward vision. Generally it's not the smartest thing to put your KT on the front line if you KNOW the enemy has that combo. It's a doctrinal combo so you won't always play against it but if you do know, don't put KT first.
The whole combo is RNG dependent but you do need to have smoke ready from your support gun if you are playing against that combo.

My KT has commander on board and spearhead ability ON, so its vision is like scoped Elefant that always ON if you are moving. It can see SU-85 without SU-85 shot it, and if i move forward im not putting my KT on front lines without any support. i even dropped smoke from planes (its fast smoke) after that ram and still got deleted
12 Nov 2020, 20:53 PM

the issue with this is that 1 wrong move and youre kaputt... the KT is soo slow ive never seen one escape...
13 Nov 2020, 11:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2020, 20:53 PMgbem

the issue with this is that 1 wrong move and youre kaputt... the KT is soo slow ive never seen one escape...

I have seen a couple of them escape...but yeah, usually one wrong move and it's kaputt. Don't know how you could change it though. It's a doctrinal expensive combo that ends up with losing the T34. On one hand, it's fine to spend so much to destroy a KT, on the other, it could be a bit too fast of a loss.
13 Nov 2020, 15:19 PM

I think if Ram was adjusted so it didn't stun armor for so long that would go a long way towards making this ability more fair. It should honestly be a skillshot but I understand why the T-34/76 has Ram for utility purposes.
13 Nov 2020, 15:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2020, 15:19 PMClarity
I think if Ram was adjusted so it didn't stun armor for so long that would go a long way towards making this ability more fair. It should honestly be a skillshot but I understand why the T-34/76 has Ram for utility purposes.

As long as it wouldn't completely disable the tank, but just the gun and maybe engine crit instead of tracks off, sure.

Ability that literally suicides your unit should have a potent effect.
If that effect was to be diminished in any way, it should no longer be suicide ability either.
13 Nov 2020, 15:25 PM

It's way too lethal for its cost, combined with the ease of pulling off a successful ram makes it clearly OP.

Ideally, Ram should be a vet 1 ability that doesn't stun for so long to stop the swarm of cheap freshly made t34s from cheesing. This would also address the IL2 bombing from also over performing.
13 Nov 2020, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2020, 15:25 PMSully
It's way too lethal for its cost, combined with the ease of pulling off a successful ram makes it clearly OP.

Ideally, Ram should be a vet 1 ability that doesn't stun for so long to stop the swarm of cheap freshly made t34s from cheesing. This would also address the IL2 bombing from also over performing.
Agreed. The only difference should be that it is a vet1 ability.
14 Nov 2020, 03:35 AM

the T-34-76 is shitty without ram though... its the only half decent use for the unit soo removing it isnt a good idea unless its replaced with something else OR if the T-34-76 got buffed....
14 Nov 2020, 15:00 PM

76mm isn't bad. It's AI is great. It (and other armour) however would benifit from a much higher close pen so they are not useless against stronger tanks. Harder to use and generate risk, but not useless
14 Nov 2020, 16:41 PM

76mm isn't bad. It's AI is great. It (and other armour) however would benifit from a much higher close pen so they are not useless against stronger tanks. Harder to use and generate risk, but not useless

I am agree that t34 is not that bad. With that commander i always find them build 2 t34 to bully infantry or it can be use to execute the combo. t34 presence is already a threat :D
14 Nov 2020, 23:29 PM

I am agree that t34 is not that bad. With that commander i always find them build 2 t34 to bully infantry or it can be use to execute the combo. t34 presence is already a threat :D

while i dont think the T-34-76 is hot shit like the maxim i do think the unit is simply not worth it at the moment... it pays quite alot of AT performance while having equivalent AI to a panzer 4 with pintle... if i really wanted to put pain into infantry id just use the T-70 (or even a luchs for that matter)... no reason to use the T-34-76 outside of ram.... its essentially a beefier light tank with less DPS against infantry...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 67
unknown 20
Germany 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak