Login

russian armor

Perfect example of arty dominanz and BS mechanics (4v4)

16 Oct 2020, 06:37 AM

the advantage from allies with their endless arty rain option are bullshit and needs to tone down.

LM and Calliope are area deny tools. have 4 or more of them and deny every area for endless time, since the first unit cool down is ready, when the last arty unit shoot.

here is a perfect example of the arty-bs:

early game start: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/771341017

some time point with endless arty rain every time: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/771341017?t=1h27m58s

(this game is full of arty rain all the time from the 20min mark)
i killed their arty serveral times...

but their arty isnt the biggest problem itself. its the combination of bazooka /piats bloobs which destroy a panther in mostly one or two volleys.

16 Oct 2020, 06:42 AM

to be clear: all arty spam should be nerfed. on axis side too....its not fun anymore.
16 Oct 2020, 10:00 AM

If you dont like arty spam dont play 4v4 really, its like going into a bar and complain that there are drunk ppl.

Best you can do - veto all non-open maps.
16 Oct 2020, 10:06 AM

-playes literal campfest arty spam mode
-complains about arty spam while not bringing any arty himself
16 Oct 2020, 10:21 AM

Have to agree with the others, you are playing the wrong game mode if you want to avoid arty spam.
16 Oct 2020, 11:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

to be clear: all arty spam should be nerfed. on axis side too....its not fun anymore.

I agree with this statement.

3v3 and 4v4 are decided by artillery way too much. There is no diversified strategy set anymore, there is only one, maybe two ways to play and everything ends in at least 1-2 arty units per player, turning the whole concept of unit preservation upside down.

Large modes should have been less focused on arty, unfortunately it is too late to change that for CoH2. So the only thing that remains is what others already said: If you don't want arty spam, go 1v1 or 2v2.
16 Oct 2020, 12:33 PM

Well the problem start from the fact that TDs are so effective that make tank disappear in seconds and in large modes so people build artillery instead.
16 Oct 2020, 13:01 PM

Arti spam is a problem in 3s and 4s, and all factions have the means to contribute to the cancer. You have not experienced true arti hell until when you have played a game where one dude builds nothing but LeFH guns. and his teammates cover for him. their long range means they can stay by the base sector. even with access to IL2 strikes, they can be replaced faster than you can destroy em
16 Oct 2020, 14:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm gonna change the title to reflect this. PM if you want it changed back.
16 Oct 2020, 14:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

As long as you have 800 popcap worth of units in the map, artillery will remain to be king.

Adding to this, moving single squads is ineffective > therefore blobbing > therefore artillery.

16 Oct 2020, 17:05 PM

Imagine not vetoing Hamburger in 4v4.
16 Oct 2020, 17:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 12:33 PMVipper
Well the problem start from the fact that TDs are so effective that make tank disappear in seconds and in large modes so people build artillery instead.

People generally flock to artillery because most maps are overcrowded and laney and tend to favour the defender digging in with a wall of AT, i.e. the perfect scenario for howitzers and rocket artillery and the worst scenario for any regular tank. Blaming the effectiveness of TDs for that is rather far-fetched, because bigger maps like Steppes or General Mud generally see mass tank engagements instead of artillery even though said maps are great for TDs.
16 Oct 2020, 17:27 PM

People generally flock to artillery because most maps are overcrowded and laney and tend to favour the defender digging in with a wall of AT, i.e. the perfect scenario for howitzers and rocket artillery and the worst scenario for any regular tank. Blaming the effectiveness of TDs for that is rather far-fetched, because bigger maps like Steppes or General Mud generally see mass tank engagements instead of artillery even though said maps are great for TDs.

Depends on the mode.

In 3vs3 you might see tank fights in open map, in 4vs4 it very probable that you will see artillery play.
16 Oct 2020, 17:59 PM

But...it's my favourite 4v4 map......

16 Oct 2020, 18:51 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I was gonna move this from the balance section because of our unwritten rule of OPs requirements for the balance section, but I think the responses have turned the thread for the better here. Carry on.

Arti spam is a problem in 3s and 4s, and all factions have the means to contribute to the cancer. You have not experienced true arti hell until when you have played a game where one dude builds nothing but LeFH guns. and his teammates cover for him. their long range means they can stay by the base sector. even with access to IL2 strikes, they can be replaced faster than you can destroy em

Flashbacks intensify
17 Oct 2020, 03:28 AM

When we're at it, i want to bring up the LEFH's counter battery and british version of it (tho less problematic being timed and muni cost), they are still require close to no input and put intense micro tax on opponents.
17 Oct 2020, 16:17 PM

the advantage from allies with their endless arty rain option are bullshit and needs to tone down.

Dude u are lefh spammer xd pls don't embarrass yourself
17 Oct 2020, 19:23 PM

When we're at it, i want to bring up the LEFH's counter battery and british version of it (tho less problematic being timed and muni cost), they are still require close to no input and put intense micro tax on opponents.

Ahh yes, the infamous 10% (or something similar) direct hits LEFH CB. Worthless against a Calliope and i’ve yet to meet a decent player whose Sexton/Priests were intimidated by the shells landing around them lol. (2 direct hits for a kill!) I mean sure, when we had Hamburg 4-5 LEFHs even their Priests were getting deleted but come on.

Adv Emp really is just a cheese commander who flails in flames against Incendiary Mortar HTs or Feuersturm.

Against decent players who mine and protect their mobile arty, Axis don’t have much in the way of reliable counters except LEFH.
17 Oct 2020, 23:24 PM

I veto it as allies, in fact my vetoes are maxed out playing as allies.

Hill 400 gets my vote as the worst map in the game.

As axis 4v4 tends to be a more chilled experience so I rarely veto anything.

Removing counterbattery from the Lefh would be a good start in making arty less braindead, then just mirror the stats of the ML20.
18 Oct 2020, 15:25 PM

Rocket Artillery is a basic tool needed in any game mode above 1vs1, as you will eventually face several MGs and ATGs that will prevent any decisive push on VPs, the LM is pretty bad (lmao) and the Calliope is what makes USF playable in campy lane maps.

4vs4 is just a stupid fun game mode. It's not balanced in the slightest.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★