Login

russian armor

Major's Artillery Barrage - USF

10 Oct 2020, 20:52 PM

I love this ability but it very dangerous to use late game with all of the long range AI. Trying to use it can be suicidal in the late game.

Increase range of the Major's Artillery Barrage at vet 3 to help the offensive Major playstyle.
10 Oct 2020, 21:10 PM

Nooooo. It's already super strong it doesn't need to nuke from further.

Did you know it's range is not reduced with suppression? If there's a bunker or mg in a building holding an area the major can nuke it away as is. Don't need to do so from an uncountable range.
10 Oct 2020, 21:44 PM

I love this ability but it very dangerous to use late game with all of the long range AI. Trying to use it can be suicidal in the late game.

Increase range of the Major's Artillery Barrage at vet 3 to help the offensive Major playstyle.

Major is dirty cheap, even if lose the major one can inflict more economical damage to the opponent with a single barrage.
10 Oct 2020, 22:04 PM

Did you know it's range is not reduced with suppression? If there's a bunker or mg in a building holding an area the major can nuke it away as is. Don't need to do so from an uncountable range.

Yeah... You might be right. It is very strong. My main argument for buffing it is the internal balance of forward retreat playstyle vs. offensive major. IMO the forward retreat playstyle wins out... But that doesn't mean the barrage is weak.
10 Oct 2020, 22:27 PM

Yeah... You might be right. It is very strong. My main argument for buffing it is the internal balance of forward retreat playstyle vs. offensive major. IMO the forward retreat playstyle wins out... But that doesn't mean the barrage is weak.

There's other things they can do if they want the major to take a more active role imo. I've played players who made great use of the existing major and do a great job. People imo just need to really try em
10 Oct 2020, 22:32 PM

There's other things they can do if they want the major to take a more active role imo. I've played players who made great use of the existing major and do a great job. People imo just need to really try em

... Not really. The issue with the aggressive style is it is easy to lose the major. I just think that it could be made a little better in the late game to ease the number of risks a USF player needs to take to be agressive. Still strong but you make it sound like there is a fung shui secret. Just use the abilities lol
10 Oct 2020, 22:59 PM

... Not really. The issue with the aggressive style is it is easy to lose the major. I just think that it could be made a little better in the late game to ease the number of risks a USF player needs to take to be agressive. Still strong but you make it sound like there is a fung shui secret. Just use the abilities lol

Losing a major is less impactful than losing a Vetted conscript squad.
11 Oct 2020, 01:50 AM

Back then when I was a noob, I use Major as FT point so I can remove my mistake from rush infantry into MGs.

But later, I rather use Major as my key support role. There is no faction that has a combat support role as good as Major. Barrage, fake barrage, recon, smoke.

His main ability isnt only barrage. I once had vet3 Major smoke a defensive line, sprint right behind the line. Use both barrage to scare enemy units to resetup team weapon. Active forward retreat point. 4-5 squad retreat next to him. Break a whole defensive line with 100 ammo. You got the concept.

Major, Lieu, Cap can gain vet from other infantry. Get Major to Vet3, this barrage comes faster, fire more, able to sprint, 2 recon planes
11 Oct 2020, 07:07 AM

Yeah imo the major is definitely best in a support role, keep it just back from the fire fight and keep your opponent guessing with decoy barrages. Give him a bazooka and he can provide supplemental anti tank while keeping away from the enemy infantry which will shred him.
11 Oct 2020, 09:56 AM

Major is cheap and gets vet from units around it so it can vet up fast and the barrage is easy to use. It's not OP nor UP. Leave it be.
11 Oct 2020, 12:59 PM

Majors arty is more than fine its pretty good where it is just vet him up and its super good
11 Oct 2020, 13:58 PM

Not for me, I use it for arty, recon, and smoke rather than forward retreat. I haven't used retreat for a long time, too vulnerable to artillery in my opinion

The vet 1 bonus to recon and vet 2 bonus to artillery barrage are pretty awesome
11 Oct 2020, 17:54 PM

It's a cool ability but it's not THAT good. It's strong, but I'd hardly call it "super" strong. The Brit Infantry Section artillery abilites are better.
11 Oct 2020, 19:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2020, 17:54 PMCODGUY

It's a cool ability but it's not THAT good. It's strong, but I'd hardly call it "super" strong. The Brit Infantry Section artillery abilites are better.

You would, but major arty not only gets better with vet, it also doesn't get a range reduction with suppression unlike the Brit base arty making it useful against suppression platforms like bunkers schwere and garrisoned machinegun.
11 Oct 2020, 21:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2020, 17:54 PMCODGUY

Much better!

12 Oct 2020, 01:51 AM

You would, but major arty not only gets better with vet, it also doesn't get a range reduction with suppression unlike the Brit base arty making it useful against suppression platforms like bunkers schwere and garrisoned machinegun.

I remember I did a cheat test before, Major's arty at higher vet (not sure which vet) throw more barrage (from 6 to 9 or so), and the coming time is much shorter too.
12 Oct 2020, 11:22 AM

Major arty is fine. It's well balanced and behind a unit with 0 combat potential. Leave it be. It's not UP nor OP
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 37
Germany 736
unknown 21
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L