Login

russian armor

Why Ostheer is OP

PAGES (8)down
31 Oct 2020, 08:55 AM

I wonder how much fun playing as ost can be with just pioneers, stugs and ostwinds. OP sure says a lot about how much he plays ost, for a change.

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198021567998

Well that didn’t go very well.
31 Oct 2020, 15:02 PM

I agree with what CN said.

Some of the points are very true and definetly an issue... but how is double Pak40 OP? Every other AT-Gun will shred mediums even more and more reliable. MG42 is by far noit the best MG since it is bugged most of the time. T4: Brummbär is OP i agree, buff wasnt needed at all, panther is fine and Werfer borderline useless most of the time. Snipers are not only an issue when played by Ost, its a bad designed unit and should be removed completly from the game. But i really have to say, the joke in here appears to be the "P4 OP" thing, like, more expensive and way more unreliable than other mediums, the only thing what saves it from being complete gargabe is its good armor and timing if you skip T2.

Ost definetly has issues atm what should be fixed, but still far less issues in numbers than other factions have
Pip
31 Oct 2020, 15:28 PM

I agree with what CN said.

Some of the points are very true and definetly an issue... but how is double Pak40 OP? Every other AT-Gun will shred mediums even more and more reliable. MG42 is by far noit the best MG since it is bugged most of the time. T4: Brummbär is OP i agree, buff wasnt needed at all, panther is fine and Werfer borderline useless most of the time. Snipers are not only an issue when played by Ost, its a bad designed unit and should be removed completly from the game. But i really have to say, the joke in here appears to be the "P4 OP" thing, like, more expensive and way more unreliable than other mediums, the only thing what saves it from being complete gargabe is its good armor and timing if you skip T2.

Ost definetly has issues atm what should be fixed, but still far less issues in numbers than other factions have

MG42 bugged? Howso?

Im not fully certain what might make you think the Panzerwerfer is "useless", it's very strong rocket arty, not the best, but certainly quite good.

What, uh, what makes the P4 unreliable exactly?
31 Oct 2020, 15:33 PM

the joke in here appears to be the "P4 OP" thing, like, more expensive and way more unreliable than other mediums, the only thing what saves it from being complete gargabe is its good armor and timing if you skip T2.

GiaA made a point of calling the T34/76 OP, so I contrasted that with the P4. I don’t think the Ostheer P4 is OP.
31 Oct 2020, 16:09 PM

MG42 is by far noit the best MG since it is bugged most of the time.

it isnt bugged.... if anything its the highest suppression non deathloop machinegun...
31 Oct 2020, 16:25 PM

@mods Please delete off topic comments about the T34/76 power level/use/value/whatever.
31 Oct 2020, 17:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2020, 00:29 AMPip

Movement speed penalties for Ostruppen is pretty dumb,and unprecedented, honestly.

While "stupid" it's not unprecedented in a certain way. RE with the anvil upgrade had speed debuff whenever they say combat.

A different kind of nerf could involve decapture/capture rate as well. Osttruppen originally started as way cheaper squads which capped at half the speed.

In this way you won't nerf the "defensive" nature of them, rather than the "i cap the whole map" kind of style.
31 Oct 2020, 17:41 PM

While "stupid" it's not unprecedented in a certain way. RE with the anvil upgrade had speed debuff whenever they say combat.

A different kind of nerf could involve decapture/capture rate as well. Osttruppen originally started as way cheaper squads which capped at half the speed.

In this way you won't nerf the "defensive" nature of them, rather than the "i cap the whole map" kind of style.

Capture rate of osttrupen to 0.75 quite likely would also solve all the problems they create.
Pip
31 Oct 2020, 17:41 PM

The RE's speed debuff in combat isn't quite the same as a constant speed debuff, honestly. There are plenty of speed debuffs in the game, suppression, Tactical Advance, Fear Propaganda etc, but they're a bit different than a squad just walking slowly all the time.

A (smaller than 50%) capping debuff sounds like a decent way to balance them though. I like that one. Would this be a flat nerf, or might it come with buffs to the unit to cement their "defensive" nature? Further improvements to their rifles in cover (Perhaps at vet)? Their LMG being improved to some degree? Without their ability to swarm the map and take ground quickly I'm unsure if they'll have much of a place otherwise. I don't make use of them often though, so perhaps Im wrong.
31 Oct 2020, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2020, 17:41 PMKatitof

Capture rate of osttrupen to 0.75 quite likely would also solve all the problems they create.

I'm a fan of this avenue. There are many metrics that can be tweaked that indirectly balance we all often forget about.
. Granted if we go with a speed debuffs we could lock it to enemy territory. Ostroppen are supposed to hold the line not take ground right?
Pip
31 Oct 2020, 17:54 PM

I'm a fan of this avenue. There are many metrics that can be tweaked that indirectly balance we all often forget about.
. Granted if we go with a speed debuffs we could lock it to enemy territory. Ostroppen are supposed to hold the line not take ground right?

This would presumably include neutral territory, or it wouldn't really make a difference for the initial Ostruppen opening. I still think Speed debuffs are a bad idea, they're just going to be annoying.
31 Oct 2020, 18:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2020, 17:54 PMPip

This would presumably include neutral territory, or it wouldn't really make a difference for the initial Ostruppen opening. I still think Speed debuffs are a bad idea, they're just going to be annoying.

Well, this is precisely how CoH1 brits worked, speed debuff outsdie of friendly territory.
31 Oct 2020, 19:06 PM

The MG42 and Panzergrens have been broken for a while now. Those are the two most OP units in the game right now.

Panzergrens are rediculously broken because they are guaranteed now that you build them from the HQ, so they're arriving too early and they didn't get any kind of preformance nerf as a result. They are incredibly durable despite being a 4 man sqaud.
They also don't even lose much AI ability especially when you've got a vetted blob of 3 squads of them, they still retain their rediculouly powerful bundle grenade even when upgraded to double schreks. The only similar Allied unit as far as preformance/abilities might be Rangers or Paratroopers but those are doctrinal, aren't as blobbale, and I don't think their AI abilities are nearly as good when equipped with AT weapons.

MG42 - Well this one is obvious and is undoubtedly the most OP unit in the game in terms of timing, cost, and preformance. It is the best machine gun the game has, it supresses better than any other MG, has as wide an arch as any other MG, vets quickly, gets AP incendiary rounds that can kill most light vehicles in just one or two bursts making it the best anti-light vehicle MG in the game. And yet, it costs the same as Maxium and Vickers which are far worse, and costs less than a .50 cal whose only advantage is in deployment time. This thing is laughbly broken.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS