Login

russian armor

Issues playing agains USF

30 Oct 2020, 11:58 AM

I have hard time against USF, i think the faction is actually pretty overpowered and lack in counters from Axis

Their infantry is too strong and numerous. Grens constantly lose to them, it seems grens have no stopping power against them. I don't mind losing engagements, just not ones where i get out done by base stats. MGs often get flanked because there are too many enemy infantry, and eventually get stolen.

Their main strat seems to be merely blobbing. They (at least the opponents I had, not all of the players) tend to blob four or five infantry, some of which have Bazookas, and destroy everything that comes in their way. Such ways to play is counter intuitive and ruins the fun of the game.

There isnt any counters to them, they have strong AT, MG, versatile tanks. I just don't know how to beat them unless I outright have better apm and skills.

Does anyone else feel the same way?
30 Oct 2020, 12:11 PM

You have the MG42, elite infantry in HQ, lightning fast LVs and a sniper.
30 Oct 2020, 12:13 PM

I use Grens/MG42 and Mortars against this silly goose of USF. Which mode do you play?? I struggle against USF 2on2 when 2 players gang up on me (lol 2v1) but depend on your own teammate doing team-play.
30 Oct 2020, 12:15 PM

I use Grens/MG42 and Mortars against this silly goose of USF. Which mode do you play?? I struggle against USF 2on2 when 2 players gang up on me (lol 2v1) but depend on your own teammate doing team-play.

I play vanilla 1v1 and 2v2, occasionally 3v3. I never tried any mods.
12 Nov 2020, 07:00 AM

Ostruppen and 5man grens are your best friends here. If truppen rush 222 out (5 min timing ish, stuart is 7 normally.) Mg-ost-ost-ost-t2-pgren/222

Force the rifles to push on the truppen and youll trade well.
12 Nov 2020, 07:16 AM

they have strong AT, MG, versatile tanks.

OST in short.
13 Nov 2020, 04:34 AM

Mechanized Assault destroys USF.

USF has some good units but the real weakness is in the lack of any viable early game other than riflemen which makes them predictable. Also the expensive tech tree.
13 Nov 2020, 12:47 PM

They (at least the opponents I had, not all of the players) tend to blob four or five infantry, some of which have Bazookas, and destroy everything that comes in their way. Such ways to play is counter intuitive and ruins the fun of the game.

Rank 2,000+ lobby?
13 Nov 2020, 13:56 PM

Consider going for a strong anti-infantry vehicle to combine with your forces, while taking precautions against their anti tank potential in the early game.

A quick Flame Half-Track or an Ostwind can trap them if they have invested too much in infantry.

As you reach the later stages, both the Sturmpanzer IV and the Panzerwerfer work wonders against blobs.

Finally, it may be easier for you to select a commander with an anti-blob off-map, such as the anti-infantry air attack that can suppress their infantry, found in Assault Support and Close Air Support doctrines. It's an easy counter to the blobs of inexperienced players who probably have no anti-air units.
13 Nov 2020, 15:24 PM

It would help alot to know which game mode you are playing. Im not gonna waste time to give tips when its not for 1v1/2v2 as i know nothing about the others.
USF playstyle probably differs alot more across the game modes than any other faction so the respective counters are different aswell.

stock usf is very strong in 1v1 and i cant blame anyone struggling against them specially when they use meta commanders like recon or jeep.
As Orangepest said, 5man grens are extremly strong vs usf (ostruppen too if you know how to play them).

14 Nov 2020, 03:48 AM

OST is a much stronger faction than USF essentially for two key reasons. 1) A far superior tech tree 2) more and better doctrines.

With early Panzergrens and 5 man grens you've got the infantry advantage over USF unless they happen to go Airborne.

You've got medium armor that comes out sooner and is overall better than what is available to USF.

You've got a complete tech tree with everything you need from mortars, snipers, HMGs, you have no difficult tech decisions to make, your USF opponent does.
15 Nov 2020, 16:09 PM

Early light vehicle play shuts down USF hard. Sniper. MG42. Grens on long range. MG42 bunker on chokepoints. Pick your poison. If you're struggling against any faction you need to play better.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★