Login

russian armor

Dealing with full TD spam against all three factions

• This thread is locked
25 Sep 2020, 14:07 PM

Any help against the annoying broken spam of allied TDs. One guy with 4 fucking fureflies and the other 5 jackson. And the third with isu and su85s. How to deal with that. Why arenot they pop capped after that. All i had was 3 Panthers 1sturmpio. And 1 ober. And 2 raketens. Panthers cant even win against good jacksons
25 Sep 2020, 14:08 PM

Oh and a vet 5 stuka.
25 Sep 2020, 14:09 PM

I think. In my opinion correct me if iam wrong. When i see they went heavy TD.i should have brought up loads of raketens after losing my panthers right? And went full infantry. Any ideas?
25 Sep 2020, 14:11 PM

I have been in a week of losing streak as OKW and it is not fun
25 Sep 2020, 15:41 PM

Am at work at the moment but will give a few pointers. I see this problem all the time in 3v3+ as OKW.

1. Do not attempt to counter Allied TDs in 2020 with Panthers unless it’s 1v1 and you are sure there’s no enemy help coming. They are cheaper and can be assumed to penetrate your armor the vast majority of the time.
2. If they have massed so much armor, your team has done something wrong. We’re talking easily 600+ fuel by that description. Where’s the Elefant? The Jagdtiger? Panther spam does not work well in the meta unless they’re spamming Churchills/Meds. Gone are the days where a Panther can facetank 2 FFs and kill one and then retreat.
3. TD spam is counterable by schreck infantry/AT guns yes but it’s not a 100% answer (katyushas etc.). You need the Axis super heavy TDs. Yes, even a single AT gun can punch the wind out of a TD advance and quickly vaporise one/soften them up.
4. I would recommend an armor BO of Pz IV Auf J then Jagdpanzer IVs. Those underrated TDs have smaller size than Allied contemporaries, see out to 45 and have arguably the best scaling of any regular TD in the game. They also kill Fireflies faster than FF can kill them due to the 4 hits to kill metric. Below vet III FF anyway.

1B. ‘Elite’ Armor Commander can technically fight TDs with the 45 sight range/10% more accurate Panthers and even use HEAT to vaporise heavy allied tanks. However, this is an extremely risky playstyle and even 5K players can outspam you even with the bonus fuel income.
25 Sep 2020, 20:11 PM

If they pump out such ridiculous amount of specilazed AT stuff, you should just not use armour and comfortably overrun their infantry
26 Sep 2020, 03:00 AM

If they pump out such ridiculous amount of specilazed AT stuff, you should just not use armour and comfortably overrun their infantry

Tommies\Upped Airborn\Soviet elites\Upped rifles are laughing somewhere. Deploying 2-3 Jacksons\2 coments\2-3 SU-85 doesnt hurt your inf play. In teamgames ofcourse.
26 Sep 2020, 10:32 AM

In large teamgames, 2 raketen and a KT as bait do wonders in such situations
22 Aug 2022, 01:07 AM

In large teamgames, 2 raketen and a KT as bait do wonders in such situations

I do this KT bait raketen back up, they always wants to kill the tiger and disregard raketen ATs,
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★