Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger OP AF

6 Nov 2020, 10:26 AM

Another meme OP axis unit, 1 hit SU85. Nerf plz :lolol:
6 Nov 2020, 10:44 AM

If you want to show something specific, you better be posting time stamps.

No one got time to waste looking for whatever made you freak out.
6 Nov 2020, 12:38 PM

Timestamp 48:45

SOV player was asleep and let the sturm derp it.

It's not OP, good unit that needs some coordination to use as OKW and respect with alertness to counter as allies.

It takes a lot of micro and distraction to actually get kills with it in higher levels games. But the fear/denial factor to blobs in the area still makes it useful.
6 Nov 2020, 12:56 PM

Considering the unit can't one-shot meds/TDs any more and has a long aiming time, that SU player could have easily gotten away on multiple counts. There's a reason it's rarely seen any more and it's not due to being stuck in one okayish doc.

(580dmg for a direct hit [0-1 range] but this thing can have rockets exploding prematurely on even the slightest bump in the ground :( )
6 Nov 2020, 13:00 PM

It is a Vet5 Sturmtiger, so it got the Vet4 extra range bonus. SU85 wasn't able to see it anymore.

So, whats the problem? Using scout units? Also the SU wasn't full hp.

Vet5 Stumtiger is allowed to have some fun. :P

6 Nov 2020, 13:16 PM

If you let the sturmtiger vet, you are pretty much Effed since it can shoot beyond the usual sight range. It's super devastating on such maps where you can easily shoot over sight blockers. Soviets should have won that game, but Sturmtiger practically won it solo. Heck, 2 ZiS guns shooting at it but just the huge (1280) HP pool just makes it laugh out loud at those shots. Fires it's shot and goes back to repair/reload. Sturmtiger is either OP, or it's not. Open maps Sturm is less desirable, maps such as that one, it's super OP.

The HP goes to 1440 on higher vet. Soviets were wrong to dig in vs it. They had IS2 and they played super passively. They dominated all game except when that sturm got vetted. Then, instead of pushing with IS2 and SU85 they went to camp. Sturm just ran in, fired it's shot (it can fire quite fast), and went back. Furthermore, the yellow one played guards and penals which is super expensive on the manpower, especially vs sturm. You can't play penals on that map vs double OKW with sturms. It will just bleed you dry. All in all, a good start, good mid game, terrible late game. OKW is probably the strongest late game faction and to play passively means death.

EDIT: Forgot to say that they also didn't try to flank at all. They just dug in on the middle and tried to wait it out. You can't do that vs 1400 hp nuke launcher, especially not with ZiS guns. Furthremore, they can have KT and Sturm at the same time which means you need to battle 2400 hp, high armour targets, which means you need to spend a lot of pop on AT which leaves you defenseless vs obers and volks. Poor lategame play by the soviets.
8 Nov 2020, 04:28 AM

It is a powerful unit but I don't think it's OP at all. It's one of those units that seems like it's OP because by the time it hits the field, if they can afford to call it in, you're likely losing ground anyway.
8 Nov 2020, 10:10 AM

Sturmtiger needs a rotation speed bonus. It's incredibly clunky to use.

Also I get really really mad when I aim it at an incoming blob perfectly and the shell explodes 5m away from the ST because there was a tiny fence in the way.
8 Nov 2020, 12:09 PM

Considering the unit can't one-shot meds/TDs any more and has a long aiming time, that SU player could have easily gotten away on multiple counts. There's a reason it's rarely seen any more and it's not due to being stuck in one okayish doc.

(580dmg for a direct hit [0-1 range] but this thing can have rockets exploding prematurely on even the slightest bump in the ground :( )

If that guy move his SU85 even for 1 centimetre from a center of circle he would survive the shot.

Dead TD is mainly a fault of a player not Sturmtiger being OP.
8 Nov 2020, 15:31 PM

Sturmtiger needs a rotation speed bonus. It's incredibly clunky to use.

Also I get really really mad when I aim it at an incoming blob perfectly and the shell explodes 5m away from the ST because there was a tiny fence in the way.

Sturmtiges has problems with height differences, shooting shorter than indicated.
8 Nov 2020, 17:10 PM

Sturmtiges has problems with height differences, shooting shorter than indicated.

It also has projectile collision, if there will be even 1 infantry model on its way, it'll explode on it.
8 Nov 2020, 17:36 PM

It also has projectile collision, if there will be even 1 infantry model on its way, it'll explode on it.

That is new for me, ok! :D
8 Nov 2020, 18:15 PM

Any replays to back up the claim?

As far as I know projectiles can not score collision hits with infatry entities.
8 Nov 2020, 18:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2020, 18:15 PMVipper

Any replays to back up the claim?

As far as I know projectiles can not score collision hits with infatry entities.

Source: A failed attempt of having it overshoot 2 squads by having them hug its front, leading to direct hit that also got st itself in the blast.
8 Nov 2020, 19:05 PM

Source: A failed attempt of having it overshoot 2 squads by having them hug its front, leading to direct hit that also got st itself in the blast.

Care to provide a replay?

Because once more as far as I know entities do not collide with projectiles.

In "even 1 infantry model on its way, it'll explode on it" you should be able to recreate quite easily.
8 Nov 2020, 19:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2020, 19:05 PMVipper

Care to provide a replay?

Because once more as far as I know entities do not collide with projectiles.

In "even 1 infantry model on its way, it'll explode on it" you should be able to recreate quite easily.

I won't bother providing the replay since I won't bother. That bug saved my captain + rifleman. I witnessed it bugging out on a model that was hugging the sturmtiger. It fired, recoiled but the shell landed on the infantry model in front of it, killing only it (no AOE dmg). That's what I witnessed.
8 Nov 2020, 20:18 PM

I won't bother providing the replay since I won't bother. That bug saved my captain + rifleman. I witnessed it bugging out on a model that was hugging the sturmtiger. It fired, recoiled but the shell landed on the infantry model in front of it, killing only it (no AOE dmg). That's what I witnessed.

Only it does not check it cheat mode. The shell probably hit the environment and not the entity.
10 Nov 2020, 01:38 AM

How do the Sturmtiger and the AVRE compare? I know the AVRE always wipes at least one squad of mine each time it shoots. There is no escape.
10 Nov 2020, 10:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2020, 01:38 AMSpoof
How do the Sturmtiger and the AVRE compare? I know the AVRE always wipes at least one squad of mine each time it shoots. There is no escape.

https://coh2.serealia.ca/#

This has updated stats last time I checked. You can directly compare them. Sturm is overall a bigger nuke while AVRE has a turret so it's a bit less clunkier.
10 Nov 2020, 12:18 PM

https://coh2.serealia.ca/#

This has updated stats last time I checked. You can directly compare them. Sturm is overall a bigger nuke while AVRE has a turret so it's a bit less clunkier.

The most important difference is that the AVRE shoots much faster leaving the enemy little time to react while the Sturmtiger takes forever to shoot and then hits the terrain half the time. I also think the AVRE has better AOE making it better vs infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 20
Germany 400

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment