Login

russian armor

CoH2: All-Out War Edition - 64bit

3 Nov 2020, 01:20 AM

i hope the new version of COh2 will not be an out of season april fools joke, dont u guys have fones?
3 Nov 2020, 01:26 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Apologies for the delays with the 64 bit update. We're trying to ensure a quality product at launch.

Without going into all the speculation here, two main reasons for the delay are;

A) We were working to resolve technical issues, some of which required collaboration with external parties.
B) Our game is now on two platforms. Aside from the additional scope for issues, our release pipeline has become a lot more complicated, with differing requirements between platforms.

We hope to have the update live in 1-2 weeks.

Cheers Relic & Andy, a very welcome update
3 Nov 2020, 02:24 AM

I look forward to the update! Hopefully it'll make the game run more smoothly and we could join our brothers on microsoft store.
3 Nov 2020, 05:53 AM

I hope the horrible lag spikes I have been experiencing ends when the new version comes out.
And yes, I made sure it's not on my end and they seems very consistent, I get one every 15 min or so.
3 Nov 2020, 06:37 AM

Thank you for the response @Andy_RE you the real OG.
6 Nov 2020, 04:33 AM
Patrion 310

Thank you for the response @Andy_RE you the real OG.

+1

Without going into all the speculation here, two main reasons for the delay are;

I have no disrespect towards passionate Relic devs. But the Relic rumor mill keeps spinning as long the studio keeps failing with transparency.
Logical thinking.

DoW3 destroyed a great deal of consumer confidence in Relic. As one result, the rumor mill is no longer working in Relic's favor. With relatively low consumer confidence, all the Relic secrecy is not a winning strategy.
The studio has more to gain than to lose by becoming transparent.
Also sunshine is the best disinfectant against incompetent leaders.
Both passionate Relic devs and fans deserve leaders that cares about CoH excellence.
That is all.

CoH fans - waiting for Relic transparency;
7 Nov 2020, 14:00 PM

Apologies for the delays with the 64 bit update. We're trying to ensure a quality product at launch.

A) We were working to resolve technical issues, some of which required collaboration with external parties.
B) Our game is now on two platforms. Aside from the additional scope for issues, our release pipeline has become a lot more complicated, with differing requirements between platforms.

We hope to have the update live in 1-2 weeks.

https://www.coh2.org/post/create/thread_id/106719#

Thank you for the update, we are eagerly waiting for this update and I'm sure everyone is glad to see Relic work to improve their games past release date.

I would like to express my appreciation for your personal efforts, Andy and everyone at Relic over the years. I have been a fan since Dawn of War 1 and the work of your studio has forever defined what RTS games are. Despite recent hurdles I look forward to your future work with anticipation.
7 Nov 2020, 23:19 PM

+1

I have no disrespect towards passionate Relic devs. But the Relic rumor mill keeps spinning as long the studio keeps failing with transparency.
Logical thinking.

DoW3 destroyed a great deal of consumer confidence in Relic. As one result, the rumor mill is no longer working in Relic's favor. With relatively low consumer confidence, all the Relic secrecy is not a winning strategy.
The studio has more to gain than to lose by becoming transparent.
Also sunshine is the best disinfectant against incompetent leaders.
Both passionate Relic devs and fans deserve leaders that cares about CoH excellence.
That is all.

CoH fans - waiting for Relic transparency;

9 Nov 2020, 18:05 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

UPDATE - NOVEMBER 9th 2020 - We (Relic) are now targeting late November for the release of this update. A further technical issue was discovered late last week which will need to be addressed. Apologies for the further delay, we appreciate your patience.
9 Nov 2020, 18:41 PM

The hype is real for me. Even though i am only playing a few times atm
9 Nov 2020, 20:44 PM

UPDATE - NOVEMBER 9th 2020 - We (Relic) are now targeting late November for the release of this update. A further technical issue was discovered late last week which will need to be addressed. Apologies for the further delay, we appreciate your patience.

Makes sense to not rush it out before World Champs if there are issues, thank you for the update.
9 Nov 2020, 22:58 PM

omg i am so excited, im gonna play my heart out.
9 Nov 2020, 23:54 PM

Well now we have ourselves a horse race!

What hits first?
A) Relic Patch
B) Corona Vaccine
C) ELE Meteor
D) 2021
10 Nov 2020, 00:52 AM

What hits first?
A) Relic Patch
B) Corona Vaccine
C) ELE Meteor
D) 2021

D :rofl:
10 Nov 2020, 08:20 AM

What hits first?
A) Relic Patch
B) Corona Vaccine
C) ELE Meteor
D) 2021

Trump getting re-elected.
10 Nov 2020, 10:19 AM

I was wondering. Why didn't Relic wait for the 64bit and then put COH2 and all it's DLCs on that massive sale? I noticed around 12k people playing the game but a lot of them complained about the performance issues/crashing. Would have saved some of that new playerbase just by waiting for the updated engine.
10 Nov 2020, 11:09 AM

Or potstpone the Microsoft Store release which currently has no crossplay. New players over there are wondering if the multiplayer is deserted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/jrevjq/is_this_game_dead/
12 Nov 2020, 19:16 PM

What hits first?
A) Relic Patch
B) Corona Vaccine
C) ELE Meteor
D) 2021

Apophis is currently speeding up! ELE Meteor is pulling on the outside! Relic is settling back into the pack, Corona Virus lags behind with 2021 not far behind ...
20 Nov 2020, 20:57 PM
Patrion 310

Or potstpone the Microsoft Store release which currently has no crossplay. New players over there are wondering if the multiplayer is deserted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/jrevjq/is_this_game_dead/

SEGA 60th Interview with Relic Entertainment - General Manager Justin Dowdeswell:

Relic GM 2:00
"We talk to the fans"

Sega should be slammed for softball questions. How can Relic talk to CoH fans when there is no CM?
Talk is cheap.
20 Nov 2020, 21:10 PM

SEGA 60th Interview with Relic Entertainment - General Manager Justin Dowdeswell:

Relic GM 2:00
"We talk to the fans"

Sega should be slammed for softball questions. How can Relic talk to CoH fans when there is no CM?
Talk is cheap.

Wait if Relic has no community manager then what the hell is Andy supposed to be?

Also is this update every coming out or is it another Cyberpunk 2077 that's endlessly gonna be delayed due to "reasons".

I mean we all know that at this point a skeleton crew is working on the game and that whenever it releases it's going to be broken anyway so I see very little reason for delaying other than making and breaking further promises to the community.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS