Login

russian armor

OKW in team games absolute useless

21 Sep 2020, 00:35 AM

I need help with OKW in team games. I generally believe allies win team games almost always. I played with both factions alot OKW most played most loved then americans. Yet in 1v1s game is pretty balanced in my opinion. When it comes to team games it is so furstrating i havenot won barely any team games for week technically huge losing streaks it is just not fun. Allies have way to versatility. Especially when all factions are present on one side it is done. Keep in mind stop saying combined arms and micro ing. Iam good at this rly. If iam combining arms he also is combining arms. And when u dont get the fuel unless bec of a dumb mistake enemies do happens once a week u will win. Other than that in an even fight alies equal win.the reason uam mentioning in team games is when there is arty once it was 2v2 double brits and they literally had 24/7 arty barrages on map either with tommies or the off map. It was just so broken literally every fight there was arty from 8 mins in. Other 3v3 24/7 arty barrages katys and ml120. It is just so broken. Team games OKW is garbage.
21 Sep 2020, 00:56 AM

Also it would help to see which commander is better. I only have fortifications. Feuerstorm. Elite armored. Didnot buy JLl yet. So not an option
21 Sep 2020, 01:17 AM

21 Sep 2020, 02:44 AM

about OKW in teamgame:
1/ Always build Sandbag.
2/ OutFlanking enemies, but "How" is l2p
3/ Because OKW natural harbit is non-stop spamming, I suggest you need to change this. Bring more support weapon to help volk holding the line.
4/ About Commander, plz pick some cmd can provide some kind of Recon.
21 Sep 2020, 09:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2020, 02:44 AMtheekvn
about OKW in teamgame:
1/ Always build Sandbag.
2/ OutFlanking enemies, but "How" is l2p
3/ Because OKW natural harbit is non-stop spamming, I suggest you need to change this. Bring more support weapon to help volk holding the line.
4/ About Commander, plz pick some cmd can provide some kind of Recon.

Ok recon is no problem with the nerfed to ground ir halfteack that no longer can be use behind LoS. Sandbag ofcourse I'm talk good elo plays here. Flanking when he is good army and u know u should be able to flank properly. Thats the problem there is always gonna be a third party to fuck it up. Thats the problem with team 24/7 bombardment. OKW troops are so squishy early and mid british emplacements made me lose 3 volks squad in diff parts of the map while moving. It is like misses to kill them. And dealing with them when u have their soviet teammate with guards. U see the problem is at the end in the over versatility in allies. Yet axis even when both faction together. Almost same deal with sturms like u deal with pgrens. Grens and volks long range. Different light tanks. Same big boys. P4 and panther. Best thing is TD spam in my opinion. Have 2 jgpzlv won me consistently against soviet TD but not jacksons rly . Never fought fireflies with this build yet. But then again there is no versatility between both faction in axis. While with soviet and brits for example. Cons meat shields with close range. Tommies and with best MG in the game and long range firepower. It is just too versatile to deal with. And when u choose the cmd to deal with the bastard on ur side. Now u pay the price. When it comes to late where all are fighting for one or 2 VPs u will get to meet the other players. And ofcourse out countered by versatility
21 Sep 2020, 12:33 PM

How can i provide a replay just to show u an 3xample of over versatility
21 Sep 2020, 12:35 PM

How can i provide a replay just to show u an 3xample of over versatility

scroll to the top of this site and click on "replays", then "upload a replay"
21 Sep 2020, 12:39 PM

\
how do i quote it here
21 Sep 2020, 12:46 PM

okwokw
nvm did it/ just watch. it is just brokenly unbreakable defence. and by the time i get TD they had KV2 and a bunch of easy eights and comets why is it always like this???
21 Sep 2020, 12:50 PM

i see ur one of the best top 10 ladders in OKW 4v4 whats ur opinion on what iam saying. maybe we can play together and maybe talk to me live about what and how and just help bec i love team games more than 1v1 honestly
21 Sep 2020, 14:01 PM

i see ur one of the best top 10 ladders in OKW 4v4 whats ur opinion on what iam saying. maybe we can play together and maybe talk to me live about what and how and just help bec i love team games more than 1v1 honestly

First of all, I don't think at all that OKW is bad in teamgames. The only thing which is bad is being not mixed (2x OKW without wehr) on one side on an open map like Whiteball for example.

Some basic tips I can give you:

1) always 2-3 volk squads with stg44 or fusiliers with G43, whatever you prefer, I personally prefer volks

2) I recommend building 1 kubelwagen and -depending on the map- either rush them forward or use them to back-cap. The vision of the Kubel is important so you can pick good engagements rather than running blind into MGs or sandbag squads all the time. And once it's vet 1 you have powerful "maphack"

3) vs brit and/or soviet maxim players ---> always 2-3 LeIgs from medic HQ

4) vs USF pakhowitzers, a fast stuka zu fuss is recommended

5) build raketen immediately once you see a bren carrier or any other scout car. Until it arrived, park the squads in a house or behind heavy cover (sandbags). If its a soviet car with flamer and no wehr grenadier, mine or sturmpio is nearby, retreat instantly.

6) Commanders: Feuersturm is highly recommended! And it's overlooked by many players. Sturmpio flamer is super strong on urban maps. LeIg incendiary rounds destroy emplacements, FHQs and garrisons fast. Opel Blitz gives you a healing + forward reinforcement option if you went stuka zu fuss. And its the only doctrine that can destroy howitzers with an offmap strike.

If none of the situations for feursturm apply, you can basically pick any commander honestly. In 4v4, the Jagdtiger doc is not a bad idea on the narrow lane maps.

7) always look into the enemy HQ at the start of the game. You can see if you are up against brit, USF or soviet on your side. USF and brit HQ is visible even through the fog of war, and if nothing can be seen it means it's a soviet HQ
21 Sep 2020, 16:43 PM

First of all, I don't think at all that OKW is bad in teamgames. The only thing which is bad is being not mixed (2x OKW without wehr) on one side on an open map like Whiteball for example.

1) always 2-3 volk squads with stg44 or fusiliers with G43, whatever you prefer, I personally prefer volks

2) I recommend building 1 kubelwagen and -depending on the map- either rush them forward or use them to back-cap. The vision of the Kubel is important so you can pick good engagements rather than running blind into MGs or sandbag squads all the time. And once it's vet 1 you have powerful "maphack"

5) build raketen immediately once you see a bren carrier or any other scout car. Until it arrived, park the squads in a house or behind heavy cover (sandbags). If its a soviet car with flamer and no wehr grenadier, mine or sturmpio is nearby, retreat instantly.

6) Commanders: Feuersturm is highly recommended! And it's overlooked by many players. Sturmpio flamer is super strong on urban maps. LeIg incendiary rounds destroy emplacements, FHQs and garrisons fast. Opel Blitz gives you a healing + forward reinforcement option if you went stuka zu fuss. And its the only doctrine that can destroy howitzers with an offmap strike.

If none of the situations for feursturm apply, you can basically pick any commander honestly. In 4v4, the Jagdtiger doc is not a bad idea on the narrow lane maps.

7) always look into the enemy HQ at the start of the game. You can see if you are up against brit, USF or soviet on your side. USF and brit HQ is visible even through the fog of war, and if nothing can be seen it means it's a soviet HQ

Ok i actually use ALL of these tips. Except for the kubel. I mean when i play USF it is just useless. Never i have seena kubel making a difference. But surely i will try. I actually liked feuerstorm and if u watched the replay u would see that i actually utilize it. And thats it i actually pick elite armor when i see the guy on my side is brits this tip number 7 is actually a good one and not many ppl know and most importantly it cant be used against axis i believe. Bec both are nothing ness
21 Sep 2020, 16:45 PM

I still encourage u to watch the replay i gave. It would be a help for u to comment on it
21 Sep 2020, 19:47 PM

Ok i actually use ALL of these tips. Except for the kubel. I mean when i play USF it is just useless. Never i have seena kubel making a difference. But surely i will try. I actually liked feuerstorm and if u watched the replay u would see that i actually utilize it. And thats it i actually pick elite armor when i see the guy on my side is brits this tip number 7 is actually a good one and not many ppl know and most importantly it cant be used against axis i believe. Bec both are nothing ness

You can see the OKW in the mist.
22 Sep 2020, 10:39 AM

I still encourage u to watch the replay i gave. It would be a help for u to comment on it

I will maybe do it at a later date, but not sure
22 Sep 2020, 14:17 PM

Was playing brits. 2v2. The hardest thing to deal about OKW is the obers. But i got myself arty and fricked him up. Yea we lost with a 10 point difference. Was an awesome 1 hour or more game btw. But as u can see. Me.my teammate. Enemy wehrmacht. Did 70k+ plus damage. The OKW guy did 40k+ XD.
23 Sep 2020, 03:11 AM

I think most OKW problem in team games comes from goijg for ine HQ truck then the shwerer. I havenot tried this yet but.i wanna try and go for all trucks early. Bec thats what happens. U go battlegroup u realize oh lelgs for team weapon spam. Now have to deal with shock troop crap with luchs. See i wanna try going for both trucks. It gives OKW some more versatility which it lacks in team games.
23 Sep 2020, 12:57 PM

There u have more garbage. As OKW ofcourse. 2 sovirts one usf fuck tom of pak howies and calliopes. And 2 isu. Dela with it how??? U have all arsenal all building built. Tell me how pls. It is just unbeatable. Worth noting. We had fuel advantage that game. But 2 calliopse and fuck 2 pak howies vetted. It is just broken. I mean wehrmacht can deal with that. Tell me what OKW can do.pls.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★