Login

russian armor

Why Soviets are OP

PAGES (26)down
30 Sep 2020, 17:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2020, 17:27 PMEsxile

lol now the quad is broken. :clap:

Why don't you test in cheat mode the Quad vs airplanes and then any other AA and come back with the results.
30 Sep 2020, 17:38 PM

The Quad is broken, but since it holds the faction in teamgames, it should not be nerfed :kappa:
30 Sep 2020, 22:45 PM

In teamgames, unless you have the T34-85 the Soviets just aren't responsive enough to be relevant compared to the UKF.

The Su-85 is a great unit but being casemate while having the standard questionable pathing of Coh2 leaves it well behind the Jackson and Firefly imo.

I really only want a Sov teammate for the Katyusha and AA quad to mitigate skillplane cancer.
1 Oct 2020, 07:49 AM

And you are acting like it's way better than it is. All those things you said are nice, but you left out the fact that it's in Sov t3

By the time the quad is out and upgraded you don't have much time to use it for anything other than AA. But that's not even the main point here, the point is that Soviets have no other AA units at all. Pintle on IS2/ISU is the only other form of AA they have...

You're acting as if games lasted a grand total of 10 minutes. Back when stall for IS2 was popular/viable it was my second vehicle after T70, and would usually get to vet 3 before stuka CAS was even unlocked. It's fundamentally a very good light vehicle, and I like it way better than the USF AAHT, which I find horribly unintuitive to use. I'm not even joining the debate on "is its AA capability OP" - just pointing out that it is way more than just AA.

Admittedly I don't use/see it very often these days, but that's mostly because Ostruppen/5 man grens = no stuka CAS and few OKW commanders have a loiter. And because, you know, T70 exists.
1 Oct 2020, 07:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2020, 17:27 PMEsxile

lol now the quad is broken. :clap:

I understand from the argument that the P4 is considered UP because it cannot shoot down planes as effectively as the Soviet Quad. I do not think that there are problems with soviet units being good at the job that they're supposed to do.
1 Oct 2020, 08:43 AM

The fact Panzergrenadiers are in HQ but the forum is bitching about the M16 Quad is beyond me.
1 Oct 2020, 13:38 PM

I understand from the argument that the P4 is considered UP because it cannot shoot down planes as effectively as the Soviet Quad. I do not think that there are problems with soviet units being good at the job that they're supposed to do.

You didnt even read aurguments about quad, right?

The fact Panzergrenadiers are in HQ but the forum is bitching about the M16 Quad is beyond me.

The fact Grenadiers are sucking balls against everything but Cons, but the forum is bitching about Panzergrenadiers in HQ is beyond me.

Also its kinda funny, when ppl were arguing about Quad and came to somewhat aurgumented conclusion and proving their points properly, thread become dead for a few days.

Then "FOK YOU ITS NOT" guys came in and thread is alive again :snfPeter:
1 Oct 2020, 13:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2020, 09:13 AMVipper

This is a thread about soviet units so I suggest you try to stay on topic.

If you want to debate Ostheer units I suggest you start a thread about them.

I believe he is referring to how the Pxgrens can counter said Soviet units.

edit: read the posts below this one and this thread can just take an 'L' as it's utterly off the rails.
1 Oct 2020, 13:41 PM

The Quad is OP :lolol:

The quad is the least of the problems.

The soviet faction as a whole is broken as fuck.

They are now absolute cancer ( the whole fucking faction )

The balance team Muppets could not see the forest for the trees and just kept enabling every broken fuck
ability (which in a vacume is fine ), but outside of tournaments or top tier automatch they are completely cancerous and obnoxious as hell.

I truly hope relic do not take community balance efforts into consideration when making COH3 or AOE4..

You.... do realize that soviets currently have lowest win rates.... right?
1 Oct 2020, 13:43 PM

You.... do realize that soviets currently have lowest win rates.... right?

In tournaments? If its the case, then its most likely due to top players during tournaments rarely pick soviets, most of the time they pick UKF\USF.

I didnt see relic post win-rates for automatch anyway. Not like, I'm saying soviets arent weakest allied faction, not over-all weakest, but I would like to see win rates.
1 Oct 2020, 13:55 PM

In tournaments? If its the case, then its most likely due to top players during tournaments rarely pick soviets, most of the time they pick UKF\USF.

I didnt see relic post win-rates for automatch anyway. Not like, I'm saying soviets arent weakest allied faction, not over-all weakest, but I would like to see win rates.

On ladder.
Not by much, but its lowest.
One of the balance modders posted some ratios some time ago.
1 Oct 2020, 14:06 PM

The fact Grenadiers are sucking balls against everything but Cons

YOUR Grenadiers, not mine.

Git gud.
1 Oct 2020, 14:09 PM

YOUR Grenadiers, not mine.

Git gud.

Sorry, bored from picking 5 men grade :snfPeter:
1 Oct 2020, 14:16 PM

You're acting as if games lasted a grand total of 10 minutes. Back when stall for IS2 was popular/viable it was my second vehicle after T70, and would usually get to vet 3 before stuka CAS was even unlocked. It's fundamentally a very good light vehicle, and I like it way better than the USF AAHT, which I find horribly unintuitive to use. I'm not even joining the debate on "is its AA capability OP" - just pointing out that it is way more than just AA.

Admittedly I don't use/see it very often these days, but that's mostly because Ostruppen/5 man grens = no stuka CAS and few OKW commanders have a loiter. And because, you know, T70 exists.

So you don't get the vehicle that's not just religated to AA most of the game because there's plane meta is gone but it's totally worth it for more than just AA? I'm not convinced especially since I still see ostwinds, the occasional centaur and both flak traks.

To me it seems that without the AA component the quad is a dead unit.

Now there are things we could do to open up its window of use that might make it more attractive--nerfing the T70 is certainly an option (I suggest turret rotation and buff that at t4)

or making it come sooner. T3 contains one must buy, never buy and 1 only get to shoot down planes. Make t3 cheaper. Make an unlock for the T70. Perhaps gated behind mobilize reserves? Make t4 require the side grade so that t4 timing remains the same.

Also, an option could be to reneable reinforcement off it when upgraded when t4 is built so that there is some sort of reason to actually ever have a quad near the front in a time when tanks can ohk it.

Could replace its vet with an Aura ability.

There's options but removing its only desirable trait imo isn't one of them.
1 Oct 2020, 14:17 PM

You're acting as if games lasted a grand total of 10 minutes. Back when stall for IS2 was popular/viable it was my second vehicle after T70, and would usually get to vet 3 before stuka CAS was even unlocked.

Uhh no that's not even close to what I'm saying... It's not that the game will be over it's that if you get one AFTER a t70 (????) you're gonna have this thing called a p4 to deal with...

It's fundamentally a very good light vehicle, and I like it way better than the USF AAHT, which I find horribly unintuitive to use.

What? Well now you've lost me cause the AAHT is way better at fighting ground units than the quad. Can suppress on the move, and has the flak cannon to help against light tanks. It also arrives earlier...

1 Oct 2020, 16:13 PM

T-34 is a very useful unit., but most soviet player cannot get all that thing can offer. is a lot less expensive than the P4, and OK dont have the AT adventage., BUT Vs infantry and support weapons, is fast and very effective., also RAM., ram can be a gamechanger. because you know., the german heavies are hard to kill if a good player have them.

in my opinion the game is balanced. and Combined arms won the fight.
PAGES (26)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS